Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Welcome To The 32nd Edition Of The Person Of The Week!
2/26/2006 4:22:19 PM
*************************************************************** *************************************************************** Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro From John Sanchez and LaNell! It’s time again for my favorite project of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is my favorite project because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people. Thank you so much for your support and for making this event so special. Love and Blessings to you all! John R. Sanchez The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. To qualify the person has to be an active member and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for selecting a member for the Feature of the Week (also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). This criterion can be seen at the site below: Criterion How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week? To be chosen as Person of the week you: • Are highly visible on the community • Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful. • Must be nominated for the program by another member of the Community and voted on by other members. ****************************************************************** This week we are featuring one of AdlandPro’s Good-Guys, which is an understatement when it’s used in reference to Larry Anderson our POTW for this week. Larry is not only a nice guy he’s also one our communities most humorist individuals. If you’ve ever been to one of his forums or if you’ve ever read his posts then you know what we’re talking about. Thank you Larry for what you bring to this community and congratulations on being selected as this week’s POTW. ****************************************************************** Here’s Larry’s Bio: I was born at 7:46am in Estherville, Iowa, to Richard and Ruby Anderson. My father was german-born but adopted into a Norwegian family, and my mother was French, Cree, and Cajun. I am the youngest of 3 boys, and have a younger sister. My father was a farmer, and we moved a lot. My parents were loving but firm with us. Then, my parents divorced when I was 13, and for a long time I blamed my father for the divorce. Many years later, a friend asked me if I realized there were two sides to every story, and I finally was able to forgive my father. My brothers were grown at this time, and my sister and I moved with my mother to an apartment house in Spencer, Iowa. I was popular and kind of a goof in high school, then I dropped out to join the U.S. Navy in 1962 when I was 17. I did receive my GED in 1968. I was in boot camp when the Cuban crisis occurred, and we almost had our training cut short to go join the ships down there. Fortunately, the crisis ended before our unit was called to duty. After finishing boot camp, I flew to the Phillipines to join my ship, the world's 3rd largest aircraft carrier, the USS Ranger. I spent the next year and 9 months aboard the Ranger, and received an honorable medical discharge in 1964. I spent the next few years moving from job to job to job, unsure of what I wanted to do in life. I met my first wife in 1974, and it was NOT a match made in heaven. What I hoped would last forever fell apart after a few short months, and the divorce hit me very hard. I started drinking at this time, quite heavily. One night I was so intoxicated, I wrecked my car. I wasn't hurt, but the accident sobered me up. I cleaned up my act, and shortly after I met my second wife, Linda. When I married Linda, we moved to South Dakota. She already had 3 children when we married, and we had 2 daughters together. Later on, we also adopted our grandson. We became good friends with our neighbors, and the husband was a truck driver. He taught me how to drive, and that is what I did until I was forced to retire. In 1996, Linda passed away from complications of combined surgery and cancer. I was in North Carolina when she died, and the trucking company I worked for flew me back home for the funeral. I had just been home, and she seemed to be getting better. Then, just like that, she was gone. We still had 2 minor children, so I took a local job driving a truck for a furniture company. After the kids were on their own, I moved to St. Joseph, Missouri, and went to work for WOW Trucking. I moved back to Iowa a couple of years later and went to work for Zeitner & Sons Trucking, drove for them for 5 months, then had my first heart attack in 1999. I had quadruple bypass surgery in 2000, and went back to work. Then, in 2003, I had my second heart attack. The doctors gave me a pacemaker and orders to retire. The Department of Transportation agreed, and I went on disability. I spent 3 months with my daughter, then moved to an apartment complex in Sioux City, Iowa. Last July, I moved to my current apartment in Sioux City. I have had a computer for quite awhile. In October, 2005, I joined the Free Store Club. I liked the idea of owning my own online store, and the price was great--FREE! I joined AdlandPro at this time, to help promote my Free Store. At this time, I have 3 forums going: Weird Facts, New Website, and Pet Peeves, Gripes and Solutions. I am also a Top 25 Poster at Adland Pro. I love the community here at Adland Pro, and am a proud member of WOSAT. I am honored to be this week's POTW. Many thanks to all who voted for me, although all of the people on that list are equally deserving. Larry Anderson ****************************************************************** Now Folks, let’s show Larry how much we appreciate him. If you don’t know Larry invite him to be your friend, you’ll be glad you did. Larry, enjoy your week Buddy! Love and blessing to all of you from, John Sanchez and LaNell *************************************************************** *************************************************************** My Blogs Goodwill Ambassador BioPerformance
+0
Lisa Westberry

1972 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Welcome To The 32nd Edition Of The Person Of The Week!
2/26/2006 4:34:38 PM
Congrats Larry for being our POTW. You are a very important member to this commuity and to many of your friends. You are very deserving of this honor for your dedication and helpful nature to others. Enjoy your week!!! Great Job John and LaNell Warmest Regards,
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/26/2006 4:40:51 PM
Larry, Congratulations, my friend. Your Weird Facts forum is the most fun I have in my workday. You're one of my favorites, so I am so pleased to see you honored here. Have fun in the spotlight, buddy. Cheri
+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2006 4:46:10 PM
Congratulations Larry. Have a great week.
+0
John Rivera

1329 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/26/2006 4:57:32 PM
Good going Larry...Eat it up buddy!! Have a great week and enjoy the moment. ======================================= Place a FREE AD on me: http://FreeAdTraffic.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!