Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Bogdan Fiedur

4625 Posts
Chat
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Be gentle to all and stern...
4/7/2005 12:05:26 PM
"Be gentle to all and stern with yourself." – St. Teresa of Avila, 16th Century Spanish Saint
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Mark Wade

69 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Be gentle to all and stern...
4/7/2005 12:35:59 PM
Hi Bogdan, I don't know about this one my friend :-) I see evidence each day that too many people have become PC and are afraid to tell someone the truth, if it hurts. We seem to be far too concerned with people's feelings or wanting them to like us rather than telling them in a mature, respectable way what they might be doing wrong. Sometimes what they're doing wrong has the capability to kill them or injure them tragically, yet we fear "getting in their faces" because if we do that they won't like us anymore. On the flip side of this coin, my experience has been that I respect and have a great deal of gratitude for those who weren't afraid to tell me the truth even if it hurt my feelings. From them I have learned some of the most important lessons of my life. Have a wonderful day, Mark
b5media ought to be known as bsmedia. That's my message for now...
+0
4/7/2005 1:43:51 PM
Hi Bogdan and all, I would much rather hear the truth immediately, regardless of the pain that could be caused, than be told a lie only to find out the truth later. I have been told lies only to find out the truth a few times in my life. This caused me to lose all respect for these people and I no longer have much association with them. Even though the truth may hurt, I think it is best if told right off the bat. The person may be PO'd with you, but, you should at least maintain his/her respect for having told the truth instead of lying to them about the "situation". The truth hurts - examine the ramifications upon yourself of lying to anyone about anything - only to have the truth found out later. Have a GREAT day :-) Max Welton Elliot Lake, Ontario, Canada
+0
4/8/2005 3:27:07 AM
Hi Bogdan, Yes, we should be gentle to all and stern with oourselves. But what do you mean by the word "gentle"? My idea is being gentle means: telling Truth to the others, helping then avoid errors,sustaining anyone who needs help... Someone who cannot tell the truth kindly cannotlove. Salomon N'DRI
+0