Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
IT'S TIME TO HONOR THE 149th PERSON OF THE WEEK - NICK GRIMSHAWE
6/28/2008 6:51:54 AM

POTW***POTW***POTW***POTW***POTW

The 149th Person of the WEEK !!!  

Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro,

Peter Fogel, Ana Maria Padurean and Jim Allen your POTW Awards Team.  

Are pleased to announce;

Nick Grimshawe is the 149th Person of the Week

Nick Grimshawe

Nick Grimshawe

It’s time again for one our favorite projects of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is one of our favorite projects because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people.

Thank you so much for your support and for making this event so special.

The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. 

To qualify the person has to be an active member
and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here at AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for nominating a member for the Feature of the Week

(also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). 

This criterion can be seen at the site below:

Criterion

How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week?

To be chosen as Person of the week you:

• Are highly visible on the community

In the past 350 post were the minimum requirement, we

aren't locked in on that number but a minimum of 300 posts

is mandatory. Posts that are mainly advertising posts will not

be considered.

Please note highly visible with a positive influence in and on

the community means just that. You have to have an active

forum and/or be active in community forums that are not ad

threads.

• Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful.

• Must be nominated for the program by another member 

of the Community and voted on by other members.

• Must have a real photo of themselves on their profile.

This week we're honoring Nick Grimshawe.
Nick is involved in the community and is seen everywhere supporting and posting in many forums. 

Nick is a very interesting and active member of our community . Nick is a wanderer in heart and spirit and is always willing to lend a helping hand.

Congratulations Nick Grimshawe

on your POTW win! Wink

Nick Grimshawe 

Here's Nick Grimshawe's Bio:

When I tried to tell a story to fast my Mother always said, begin and the beginning.

Since I was such a good little boy, I will do just that.

I’ve been hanging around this planet now for 59 years!

I was born in London, England, in 1949 while they still had ration cards after the war. Typical of my style, I was born out of wedlock. I have this thing about taking the traditional path what ever that might be.

I immigrated to Canada with my family in 1957 and settled down to a crazy roaming life through much of southern Ontario. My Dad had a bit of a short fuse at times and didn’t hesitate to tell the boss where to go if things got a little ugly, which they often did.

I loved it.

The adventure to a new place and a new home made me giddy. We changed homes about five or six times in the first few years we lived in Canada. Since my Dad was a Dairy Hand, we lived on farms.

I remember one farm house we arrived at which had a great big hole in the wall the size of a garage door. Mum cried that day and bemoaned her fate. My sisters and I didn’t think much about it, we were having way too much fun exploring and the hole in the wall was just part of the fun. Kinda shows that kids are a lot tougher than we give them credit for.

We finally settled down in a farm house on the 5th side road off the 4th line of Alliston Ontario. This became “home” for all of us. My three sisters, by this time, and me, came to maturity in this place we were gifted with. The rent I remember was fifty dollars a month, and there where months that Mum and Dad had trouble coming up with that much money. 

The house had four bedrooms. Being the only male child, I got my own room, my sisters shared cause by then Grandma and Granddad where living with us too. They helped pay the rent quite often.

You get the picture that money was an issue at times.

But we never ever felt poor, at lease us kids didn’t. We had a huge yard to play in, a vegetable garden the size of most city lots these days, a couple of barns to build hay forts in, and fields to rove in and woods to explore. It really was heaven.

I finished high school and headed for chef school where I learned I really didn’t want that as a career. After a couple of years I drifted away and wandered. It was the sixties. I spent some time in New York City and a long time in LA, and traveled back and forth around the United States of America. I believe   wandering from farm to farm and then across America, taught to love where I am. I love New York, and for many reason, too many to go into here, LA became my spiritual home where I first saw “the Great Way.”

During that time I took a moment to father a son who, after a rocky journey, is now a very special person in my life.

From there I wandered off to the West Coast, found the love of my life and began to well, wander.

The I-5 corridor from the Canadian border at Blaine Washington to the Hollywood Hills became my play ground. The Oregon coast is my favourite place in the world.

I finally settled down in Mission, British Columbia, without a doubt, gods country. (Frankly, I haven’t seen a place I didn’t like.)

Here my wandering took a different track as I began to really search for my purpose. At the ripe age of 57 I found it and thus came the creation of  http://www.beautifulsummermoning.com and my subscriber based Inspirational Quote of the Day.

I feel the door opening to my awakening. Each day seems filled with more excitement than the day before. Realization is followed by realization. I can’t remember a time when I have been as excited as this.

I am out on the Great Wide Way, seeking to marry my inner being with the soul of the universe. I am happy to tramp along the dusty path crowded with the music of other travelers and with the cries of strange animals. In the distance I hear the clash of cymbals and the call of the flute. And in the evening around a shared fire there is much laughter and telling of stories and sighing at the stars.

Nick Grimshawe

It is time to congratulate Nick on his POTW win. Please invite
Nick to join your list of friends if he isn't already on it.

Nick Grimshawe,

Ana Maria, Jim and I are glad to be honoring 
you in this week's POTW forum.
You've been a great asset to our wonderful
community.

Enjoy your week as our 

POTW and King of AdlandPro!Wink

Thank you Adland Friends for supporting 
the POTW Forum

The Person of the Week Team

Peter, Jim and Ana Maria

POTW Awards Team

+0
Chris Agostarola

979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: IT'S TIME TO HONOR THE 149th PERSON OF THE WEEK - NICK GRIMSHAWE
6/28/2008 6:56:53 AM

So nice to see you win Nick!! Have fun in the spotlight!!

Chris

Chris Agostarola LunaWolf's Mystical Essence http://lunawolfsmysticalessence.com/store/affiliate.asp?aff=71 FREE TO JOIN!!! Watkins www.watkinsonline.com rep#380993 to join : http://www.tsginfo.com/index.php?rc=CA4792
+0
John Partington

1560 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/28/2008 7:24:08 AM

Hi POTW Team,

Thanks for another worthy winner.

Congratulations Nick Enjoy Your Week in the Spotlight.

Best Wishes

John.

PS. Don't forget to go and vote for the July JP Award as there are only 2 days left to vote!

A Free Add Service For The UK? Go to uk.bexp.org

A Free Add Service For The USA? Go to usa.bexp.org

Please Follow Me on Twitter Click Here

+0
6/28/2008 7:24:15 AM
Congratulations Nick!

What an interesting bio. Enjoy your week!

"One could trace every sickness, every disease and every ailment to a mineral deficiency" Dr Linus Pauling, two time Nobel Laureate Get ALL the facts - your health depends on it
+0
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/28/2008 7:46:39 AM
Congrats to you Nick, What a great story, Have a very blessed week Kathy Hamilton
I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!