Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
SUNDAY SHOWCASE_ Featuring_STEVEN SUCHAR 10/7
10/6/2007 7:10:57 PM

What an honor and prevelage to ask this man a thing or four, our very oun Steven Suchar, as you know my efforts in these showcases is to be unique so i add an extra tweak to them ala prayerwarrior lol.  Born in Chicago but lives in Wisconsin.

It may come from an ancient Ojibwe word, Miskwasiniing, meaning "Red-stone place," which was probably the name given to the Wisconsin River, and was recorded as Ouisconsin by the French. The spelling was revised to its current form in 1845 by Wisconsin's territorial lesgislature.

The modern Ojibwe name, however, is Wiishkoonsing or Wazhashkoonsing, meaning "muskrat-lodge place" or "little muskrat place." Other theories are that the name comes from words meaning "Gathering of the Waters" or "Great Rock." Originally, Ouisconsin was applied to the Wisconsin River, and later to the area as a whole when Wisconsin became a territory.
Painting of Jean Nicolet's 1634 discovery of Wisconsin

Wisconsin, bordered by the states of Iowa, Minnesota, Michigan and Illinois, as well as Lakes Michigan and Superior, has been part of United States territory since the end of the American Revolution; the Wisconsin Territory (which included parts of other current states) was formed on July 3, 1836. Wisconsin ratified its constitution on March 13, 1848, and was admitted to the Union on May 29, 1848, as the 30th state. The state's southern boundary line was originally supposed to reach the southern-most tip of Lake Michigan, but for some reason politics intervened during the debates of the Northwest Ordinance to make it as it appears in the present day[. Wisconsin would have possessed the city of Chicago had the state line been pushed further south as originally contemplated.Wisconsin scenery picture  Wisconsin's economy was originally based on farming (especially dairy), mining, and lumbering. In the 20th century, tourism became important, and many people living on former farms commuted to jobs elsewhere. Large-scale industrialization began in the late 19th century in the southeast of the state, with the city of Milwaukee as its major center. In recent decades, service industries, especially medicine and education, have become dominant. Wisconsin's landscape, largely shaped by the Wisconsin glaciation of the last Ice Age, makes the state popular for both tourism and many forms of outdoor recreationDuring the period of the Civil War, Wisconsin was a Republican and pro-Union stronghold. Ethno-religious issues in the late 19th century caused a brief split in the Republican coalition. Through the first half of the 20th century, Wisconsin's politics were dominated by Robert La Follette and his sons, originally of the Republican Party, but later of their own Progressive Party. Since 1945, the state has maintained a close balance between Republicans and Democrats. Republican Senator Joe McCarthy was a controversial national figure in the early 1950s. Recent leading Republicans include former Governor Tommy Thompson and Congressman F. James Sensenbrenner, Jr.; prominent Democrats include Governor Jim Doyle, Senators Herb Kohl and Russ Feingold, and Congressman David Obey.

The state is bordered by the Montreal River; Lake Superior and Michigan to the north; by Lake Michigan to the east; by Illinois to the south; and by Iowa and Minnesota to the west. The state's boundaries include the Mississippi River and St. Croix River in the west, and the Menominee River in the northeast. With its location between the Great Lakes and the Mississippi River, Wisconsin is home to a wide variety of geographical features. The state is divided into five distinct regions. In the north, the Lake Superior Lowland occupies a belt of land along Lake Superior. Just to the south, the Northern Highland has massive mixed hardwood and coniferous forests including the 1.5 million acre (6,000 km²) Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest, as well as thousands of glacial lakes, and the state's highest point, Timms Hill. In the middle of the state, the Central Plain possesses some unique sandstone formations like the Dells of the Wisconsin River in addition to rich farmland. The Eastern Ridges and Lowlands region in the southeast is home to many of Wisconsin's largest cities. In the southwest, the Western Upland is a rugged landscape with a mix of forest and farmland, including many bluffs on the Mississippi River. This region is part of the Driftless Area, which also includes portions of Iowa, Illinois, and Minnesota. This area was not covered by glaciers during the most recent ice age, the Wisconsin Glaciation.

