Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
It's Time To Honor The 136th POTW, BETTY A. STRANGE
3/22/2008 6:43:38 AM

POTW***POTW***POTW***POTW***POTW

The 136th Person of the WEEK !!!  

Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro,

Peter Fogel, Ana Maria Padurean and Jim Allen your POTW Awards Team.  

Are pleased to announce;

Betty A Strange is the 136th Person of the Week

Betty A Strange

Betty A Strange

It’s time again for one our favorite projects of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is one of our favorite projects because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people.

Thank you so much for your support and for making this event so special.

The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. 

To qualify the person has to be an active member
and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here at AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for nominating a member for the Feature of the Week

(also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). 

This criterion can be seen at the site below:

Criterion

How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week?

To be chosen as Person of the week you:

• Are highly visible on the community

• Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful.

• Must be nominated for the program by another member 

of the Community and voted on by other members.

• Must have a real photo of themselves on their profile.

This week we're honoring Betty A Strange.
Betty is involved in the community and is one of our sweet members that is always there with a good word for all. 

Betty is a very interesting and active member of our communoty very supportive and always  willing to learn .  

Congratulations 
Betty A Strange

on your POTW win! Wink

Betty A Strange

Here's Betty A Strange's Bio:
Hi, everyone! 

I'm excited about winning the POTW, and appreciate being selected by those who voted for me. 

Thank you!  My name is Betty Jean (Allbritton) Strange, and I live in Shreveport, LA, where I was born almost 75 years ago, back on  March 26, 1933.  God gave me the most wonderful Momma and Daddy in the world!  I lost my Dad, my best friend, in 1982, to a massive heart attack.  He lacked 9 days being 70.  Yes, I was one of those "Daddy's Little Girls".  My Dad never spanked me but once in my life - - at the age of 5, when I sassed him!  I miss him very much.  I lost my Mom in 2004, to the horrible disease of Alzheimers, at the age of 91.  She was a sweetheart - - one of those prim and proper Southern girls, who thought every hair should be in place and nothing wrinkled.  I am more like my Momma than I realized.  And the older I get, the more I look like her.

We were always a close-knit family.  We all ate our meals together at the table, went to church together, listened to the radio together (there was no TV back in the 40's), played games together, and always hugged each other when we left the house to go to school and also when we returned.  My brothers and my sons and I still do that, whether they come to my house, or I go to theirs.  I have two younger brothers, ages 71 and 64.  No one could ask for better brothers.  I feel blessed to have them.

I married my high school sweetheart, Bobby Joe Strange, and we were married for 46-1/2 years.  He was in the Navy when we married.  About 6 months after we were married, I went to Newport, RI and stayed there for about 5 months, until he was shipped out again.  We  had a great time in Newport, which is basically, a Navy town.  When he was discharged in 1953, we moved to Melbourne, FL, and lived there 4 years, until both of his parents began to experience health problems, so we moved back home.  He got a job at the largest hospital in Shreveport as Maintenance Supv., and worked there for 18 years.  We were married 8 years before our first son was born, and three years later, another son came along.  In 1982, Bobby had to retire on a medical disability, due to having 4 major heart attacks, quadruple by-pass surgery, a kidney ailment, and chirrosis of the liver.  Because of all these health problems, he passed away in July, 1998.

During my working years, I worked for several Attorneys, a couple of manufacturing companies, was an information operator for what was then known as South Central Bell.  I was the Secretary to a Chemical Engineer in Florida for a government project that made sonar for submarines.  I worked for the State of Louisiana for 10 years as Administrative Asst. to the Dean of the College of Nursing at Northwestern State University.  Then I went to work for the City of Shreveport where I stayed 18 years, as Secretary to the Director of a garden and art center.  I retired from there in October, 1995.  I loved working, but at the time I retired, my husband's health was worsening, and I knew it was time for me to be home, full time.  I was able to spend 3 years with him, every day, before he passed away. 

Now, I'm just living the "good life".  I am engaged to a wonderful man, nicknamed Chick.  He,  his wife, my hubby and I all ran around together after we met in 1974.  We would go dancing, out to eat, and to conventions together.  He lost his wife to cancer in 1994, and of course, I lost  Bobby in 1998.  He is 82  years, still golfs, still dances, still takes care of mowing 3 acres of his 6 acres on the lake, and is just the most wonderful  person I've ever known.  He treats me like a queen, and I'm enjoying it to the hilt!  My kids love him and he loves them.  He has 2 sons of his own, after losing his oldest son in July, 2007.

I've only had a computer for almost 3 years, and still don't know much about it, but I'm enjoying chatting with folks everywhere.  I would never have known all the Adland bunch without this computer, and I'm so thankful for the Adland community!  A truly great bunch of people!

My only other "family member" is my 9 year old female Siamese cat, named Sable.  She loves her "momma", and sleeps with me every night. 

Thanks for letting me tell you about parts of my  life.  I could write a book about my life, marriage,  the good and bad experiences, my  jobs, and the experiences with secretaries and bosses, and you can bet, it would be a Best Seller!  But who  has time?  I'm too busy chatting with my ALP buddies.  Thank  you all, again, for allowing me to be your friend.  I love each and every one of you!

Have a wonderful Easter Holiday!

Betty A. Strange

It is time to congratulate Betty on her POTW win. Please invite
Betty to join your list of friends if she isn't already on it.

Betty A. Strange,

Ana Maria, Jim and I are glad to be honoring 
you in this week's POTW forum.
You've been a great asset to our wonderful
community.

Enjoy your week as our 

POTW and Queen of AdlandPro!Wink

Thank you Adland Friends for supporting 
the POTW Forum

The Person of the Week Team

Peter, Jim and Ana Maria

POTW Awards Team

+0
Sarah Pritchard

2404 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: It's Time To Honor The 136th POTW, BETTY A. STRANGE
3/22/2008 6:56:30 AM

Bonjour everyone!

Congratulations Betty! Here's an Easter bonnet for the queen.

I should say Queen Betty, of course.

I loved reading your bio. So much love there within, to lap up.

I hope you enjoy your week.

Chick will have to treat even more like a queen if that is poss!

Angel cuddles,

Sarah

You are queen at a special time too. I was queen for Christmas and you are queen at Easter. Perhaps that makes us soul sisters.
Angel Cuddle Cafe Empowering You to Live with Ease in Love, Joy and Abundance Angel Cuddle Publishing Angel Cuddle Trails Click here with your ghostwriting needs
+0
Daniel Meritt

541 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/22/2008 6:58:41 AM
Congratulations Betty for willing the POTW.

You deserve wining the for all you do here at Adland Pro.

I hope you enjoy your week !

Have a wonderful Easter Holiday!

Daniel

+0
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/22/2008 7:38:23 AM

Congratulations Betty! Greetings from Russia! Lydia

+0
Nick Mys

357 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/22/2008 8:09:25 AM

Congratulation, Betty! Thanks for your story!

Нежный букет

Waiting your BestSeller!

Greetings from Russia, Nick

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!