Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jayson VanBeekom

796 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Biggest Fears
3/12/2009 9:52:05 AM
As humans who share a planet, we all have fears about something. Will machines become self-aware and destroy the ones who created them? Will creatures from another world attack and harvest our blood for their vulgar tea parties? I have thought about these scenarios, believe me. But whats the one thing that scares me the most? The dentist. Or should I say having to go to the dentist to sit in a chair, yet flat on my back, staring at a bright light, anxious and waiting for "them" to stick a metal claw in my mouth. Nothing has filled me with more dread than the fact of knowing I'd have to go back there. And don't get me started on the feeling of their hooks scraping against my teeth. ARGH! Nothing will EVER make that pleasant.
+0
Luka Babic

1031 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Biggest Fears
3/12/2009 12:52:07 PM

Hi Jayson,

When I was 6 , my mother`s good friend had to make the commercial spot for one detergent. He found my face as enough interesting when is dirty, and he requested from Mom to take me to some good photographer to make my portrait, to send it to the casting. This man (photographer) was very nasty ... and to shorten all the story ... I was never caught up by the fear of dentist, but from then, when must go to the photographer ...  I spend several days in meditation and prayer ... to be able to go to take a needed photo. So, if you haven`t heard for the photographerphobist yet ... here I am. This fear is still here just because I couldn`t forgive that man. Still I cann`t, or better to say : I DON`T WISH. But I pay - more than him.

My mother is a very good teacher in getting rid from phobias, so ... I think with all other things I am well grounded and have no fear.

I do not believe in evil aliens . Aliens are, in my opinion, creatures of our imagination, and come as the response to our wish to get valuable knowledge about the Universe.

Your topics are so interesting, and I don`t know where were you before :) ?

Hugs,

Luka

+0
Jayson VanBeekom

796 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/12/2009 2:24:47 PM
I was absent from the forums for a while due to trying to find a job and/or just plain laziness. I created a forum titled "Daily Stuff" and wasn't even on it for a whole year. I'm the definition of a hypocrit...lol.
+0
Luka Babic

1031 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/12/2009 2:28:57 PM

Here is one proposal : you`ll teach me your slang, and I`ll teach you how to become hypocrite :) .

+0
Jayson VanBeekom

796 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/12/2009 2:35:44 PM
Unfortunately a lot of American slang is horribly rude and I probably couldn't even display it on this forum. Common slang would be "Whats up?", which translates to "Hello" or "How are you?". You can shorten that into "S'up?", which makes you sound like a hippster. In case you didn't know, hippsters are people who are up-to-date with all the latest trends and wear strange clothes. They're a plague.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!