The Driftless Area of southwestern Wisconsin is characterized by bluffs carved in sedimentary rock by water from melting Ice Age glaciers.
The Driftless Area of southwestern Wisconsin is characterized by bluffs carved in sedimentary rock by water from melting Ice Age glaciers.

Overall, 46% of Wisconsin's land area is covered by forest.

The varied landscape of Wisconsin makes the state a vacation destination popular for outdoor recreation. Winter events include skiing, ice fishing and snowmobile derbies. Wisconsin has many lakes of varied size; in fact Wisconsin contains 11,188 square miles (28,977 km²) of water, more than all but three other states (Alaska, Michigan & Florida). The distinctive Door Peninsula, which extends off the eastern coast of the state, contains one of the state's most beautiful tourist destinations, Door County. The area draws thousands of visitors yearly to its quaint villages, seasonal cherry picking, and ever-popular fish boils.

Wisconsin's climate is suitable for growing crops with a wet season falling in spring and summer, bringing with it almost two-thirds of yearly precipitation. It brings extremely cold snowy winters, for which Wisconsin is well-known. The highest temperature ever recorded in Wisconsin was in the Wisconsin Dells, on July 13, 1936, and was 114 °F (46 °C). The lowest temperature ever recorded in Wisconsin was in Couderay, on both February 2 and 4, 1996, and was –55 °F (-48 °C).The state has always been ethnically heterogeneous. Large numbers of Germans arrived between 1850 and 1900, centering in Milwaukee, but also settling in many small cities and farm areas in the southeast. Norwegians settled in lumbering and farming areas in the northwest. Small colonies of Belgians, Swiss, Finns and other groups came to the state. Irish Catholics mostly came to the cities. After 1900, Polish immigrants came to Milwaukee, followed by African Americans from 1940 on.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, as of 2000, Wisconsin has a population of 5,363,675.

As of 2004, there are 229,800 foreign-born residents in the state (4.2% of the state population), and an estimated 41,000 undocumented workers living in the state, accounting for 18% of the foreign-born population. This Weeks Showcase STEVEN SUCHAR ... WE LOVE YOU.  Thank You Thomas for featuring me in your Sunday Showcase!!  You make this forum such an education every week...I have learned so much here. lol.

I wanted my feature here today to be more of a social get-together with all of you.  A laid-back Sunday party to really enjoy.

Steven wanted me to makes sure that i mention our partnership adventure THE WIN NETWORK
  every event you view you get a chance to win cash and prizes. You can view all event times in your backoffice under the link Event Center. Also remember all times posted are USA Pacific Time, you can switch the time to your location by clicking on the link at the top right that says All meeting times in: Pacific DT.The WIN Network opportunity and show you how to make a huge income. Free to join with no obligations. The Win Network.
Okay Thomas...

I am ready to be a part of all of the love, kindness, caring and sharing that will flow through this forum this week.  LET THE PARTY BEGIN!!!!

Here is my biography.

