Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Bizarre Behavior on Adlandpro
4/19/2007 3:58:47 AM
Hi everyone, OK... be prepared. This is a RANT! What on earth is going on with the membership of Adlandpro? There are a LOT of really good forums put up and maintained by busy, active and helpful members of this community to honor other members of this community. One of them, for example, is the POTW or Person of the Week. Another is the JP or Just Perfect Award, another award to highlight members of our community. There is now a brand new one, the Best Forum Award. All of these forums choose the winner by member votes. Some of my friends might find what I'm about to say very offensive, but I've held off as long as I can stand... What I find simply disgusting is all the campaigning that goes on for these awards! Gag me! As far as I'm concerned, if you have to blow your own horn in order to get enough votes to win, you don't deserve to win. These awards are supposed to be for people who are nominated by peers and chosen by peers for what they have already done, not for hounding their friends to vote for them! I, for one, am so tired of receiving Direct Contact "Vote for Me" notices and forums regarding the same DOUBLE DRIVEL that I just instantly delete them and all references to them when they come in, AND positively REFUSE to vote for anyone who sends me that kind of junk, even if I previously thought they deserved to win! Furthermore, I tend to delete email and forum notices from those members for quite a while after. So... if anyone wants me to vote for them, they need to think twice before asking me to vote for them. It WILL help me make up my mind about who NOT to vote for. Ok... now that's off my chest... I feel a little better! God bless, Dave
+0
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Bizarre Behavior on Adlandpro
4/19/2007 4:15:12 AM
Hi, Dave,
Maybe you have identified why so few people vote?
As Mary Hofstetter said, politics in forums?
Are we all voting with our feet?
The Old Coot
+0
Neil Reinhardt

1314 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/19/2007 4:16:55 AM
YOUSE GOTS MY VOTE DAVE! :-) (I agree with you) Still methinks, most people (unlike me) are really trying to market one or more products and thus they are trying to get their links out there. And perhaps that is the reason. Later Sir! N
This Grumpy Old Son Of A Beach says: For a simple, inexpensive, and great tasting, way to earn money, click here: ----------------------- http://NeilsTeam.jerkydirect.com -------------------- And for a progam which is better than most mlm's I know of
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/19/2007 4:29:22 AM
Hi Arthur, Perhaps, indeed, that's why so few people vote. I hope things can still change. God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/19/2007 4:31:39 AM
Hi Neil, I appreciate that! That's high praise, indeed, from a man who does as much digging into the facts as you do! Yes, perhaps it is the aspect of marketing their wares that is the answer. Sadly, they can do a much more effective job by adding their signature file to all their regular posts. God bless, Dave
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!