Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
SUNDAYS SHOWCASE Featuring_ JOANNE GREEN 06/08/08
6/7/2008 7:14:14 PM
Greetings Adland Members, enjoying your day! It gives me geat pleasure to introduce you to a marketer, a friend and has just recently became the most distinguished woman award, very intergetic and helpful, JoAnne Green, she hale from Clovis California :) 

The city of Clovis began as a freight stop along the San Joaquin Valley Railroad. Organized on January 15, 1890 by Fresno businessmen Thomas E. Hughes, Fulton Berry, Gilbert R. Osmun, H.D. Colson, John D. Gray, and William M. Williams, in partnership with Michigan railroad speculator Marcus Pollasky, the SJVRR began construction in Fresno on July 4, 1891 and reached the farmlands of Clovis Cole and George Owens by October of that year. The railroad purchased right-of-way from both farmers, half from each - the east side from Cole and the west side from Owens - and ran tracks up the borderline between the two properties. The railroad agreed to establish a station on the west side of the tracks and to call it "Clovis". The Clovis station, after which the town was named, was on the Owens side of the track.

Cole and Owens later sold land to the person of Marcus Pollasky for development of a townsite. Fresno civil engineer Ingvar Tielman mapped the townsite on behalf of Marcus Pollasky and recorded the townsite map on December 29, 1891. The original townsite featured streets named for the officers and principal investors of the railroad – (Benjamin)Woodworth, (Marcus)Pollasky, Fulton (Berry), (Thomas) Hughes, (Gerald)Osmun, and (O. D.) Baron. The townsite, named Clovis by its owner Marcus Pollasky, was laid out on what was originally Owens' land.

The railroad was completed as far as the town of Hamptonville (now Friant) on the banks of the San Joaquin River, just 26 miles from its point of origin in Fresno. Following a celebration of the completion of tracklaying in November, 1891, the railroad began official operation in January of 1892.

The first year of operation of the railroad coincided with the beginnings of a deep national economic decline. Farmers were unable to get profitable return on their crops, banks and railroads failed nationwide. The SJVRR was unable to generate sufficient revenues to pay its debt, was leased to the Southern Pacific Railroad and subsequently bought by SPRR in 1893. The completion in 1894 of the lumber flume from the Shaver Lake mills to a yard in Clovis adjacent to the SJVRR track provided the impetus for further development of the area around the Clovis Station and the town began to take shape as lumber yard employees build homes close to their employment. Service businesses, churches, and schools became necessary, and the town was begun.

At the same time as the railroad was being constructed, a group of Michigan lumbermen began acquiring thousands of acres of timber in the Sierra Nevada Mountains east of Clovis. They built a dam on Stevenson Creek and created a lake that would enable them to move freshly cut lumber to a mill located next to the lake. They then constructed a 42-mile, 25-foot high, V-shaped flume that started at the foot of the dam. As lumber was rough cut at the mill, it was loaded into the flume and propelled by water to a planing mill in the new town of Clovis.

Fresno newspapers in 1896 described Clovis as a growing town of nearly 500 homes and businesses. Clovis was incorporated as a city in 1912. Principal streets in the town center are still named for the railroad's officers, except for Fulton Street, which was later named Front Street, then Main Street, and is now Clovis Avenue.

The last surviving structure built by the railroad is a depot now located near the site of the original Clovis Station. It has been long believed that this depot originally stood on the Tarpey Ranch near the intersection of Ashlan and Clovis Avenues. Evidence has surfaced that the depot may have been originally on the Las Palmas vineyards. In 1999 it was moved to its present location in the town's center, at the northeast corner of Clovis Avenue and Fourth Street, and was restored by the Clovis Historical Society in partnership with local businesses and contractors. Thank you JoAnne for your friendship! WE LOVE YOU JOANNEJust a Glim into My Personal Life:

I am a strong believer of GOLDEN RULES, BASIC HUMAN LIBERTIES and FREEDOM, and BALANCED WHOLESOME LIFESTYLE.
I am an enthusiastic lifetime learner, a positive, caring, knowledgeable, honest, and fun-loving person.
I enjoy world affairs, politics, cultural events, traditional ethnic music, and dancing. I am an avid reader, accomplished chef, adventurous food tourist, recipe developer, and a classic movies buff and collector.

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Are you married?
A: Yes, very much so. After many years of marriage, my husband and I still have a story-book romance. We are still blissfully in love. My husband is my best friend and soulmate. 

