Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
It's Time For The 97th Edition Of the Person Of The Week Forum!!!
6/4/2007 1:00:13 PM

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~oPerson of the Week  o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~oPerson of the Week  o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro From John Sanchez and Pauline Raina!

It’s time again for my favorite project of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is my favorite project because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people. Thank you so much for your support and for making thist event so special. Love and Blessings to you all! John R. Sanchez

POTW forum Partners Pauline Raina and John Sanchez

The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. To qualify the person has to be an active member and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for nominating a member for the Feature of the Week (also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). This criterion can be seen at the site below:

Criterion

How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week?

To be chosen as Person of the week you:

• Are highly visible on the community

• Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful.

• Must be nominated for the program by another member of the   Community and voted on by other members.

• Must have a real photo of themselves on their profile.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

This week we’re honored to have a kind gentleman as our POTW his name is Leonard Berghoef. Len is a very kind and helpful individual who lives in Michigan with his family. He is never to busy to help out a friend. To those who know him, it’s just one of the ways how he has blessed this community. Len is genuinely concerned about other member’s welfare and it shows in his day-to-day activities. Thank you Len for your positive influence on our community, you truly deserve to be this week’s POTW. Congratulations & Enjoy your week!

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Here's Leonard's Bio:

First I would like to thank everyone who came out to vote for this honor.  Thank you Pauline and John, for this fine forum that honors people in our community in this way.  This community has so many wonderful people here! I feel blessed to be part of this community - Adlandpro is the best! 

I was born in Oct. 1949 in the Netherlands in a small town called Harderwijk. Shortly after World War II my family immigrated to America when I was 2 years old. We had some relatives living in the city of Grand Rapids, Michigan and that is where we decided to live also.  

After just 6 months in
America
I came down with the then much dreaded polio virus. It paralyzed mainly the Achilles tendon in my foot and calf.
Eventually I was able to get around pretty good and even took part in sports which was a good thing, because I disliked school a lot and so it made school more bearable.

One of the best things that happened to me is that I got married to my best friend, her name is Elly. We met when she was on vacation camping at a Holland State park in Michigan

Early on in our marriage we decided to move to Anchorage Alaska with our 3 small children. This was when the oil pipeline was being built in the late 70’s.  I worked at a furniture retail store, and we also owned a daycare center. Those were fun years we loved to go camping, fishing, and canoeing with our kids. We were able to watch the Iditarod race close up, and now that the kids are grown up they still talk often about the Alaska years.

After a few years though we decided it was better to raise our children in Michigan near family so we moved back to the Grand Rapids area where I have worked mostly in furniture manufacturing as a production supervisor in the finishing departments.

Almost 10 years ago I started having problems with new muscle weakness and constant fatigue. Doctors call it Post-polio Syndrome and have advised me to retire, because my problems would only get worse. So that’s what I did. Now I do volunteer work in our church along with working as Bible Instructor with Cross Roads Bible Institute which is a ministry to prison inmates. 

For many years I have been interested in the quality of drinking water, and have been a Independent Distributor for over 18 years with a company called Multi-Pure Drinking Water Systems.  Check out their website: www.multipure.com they have what I consider the best of the best in water purification Systems.  Once you buy the system it costs only 8 cents per gallon.        

I am also part of the Jerky Direct Team here at Adland called http://Leonards.jerkydirect.com   Direct Jerky has really tasty jerky and great products! Join a Jerky direct team you will be glad that you did. :)  

Thank you and God Bless,

Leonard

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Folks, it’s time to congratulate Len and show our appreciation to him for his kindness and his work here at AdlandPro. If you don’t know Len then please do take the time to invite him to be your friend, you will be glad you did.  :-)

Len, thanks again for all you do here in the community, you were long over due for this honor. Enjoy your week as our POTW and King of AdlandPro.  ;-)

Love and Blessings to all of you from,

John Sanchez and Pauline Raina

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

Go vote for the 98th Person of the Week and go see who won the VOTW awards!:

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/688093.aspx

+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: It's Time For The 97th Edition Of the Person Of The Week Forum!!!
6/4/2007 1:04:31 PM
Thanks John,
We have a well deserving winner here !!

To Len,

CONGRATULATIONS

heres your crown, enjoy your week as our King !!!!!

Blessings all the way and back to you and your family and in all you do!!
your friend always

Pauline R :-)

+0
6/4/2007 1:08:27 PM

Hello Everyone!  :-)

I had problems with the forum editor and it was doing weird things with the font in some parts of the forum. It wouldn't allow me to make changes to the font. I don't know if it was because I was pasting the material from another location or what. But any how, that's why it looks weird in some places.  :-)

JOHN

+0
John Partington

1560 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/4/2007 2:24:57 PM

Hi John & Pauline,

Thanks for introducing another worthy winner of the POTW.

Congratulations Leonard enjoy your week in the limelight.

Best Wishes

John.

A Free Add Service For The UK? Go to uk.bexp.org

A Free Add Service For The USA? Go to usa.bexp.org

Please Follow Me on Twitter Click Here

+0
Victoria Hurst

648 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/4/2007 2:33:59 PM

Congratulations

Len!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!