Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
SEVERAL WAYS TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DISABLED AT FACE BOOK
6/20/2009 12:54:30 AM

Hello:

Several months ago, I signed up for FaceBook. The idea was to use the site to promote TGAMM FM. We got rolling by inviting our friends, some of which are right here at ALP... and you know who you are.

Today, we got the message that our FB account had been disabled. When I asked why, I was told to  read over the TOS again as some of the rules had changed.

Yikes !!!  

I don't think FB is going to last to long ! As it is now, they are changing the rules as they go along and really clamping down BIG time on members who use the site; many believe it's because they are going to start charging for many of their services, i.e games, applications, etc.

Here's what we sent them as our observations and why we were told our site is being disabled for the time being:

Dear Face Book Management:

I checked your  ( TOS ) Terms Of Service and it seems that the business link we posted was not the only infraction to your numerous rules.

a: one is not allowed to post videos unless they are that persons property. So, our radio station posting the top requested tunes for the day, along with the You Tube video of the same talent is not allowed.

b: No promoting business. We placed numerous links for our advertisers products and services and now know that this too is Not allowed.

c: We contacted others that we thought might want to know about our radio station, those who are between the ages of 18 - 60... and invited them to be friends; a wide range of people from all over the globe. As it turns out, you there at FaceBook consider that ' stalking ' and that sending out unsolicited messages intended to encourage friendship is ... once again, not allowed.

You also stated that members can not engage in promoting gratuitous sex and or violence. This we do not do nor will ever engage in. However, my observation here is about the games you offer, i.e., the Vampire game and Mafia Wars where those who play go out and kill each other. I'm sure my observation here will fall on deaf ears.  ( End of letter )

Anyway, we listed our concerns and also told the interns here at the station that should we get  back on FB, we will not be promoting as we had been and before this occurred. 

You should also know that in the months to follow, you will have to pay for certain services or not be able to use FB at all.  It is just how business works... get them addicted to the process and then, hit them with a few dozen fees.

Also, I mentioned that many here at ALP were part of our friends list at FB. It seems someone from ALP ( I know who you are ) contacted FB and complained about our posting ads etc., on their FB page,  and that it was " disturbing to have us blantently break the rules."

Gosh, I am really taken aback by that comment, considering how many of the ALP members that dropped by to insert their ads, etc. at our page on FB never got a ' hey how dare you ' from this side of the fence.  To that one person here... you're actions are  vindictive, and uncalled for...  but I forgive you !

Anyway, life goes on, and so does our good karma. FB was fun while it lasted :)

Now we will see if  TWITTER, or FLIXSTER or PLAXO,  takes what we do as offensive in some way.

Play on... play on...

Joe Buccheri

Earn 50% or Save 50% Become a Baby Signs Consultant Today!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!