Q: Do you have children?
A: Yes, 2 boys and a girl. The youngest one is in college.

Q: What do you do in your spare time?
A: What spare time? Seriously, although my husband and I put in long hours in our businesses, there are many activities that we enjoy together. Among them are traveling, hiking, gardening, music, reading (we often read to each other as we travel), dancing, discussing politics and world events, and watching classic films of 30s, 40s, and 50s.

Q: What are your favorite books?
A:
I particularly enjoy reading biography.
Some of my favorites are When Character Was King: A Story of Ronald Reagan by Peggy Noonan, Jack:
Straight From the Gut by Jack Welch with John a. Byrne, Tony Hillerman Memoir: Seldom Disappointed, American Caesar: Douglas MacArthur 1880-1964 by William Manchester, Nothing Like It In The World by Stephen E. Ambrose,
The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, Business As A Calling: Work And The Examined Life by Michael Novak.  

Q: What are your favorite movies?

A: I particularly enjoy watching classic films of 30s, 40s, and 50s.
Some of my favorites are Captains Courageous
(1954),
Executive Suite (1954), Since You Went Away (1944), Watch on the Rhine (1943), The White Cliffs of Dover (1944),  All this and Heaven Too (1940), One Foot In Heaven (1941), The Red Pony (1949), The Buccaneer (1938) . . . . I have too many favorites movies to list them all here.

If you need any additional info, please feel free to let me know.

Just a reminder, you can find some information about my hometown of Clovis on my forum. Here is the link: http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/990296.aspx

Again, many thanks for your support

Have an Awesome Weekend!

Your friend,

JoAnne Green 
Principal/International Risk Management Advisor

Integrity + Experience + Dependability

http://community.adlandpro.com/go/241880/default.aspx  Experience ? Dependability

"Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow-ripening fruit."
--Aristotle (4th century B.C.)

Why I joined AdlandPro?

First, I enjoy the opportunity to network and meet people across industries and countries.
Second, I like to have friends in as many cities around the world as possible.
Third, there are many fine and interesting people in this community.
Fourth, I would like to introduce my companies' unique worldwide travel assistance services and international insurance programs to the AdlandPro members, their family, their staff, and their associates who travel abroad and/or do business internationally.

I was honored to receive The Most Distiguished Woman Award on April 21, 2008, in the Adland community.
Here's the link to the party in my honor: http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/1014380.aspx

What Can You Expect from Adding Me to Your Circle of Friends or Network?

As always you can expect to receive the utmost professional and friendly correspondence from me. I will respect and value our relationship both in business and in friendship. I will also be an honest, candid, helpful, warm and friendly networker and/or friend to you.

In turn, I expect to be treated in kind

How Can I Help You?

Honestly I do not know without having further information. If you kindly tell me about your projects or programs and what specifically you are looking for, I will do my best to point you to the appropriate resource or people with whom you may be able to make direct contact. I also will keep your information on file for future referrals as a good friend and helpful networker would do for a friend and another networker. I will try my best to help you to find what you are looking for.

What I cannot do for you?

I am fully dedicating my effort and time to the international risk management and insurance industry in which I have over 20 years of experience. My plate is much too full at present for me to be able to participate in any additional business opportunity that is not related or complementary to my expertise.

How Can You Help Me?

Invite me to be your friend.

If you know anyone who travels, lives, works, retires, or does volunteer work outside of their home country, please refer my unique worldwide travel assistance services and websites Sunburst International Risk Management (www.InternationalRiskManagement.com) and Sunburst Worldwide Insurance Services(www.WorldwideMedicalPlans.com) to them.

If you and your family ever travel internationally, please contact me. I may be able to help you to ensure a memorable and safe trip for you and your family.

I look forward to establishing a long lasting networking partnership and friendship with you.

My Professional Profile:

I am an American businesswoman who has been a risk management consultant, safety and security trainer, and business owner for many years prior to the internet age. I’m in the international risk management and insurance industry.

I am a professional Multinational Business Relation and Transglobal Risk Management Consultant, Speaker and Safety and Security Trainer.

I am the founder and principal of Sunburst International Risk Management (www.InternationalRiskManagement.com) and Sunburst Worldwide Insurance Services(www.WorldwideMedicalPlans.com)

My companies offer the most comprehensive worldwide travel assistance programs available to international travelers while traveling overseas when they are faced with travel, medical, legal, personal security and other emergencies away from home.

