Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
IT'S TIME TO HONOR THE 153rd POTW - LORRAINE SMITH
7/26/2008 11:16:36 AM

POTW***POTW***POTW***POTW***POTW

The 153rd Person of the WEEK !!!  

Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro,

Peter Fogel, Ana Maria Padurean and Jim Allen your POTW Awards Team.  

Are pleased to announce;

Lorraine Smith is the 153rd Person of the Week

Lorraine Smith

Lorraine Smith

It’s time again for one our favorite projects of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is one of our favorite projects because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people.

Thank you so much for your support and for making this event so special.

The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. 

To qualify the person has to be an active member
and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here at AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for nominating a member for the Feature of the Week

(also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). 

This criterion can be seen at the site below:

Criterion

How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week?

To be chosen as Person of the week you:

• Are highly visible on the community

In the past 350 post were the minimum requirement, we

aren't locked in on that number but a minimum of 300 posts

is mandatory. Posts that are mainly advertising posts will not

be considered.

Please note highly visible with a positive influence in and on

the community means just that. You have to have an active

forum and/or be active in community forums that are not ad

threads.

• Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful.

• Must be nominated for the program by another member 

of the Community and voted on by other members.

• Must have a real photo of themselves on their profile.

This week we're honoring Lorraine Smith.
Lorraine is involved in the community and is seen everywhere supporting and posting in many forums. 

Lorraine is a very interesting and active member of our community . Loraine is a very friendly caring person and is always willing to lend a helping hand.

Congratulations Lorraine Smith

on your POTW win! Wink

Lorraine Smith 

Here's Lorraine Smith's Bio:
Thanks to all my friends in the Community who cast their vote for me.  I'll do my best to live up to the tradition of the POTW and I hope to make even more friends!

I was born just outside of St Louis MO in the USA to a guy who used to wear a Zoot suit and a gal who looked like Loretta Young (my Dad and Mom). They packed me up and moved us down to southern IL when I was two years old, which is where I did my 'growing up'.

I have a sister here in FL and a brother in Chicago IL; both are younger siblings. I lost my Mom and Dad within two weeks of each other about ten years ago; she to cancer and he, I believe, to a broken heart.

I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life when I started college, so I quit and went travelling. I prefer to go places and live there awhile; get the feel of the place and go see the sights. I've lived in Colorado, the state of Washington, Tennessee, Wyoming, and Florida (this is my second time living in FL and I think I'm staying this time!).

When I turned 26 I needed a job and got one as a nursing assistant; I thought I would hate it, but instead it started me on the road to my nursing career. I don't know what else I could have chosen for a career that would have been so satisfying to me; it was mentally challenging as well as a personal development builder. I earned my ADN and I specialized in treating people with cancer; I loved almost every minute of it.

My major passion when I was in my late 30's/early 40's was sailing. I had a small sailboat that I singlehanded and also raced with a crew on a 27 footer ('Back Off' was her name and rightly so!) every week in Tampa Bay. I could not get enough of cruising and being on the water.

In 1994 I received some bad health news, and by 1998 had to retire from nursing. I also had to retire from sailing. So, with my two passions gone, I started messing with a couple of support groups online. Then I got involved with a few ill-advised experiments in internet marketing and MLM. I've been in and out of internet marketing for a few years now and although I don't think I'm ever going to make it a career I have fun with it and make a little pocket money. You can go to my profile and see what I have my fingers into these days (click my name above my pic).

I'm more of a listener than a talker; you'll see that my posts aren't very wordy. And although you may not see me reply to every post you make, rest assured that I am interested and reading (and will probably open my mouth at some point when I have something to say!). I sometimes take myself too seriously and other times I have a very eclectic sense of humor.

Thanks again everybody!

Lorraine

It is time to congratulate Lorraine on her POTW win. Please invite
Lorraine to join your list of friends if she isn't already on it.

Lorraine Smith,

Ana Maria, Jim and I are glad to be honoring 
you in this week's POTW forum.
You've been a great asset to our wonderful
community.

Enjoy your week as our 

POTW and Queen of AdlandPro!Wink

Thank you Adland Friends for supporting 
the POTW Forum

The Person of the Week Team

Peter, Jim and Ana Maria

POTW Awards Team

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: IT'S TIME TO HONOR THE 153rd POTW - LORRAINE SMITH
7/26/2008 11:25:21 AM

Yeah for Lorraine, true and faithful Adlandpro friend.  You have the  RIGHT to show your face on the front page of Adlandpro.  So what is LEFT to do, sit back and enjoy your week in the spotlight as Queen for the week.

I remember when you and I were only black silloutes floundering our way through Adlandpro, learning how to use this complicated system.  Now look at how far you have traveled.  All we have to do is open the sites and Woa La-aa   there you are.

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/26/2008 11:39:13 AM
Hi Lorraine

It is really good to see you with the POTW Award under your name - and long overdue too.

You are very definately an out of the box thinker and a great asset to the Adland Community because of it.  Your posts may be short but they are of great value!!

Congratulations and big Hugs

Jenny
+0
Jen
Jen Maxwell

658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/26/2008 11:42:46 AM
Hi Ana Maria, Jim and Peter,

WELL DONE, LORRAINE MY FRIEND.  ENJOY YOUR TIME IN THE SPOTLIGHT - YOU DESERVE IT!

Jen
Award Winning System cancels mortgage and debt interest on steroids! Without paying more each month! "The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about and refuse to investigate
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/26/2008 11:46:18 AM

Hi Lorraine,

Congratulations on your POTW win.

Enjoy your week in the spot light and your reign as Queen Lorraine.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!