Visibility: Public
Type: Family & Home
Owner: Samy Roumiehowns this group. Samy Roumieh
Date Created: 11/21/2008
City: Bronx
Address:
Phone:
Email: h_hass2003@hotmail.com
Description: **A real friend is one who takes the hand of his friend in time of distress and helplessness--

**My Friend's Freind Is My Friend Too--

Friendship is the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring all right out just as they are, chaff and grain together, certain that a faithful friendly hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of comfort, blow the rest away.

Samys Formula1.0
Men&Men=FriendShip

Samys Formula2.0
Women&Women=FriendShip

Samys Formula3.0
Men&Women=RelationShip

Friendship is a term used to denote co-operative and supportive behavior between two or more beings. In this sense, the term connotes a relationship which involves mutual knowledge, esteem, and affection and respect along with a degree of rendering service to friends in times of need or crisis.

Friends will welcome each other's company and exhibit loyalty towards each other, often to the point of altruism.

Their tastes will usually be similar and may converge, and they will share enjoyable activities. They will also engage in mutually helping behavior, such as exchange of advice and the sharing of hardship. A friend is someone who may often demonstrate reciprocating and reflective behaviors.

Yet for many, friendship is nothing more than the trust that someone or something will not harm them. Value that is found in friendships is often the result of a friend demonstrating the following on a consistent basis.

-the tendency to desire what is best for the other,
-sympathy and empathy,
-honesty, perhaps in situations where it may be difficult for others to speak the truth, especially in terms of pointing out the perceived faults of one's counterpart
-mutual understanding.

However, stylized hugging or kissing may be considered acceptable, depending on the context--

Men and Friendship

by Hassan Roumieh

I treasure my friends. But probably not as deeply as I should.

You see, I think I'm given to the temptations of most men when it comes to friendship. I tend to "fall into them" and then let them coast along. For instance, I received an e-mail from a friend I labored with in ministry a few years back. It's the first time we've "spoken" in nearly two years. On the upside, we seemed to pick up right where we left off. But on the downside, speaking once every 18 months could hardly be called "treasuring" friendship.

» Events

» New Event

Events on 4/20/2024

No events have been created yet for this day.
Previous MonthApril 2024Next Month
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

» Albums

This group does not have any albums yet.

» Forums

There are no forums here yet.

»Posts

There are no threads here yet.
facebook
Like us on Facebook!