Our years of experience in the international market combined with our network's multilingual capabilities, excellent services, and superior programs allow us to provide global assistance and peace of mind to you, your family, and your employees 24 hours a day, 7 days a weeks around the world.

It is my business calling to help people learn how to minimize their risks while they travel, live, work, or study abroad. I enjoy helping my clients to have enjoyable, safe and productive trips.

I have clients in the U.S. and around the world. My clients are international leisure travelers, business travelers, researchers, exchange students, and missionaries as well as corporations and non-profit associations.

My Business Philosophy:
Our Clients are the most important people in our business. We provide deliberate and sound advice, superior products, and outstanding services to our clients. We treat our clients with the utmost fairness, respect, and dignity.

Summary of My Expertise:

• Counseled corporations and non-profit associations on developing multinational business relation around the world.
• Counseled and provided international risk management services to individuals who travel or work abroad as well as to corporations and other organizations that do business overseas or have multinational employees around the globe.
• Experienced in the design and delivery of cross-cultural training
• Taught customized safety and security and key global business courses
• Analyzed risks and recommended appropriate solutions that mitigate client's risks.
• Worked closely with the world-renowned underwriters to provide multinational corporate clients with appropriate, customized-risk solutions

I invite you to visit my websites: Sunburst International Risk Management (www.InternationalRiskManagement.com) and Sunburst Worldwide Insurance Services(www.WorldwideMedicalPlans.com)

I wish you every success with your own endeavors.

I enjoy the opportunity to network and meet people across industries and countries and I hope you choose to get in touch to tell me about your world. I look forward to hearing from you and getting to know you. Maybe I can point you in the direction of some trusted friends and contacts that can help you find what you're looking for.

I consider you my friend. If I am not on your friend list, please invite me to be your friend today.

For more information about me and my companies, please Click Here

I also invite you to visit 21st Century MultiNational Perspectives/Blog/FYI

Just For Fun:

I'm a Porsche 911!

According to the "Which Sport Car Are You?" Quiz, my true inner vehicle is a Porsche 911 and it shows the following traits: "You have a classic style, but you're up-to-date with the latest technology. You're ambitious, competitive, and you love to win. Performance, precision, and prestige - you're one of the elite, and you know it."

JoAnne Green

Integrity ? Experience ? Dependability

Sunburst International Risk Management (www.InternationalRiskManagement.com) and Sunburst Worldwide Insurance Services(www.WorldwideMedicalPlans.com)

Thank you kindly for your visit and for your interest in getting to know me!

Papeete, Tahiti, Photo by Justin P.

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Re: SUNDAYS SHOWCASE Featuring_ JOANNE GREEN 06/08/08
6/7/2008 7:18:55 PM

Hey Thomas, Thankyou so much for your wonderful research into JoAnne's hometown. I hope you are well, having fun and Keeping busy.

Congratulations JoAnne, enjoy your time in Thomas's wonderful spotlight.

Warm regards,

Leanne

Leanne Did you know it IS possible to feel great whenever you choose to? I'd love to share my secret resource with you www.YourSuccessfulMind.com
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/7/2008 7:21:00 PM
Aww Thank you Leanne, things are Perfect with me! lovin Life!! Thanks for the love my friend. God_bless you :)
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
6/7/2008 8:48:25 PM
Such an interesting story from you Joanne.  I really enjoyed reading all about you and your interests.  Have a super day.
Shirley Manion
Shirley Manion MoneyMakers, Shopping, blogs, fun places http://www.connectionsecrets.com/webmasterhelpers Shopping Bargains and Deals Connections http://www.connectionsecrets.com/bargainshopping Your own fun Iggly Biggly business for only $20.00 h
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/7/2008 8:54:16 PM

Hi Thomas,

Very interesting introduction and as always, a veritable history lesson about what sounds like a wonderful City, Clovis, California.  Top-notch Forum!  I always leave so much better informed than when I arrived.  Thank You for your dedication and hard work. 

Hi JoAnne

on being featured here in the Sunday showcase.  I really enjoyed reading your biography once more.  Seems like I learn something new about you each time.  Thanks also for the link to your Forum and the additional information on your delightful City.  Although I've been to California dozens of times, I don't believe that I've ever been to Clovis.  It will be a definite stop on my itinerary on my next visit.

Your Strong Family Values and your Business & Professional Expertise are an Inspiration.  I consider myself fortunate indeed to count you among my Friends here at Adland.

Have A Blessed & Beautiful Week My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0