Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
It's Time To Honor The 77th Person Of The Week (POTW)!!!
1/9/2007 6:44:24 PM

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~oPerson of the Week  o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~oPerson of the Week  o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro From John Sanchez!

It’s time again for my favorite project of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is my favorite project because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people. Thank you so much for your support and for making thist event so special. Love and Blessings to you all! John R. Sanchez

The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. To qualify the person has to be an active member and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for nominating a member for the Feature of the Week (also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). This criterion can be seen at the site below:

Criterion

How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week?

To be chosen as Person of the week you:

• Are highly visible on the community

• Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful.

• Must be nominated for the program by another member of the   Community and voted on by other members.

• Must have a real photo of themselves on their profile.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Can you hear the chant, “Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!”? It’s all of AdlandPro’s Aussies chanting for our new Person of the Week, his name is John Leal. John is one our community’s funniest and most liked individuals. It’s an honor to be featuring this Gentleman. Congratulations John on winning the POTW award! Enjoy your week on the Big Stage of AdlandPro!

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Here's John's Bio:

A huge thanks to John and everyone who has made this possible, and to everyone who very kindly cast a vote.

Hi Everyone

My life began in the Bulli Public Hospital way back in '43. The story is that I was so ugly at birth, the doctor slapped my mother! I was first born of three boys into a working class family and spent my early childhood in a little seaside town called Bulli, about 44 miles south of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. I don't think any boy could have wished for a more carefree existence than mine was. Most of my leisure hours were spent on the beach with my mates during summer, even after school from 3pm until around dusk.

My Dad decided we should move to Queensland when I was 13 yo because of my Mum's health which required a warmer climate. We bought a small farm just north of Brisbane in Queensland, and so another idyllic lifestyle ensued, not the least being the beautiful ripe mangoes and pineapples we enjoyed for every day for breakfast from the farm. My High School years followed which brought an awakening that there was more to life than just mateship with other boys, but also an exciting new awareness of the opposite sex. But enough of that, this profile is rated "G" :-)

At sixteen I left school and worked as a Clerk for the Nestle company in Brisbane. I can still smell the chocolates after all these years. After six years in an office I decided that wasn't me, so completely changed direction and ventured into truck driving which I thoroughly enjoyed, and the urge to jump up into the cabin of a truck has stayed with me ever since.

I took the big step at 30 yo and married a cute girl called Carole, not long out from England, who apparently succumbed to the "Bronze Aussie" charm and my warped humour. We have one daughter, Sue-Ann, who at 31 yo has the capacity to spend money like no one I've ever known. I've informed her that she's earned the right to be labelled a "Power Shopper." But she is cute, like her Mum.

But my love of trucking wasn't strong enough to sway me from deciding to have a go at being my own boss as a concretor, the basics of which I'd picked up on weekends while earning a few urgently needed extra dollars to help with paying for our first home. Later on I combined that with Home Renovating, and stayed with it up until a few years ago when a friend introduced me to the wonders of Cyberspace, which completely changed my life, I must say, for the better. That being, the opportunity to meet and love the wonderful people at Adland.

We moved to Caloundra (http://www.caloundratourism.com.au/index.php) on the Sunshine Coast 13 years ago and, once again, as in my childhood, I now spend a fair bit of time enjoying the sand and the waves.

To say I have been blessed is an understatement.

Thanks for listening,

John Leal

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

I hope everyone enjoyed reading John’s Bio as much as I did. Please take the time to invite him to join your list of friends if he’s not on it already and please congratulate him on winning the POTW award.

John, it’s and honor and pleasure to be featuring you my friend. You are a true Gentleman and a friend. Enjoy your POTW week!

Love and Blessing to all of you from,

John Sanchez

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

+0
Donald Rich

1529 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: It's Time To Honor The 77th Person Of The Week (POTW)!!!
1/9/2007 6:53:22 PM

CONGRATULATION JOHN ENJOY YOUR WEEK.

+0
La Nell !

3647 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/9/2007 7:01:37 PM
o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~oo~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~                                       King John Leal
  myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics   
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/9/2007 7:04:15 PM

What more can I, John!

GREAT JOB!!  Have a terrific week

Judy

+0
1/9/2007 7:05:33 PM

Hello Everyone!  :-)

I wanted to thank Marilyn Ali Martin publically for helping me with last week's POTW forum while I was away on vacation.

Thank you Marilyn!!! Love you my dear friend!!!  ;-)

Hosted By SparkleTags.com
Hosted By SparkleTags.com

John Sanchez

From the abundance in your mind come the manifestations in your life... JRS ©

If I’m not on your friends list please invite me!

John 13:34 (Whole Chapter)
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

John 13:35 (Whole Chapter)
By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!