Menu

Bogdan Fiedur

4629 Posts
Chat
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Always dream and shoot higher than you know how to...
1/21/2006 10:44:52 AM
"Always dream and shoot higher than you know how to. Don’t bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." – William Faulkner, writer
Hello
New Reply
+0
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Always dream and shoot higher than you know how to...
1/21/2006 10:59:33 AM
Thanks Bogdan. I really like that quote! It highlites a simple fact that in comparing myself to others I can always find someone "better" or "worse" than myself, but this comparison puts me into a negative mindset. If I become one who compares myself to others in this manner my growth is limited. However if my focus is turned inwards, my growth is UNLIMITED because I can always improve on the person I am today. I am always in a positive cycle of growth when I focus my attention in this manner.
Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
New Reply
+0
1/21/2006 11:08:37 AM
Going out of your comfort zone and taking the risk, you can truly feel the accomplishment when you succeed. Thanks for sharing another piece of wisdom, Bogdan. Coming soon "Ads By The Squares" www.adsbythesquares.com Kenneth R Sword Jr Co-CEO - Bizzy Blogz http://www.bizzyblogz.com/krsword Copy this link to your RSS Reader: http://www.bizzyblogz.com/rss.php?u=krsword
New Reply
+0
Sandy Morgan

219 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/21/2006 11:17:03 AM
I agree with you, Tim, that looking inward is a more effective way to grow. At the same timme, a mentor can have a great affect on one's growth!
New Reply
+0
John Rivera

1329 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/21/2006 11:57:51 AM
HI all, If you do as the quote says..well things begin to happen!!! GREAT waker upper for all of us.
New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!