I was born on January 30th 1959 in Chicago Illinois.  I am the youngest from a family of six.  Mom, Dad, Grandma, two older sisters and myself.  My Dad was a tradesman in the heating/air conditioning field...he was the breadwinner.  My Mom was a stay-at-home housewife and Grandma split the cooking and housekeeping chores with Mom.  Grandma baked the most delicious date cake and carrot cake, they were two of my favorites.
It was such a different time back then.  In my eyes it was simpler and slower paced...it seemed to me that people had a lot more patience and they didn't need things RIGHT NOW!!
Our whole family ate dinner together 7 days a week...yes 7!  Sunday dinner was special.  We ate at noon while we watched either Sherlock Holmes or Charlie Chan mysteries on Chicago's own channel 9 (WGN-TV).
I'm happy to have grown up in the years when entertainment was REAL entertainment.  All of the very talented Actors, Actresses, Singers, Musicians and Comedians from that time were once-in-a-lifetime never to be again.  That's the way I remember it.  Today, it's reality show stacked on top of reality show...didn't we turn to entertainment to ESCAPE reality for a little while?
I progressed through the usual 12 year education...graduating High School back in 1977.  30 YEARS AGO!!  My sisters always told me "enjoy your high school years, because after that time just takes off".  They were so right, it really has.
I met a WONDERFUL girl back in 1976, my wife Diane, and we got married in 1980.  We  celebrated our 27th Wedding Anniversary June 6th.  We never had any children of our own, but a toy poodle named Snoopy came along with Diane when we were married.  We've stuck to the four-legged type kids (K9) throughout the years though.   Our beloved Doberman, Deuce, died unexpectedly back on April 15th.  We miss him very much.
Diane and myself have always been Northern Illinois'rs so far!!  We enjoy the simple things.  Our ambitions are to venture out west to Arizona this fall and take it all in.  Soak up some warmer weather for a change this winter .  We've been wanting to go out that way for years.
Well, I wanted to keep this short so I'll wrap it up right here.
One more thing though.  I am very happy to have found Adlandpro.  This is my first "online community" too.  It all started with placing a free ad and it has turned into getting more involved in our community forums and also building my friend's list a little at a time.  Of course, getting to know the wonderful people here just happens naturally!
Thanks again Brother Thomas for featuring me this week in your Sunday Showcase...it is something I will always remember.
To everyone at Adland...have a pleasant day!  Your OREO friend Steven.
PS...If I am not on your "friend's list" please invite me!!

OREO Hugs 2 U!!

My WINning Invitation To YOU..

Turn Your Website Into WEALTH..

The Price YOU Are Paying..

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: SUNDAY SHOWCASE_ Featuring_STEVEN SUCHAR 10/7
10/6/2007 7:27:58 PM
Thomas, fantastic choice for this week. Steven or Mr. OREO himself is a friend by everyone.  Go Thomas!!

!!!! CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Hey Steven,

It is great to read your feature adn about your home state.  I learn so much about these states and places that Thomas researches.  Wow!  I must have been asleep in Geography class.  :)  

I have very much enjoyed getting to know you here at Adland.  It has been an honor being your friend.

Enjoy your showcase, we surely will.

Joe

----------------
Hugs for arms!

***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/6/2007 7:46:21 PM

Hi Thomas,

Wow, you really go way out when you put these Showcase forums together!!

Awesome job.

You did an special forum for a very special Oreo guy!!  Steven, congratulations on being featured by Thomas in his Showcase.  I enjoyed reading your bio again.   Enjoy every moment.

Have a wonderful time, Steven!  Thomas is right, we do love you!!!

Judy  Oreo

+0
Sam
Sam Hall

638 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/6/2007 8:01:04 PM

Hi Thomas

Congratulations Steven

Enjoy  :-)

Sam

This super simple Home Business May Be: TO SIMPLE FOR YOU ! http://www.SuperSimpleBiz.com
+0
Steven Suchar

13302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/6/2007 8:25:29 PM
Hi Thomas!

Thank You...Thank You...Thank You!!!  From the bottom of my heart. :)  I am very honored (does it show?) that you have invited me to be featured in your Sunday Showcase.

Kathy Hamilton and yourself have done an outstanding job in developing and keeping this feature forum among the tops in our AdlandPro community.  Kudo's and ^^5's to you both!!

Not only do you feature respected friends of our community...you also supply a "full blown" history lesson about the towns where they live.  You are a key player in Adland and please never forget it!!

Now To My Adland Friends... :)

A quick mention about The WIN Network.  It has blown me away as far as a "total system" type of opportunity.  Please attend a "Wealth 101" seminar and you will see what I am talking about.

When I saw Kathy & Thomas were already involved and rolling...well the rest was just a formality.  If you are the slight bit interested, there is no obligation at all.  Just click on my 1st signature link and follow the prompts.  You must be the judge!!  We would love to have you on our team anytime.

Okay...I'm going to wrap this up now by saying that I appreciate and value each and every one of your friendships 7 days a week.  Thank you all for being you!!!

Have a pleasant Sunday...your OREO friend Steven.

Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies.
Aristotle

onlinefriends.gif online friends image by MsWickiVicki
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!