Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Biggest Fears
3/12/2009 4:07:01 PM
Dear Friend Roger

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/12/2009 4:19:53 PM

Hi Roger,

I'm glad to say I DON'T share his fear of dentists, I've had dental work since I was a kid...I'm ashamed to say I'm a lifelong candy addict.  It's partly the nuns' fault, at Catholic school they'd sell candy during recess and the nuns would be very annoyed at any children who's parent did NOT give them money for candy EVERY DAY.  I think that's how they earned their extra money.

Okay, okay...I didn't really need to be encouraged to eat candy!  My uncle also worked at a candy manufacturer and he would bring us bags of it on the weekends, all kinds, licorice, toffee covered nuts, gummies, everything!

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/12/2009 5:37:25 PM

Kathleen,

i know how big a problem this can be for some.

I can't reveal who (without asking), but, two people close to me were and are affected.

One of them had all their teeth removed at the age of 23 in hospital under full anaesthetic due to dental phobia and the other has had to have enormous amount of work because years of fear meant neglected problems.

If only I knew then whatI know now.

NLP works as does hypnosis. There is hope for this young man.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/12/2009 5:56:49 PM

Jayson,

Regarding your fears of alien attack etc.

If that's the way it is, then worrying will not change it, however, the bigger challenge comes from the humans upon this earth.

If you put too many rats in a room they will fight. The more we extend life and cure illness the bigger the populace will become. What does that say.

My advise is this.

Look for a way in which you can contribute TO SOCIETY and to serve people. During wartime for example nurses are too busy to worry about themselves.

Don't do it for others though, DO IT FOR YOU the rest will follow.

Roger

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/12/2009 5:59:22 PM

"Little Boy" needs to get a good job with dental/medical insurance or re-enlist in the military!  That would help! 

Thank you, Roger!  I know some people have major dental phobia but I told him to just relax, he KNOWS the novacaine needle is part of it...he says the dentist HIDES the 4-foot long needle behind his back and then suddenly wields it like a light saber.  HAHAHA!!  I really doubt that!!

I'm not trying to belittle the situation, I know some people have serious issues, but you think they'd get used to it after a few times. 

I have issues with regular needles, when the doctor tries to draw blood from my arm or check my cholesterol, they've never gotten it, not when I was 30 OR 40...I have small veins and have to put up with  multiple pokes to both arms, then they give up!  Then the doctor gave me directions on paper to drive downtown to the hospital and ask for the best phlebotomist (needle-poker!) Well, I took the paper, folded it and put it in my pocket, and drove home.  They'll try again when I'm 50 or maybe 45, good luck with THAT!!

I went through that when I was 12 and had to have knee surgery, they couldn't find a vein to put the IV in my arm so they put it in back of my hand, and kept the end of the needle taped to my hand each time they changed IV tubes so they wouldnt lose the vein.

Guess who's gonna DIE from the doctors not being able to find a vein in an emergency?

+0