Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Philoxenia Features # RAJARAM - A Man of Honour and Word
5/29/2008 12:09:54 PM
PHILOXENIA

THE SPIRIT OF INDIA

RAJARAM S.K.
A MAN OF HONOUR, WORD AND RESPECT

This forum is dedicated to Rajaram S.K.
from Bangalore India.

Profile, forum
RAJARAM S.K

Rajaram is an intellectual friend having great knowledge in science, astronomy, but also in Hindu culture, history and rituals and the Vedic Studies. For many years he worked for the Navy of Republic of India. He practices Yoga and Reiki and adores gardening.

I know Rajaram 2,5 years. He is a very active member in this community.
He offers many hours to find right information to give us in his own and special
way. He is a low standing person, respecting all opinions, he is very careful, calm and very supportive and ready to give his experience to help. He avoids to get involved in sensitive subjects that can be misunderstood. Coming myself from another culture, some different for the American and surfing a lot around the internet I understand this standing.

INDIA
Land of Spirit, Emotion, Himalaya, Indus and Ganges

Click for a journey over India

Bounded by the majestic Himalayan ranges in the north and edged by a spectacular coastline surrounded by three seas, India is a vivid kaleidoscope of landscapes,magnificent historical sites and royal cities, golden beaches, misty mountain retreats, colorful people, rich cultures and festivities.
At any part of the year India can offer you a dazzling array of destinations and experiences. In summer, when the subcontinent is sizzling, there are spectacular retreats amidst the heady beauty of the Himalayas or the lush heights of the Western Ghats with cool trekking trails, tall peaks to conqueror stretches of white water for the adventure seekers.

Click above
I always admired Eastern Philosophy. Reading the details I could find Hellenic similarities. I am proud and honoured being Rajaram's friend. Georgios

Eastern Quotes

I will teach you the Truth and the Path leading to the Truth. (Buddha).

It is proper for you to doubt .. do not go upon report .. do not go upon tradition..do not go upon hearsay..' (Buddha, Kalama Sutra)

O Brahmana, it is just like a mountain river, flowing far and swift, taking everything along with it; there is no moment, no instant, no second when it stops flowing, but it goes on flowing and continuing. So Brahmana, is human life, like a mountain river. (Buddha)

WE SUPPORT POTW
Vote for your candidate
RAJARAM S.K.
IS ONE OF THE CANDIDATES THIS WEEK

The Person of the Week Team

Peter, Jim and Ana Maria

The POTW Awards Forum Team

Did you vote? Chose your friend - Click above
POTW - PERSON OF THE WEEK

RELATED FORUM: Kaleidoscope: India

I will update after hand.
Every picture will have spiritual Music.

Kindly Regards
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Philoxenia Features # RAJARAM - A Man of Honour and Word
5/29/2008 12:14:12 PM
Admin notes

BHAGAVAD GITA

The Bhagavad Gita (?????????),

"Song of God")

The Bhagavad Gita is a Sanskrit text from the chapter Bhishma Parva of the Mahabarata epic, comprising 700 verses.

KRISHNA

Krishna is a deity worshiped across many traditions of Hinduism. Krishna is often described as having the appearance of a dark-skinned man during his earthly incarnation, often depicted as a young cowherd boy playing a flute or a youthful prince giving philosophical direction and guidance (Bhagavd Gita).

RAJARAM

UPDATED May 30,2008

RAJARAM IS OUR
ADLANDPRO KING

VISHNU

KALI
PAMA
Click on the PIRTURES every picture above is followed by a nice song

International Society for Krishna Consciousness

Hindu sect based on the demonstration of intense love for Krishna (an incarnation of the god Vishnu), especially by chanting the mantra ‘Hare Krishna’. Members wear distinctive yellow robes, and men often have their heads partly shaven. Their holy books are the Hindu scriptures and particularly the Bhagavad-Gita, which they study daily.

The sect was introduced to the West by Swami Prabhupada (real name A C Bhaktivedanta, 1896-1977), a Sanskrit scholar from Calcutta (now Kolkata); he established a group in New York 1965. Members believe that by chanting the mantra and meditating on it, they may achieve enlightenment and so remove themselves from the cycle of reincarnation. They are expected to live ascetic lives, avoiding meat, eggs, alcohol, tea, coffee, and other drugs, and gambling; sexual relationships should only take place within marriage and solely for procreation.

LOTUS SUTRA - NAM-MYOHO-RENGE-KYO

The teaching of the lotus flower of the wonderful law.

The expression NAM-MYOHO-RENGE-KYO is taken from the title of the greatest teaching of the first historically recorded Buddha, known as Siddhartha Gautama or Shakyamuni Buddha, who lived in India around 500 years before Christ was born. Lotus Sutra, declares that all living beings, regardless of gender or intelligence, have the potential to attain Buddhahood.

Shiva Meditating

Click Above

In the Lotus Sutra, Shakyamuni Buddha teaches that inside each one of us a universal truth known as the Buddha nature. Basing our lives on this Buddha nature enables us to enjoy absolute happiness and to act with boundless compassion. Such a state of happiness is called enlightenment. It's simply waking up to the true nature of life, realizing that all things are connected, and that there is such a close relationship between each of us and our surroundings that when we change ourselves, we change the world.

In the 13th Century, a Japanese priest called Nichiren (1222-1282) realized that the message of the Lotus Sutra was summed up by its title, NAM-MYOHO-RENGE-KYO, which can be translated as the teaching of the lotus flower of the wonderful law. Nichiren declared that all of the benefits of the wisdom contained in the Lotus Sutra can be realized by chanting this title NAM-MYOHO-RENGE-KYO.

Happy Week End
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Dimitra Bravou

1603 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/29/2008 12:25:38 PM
Hello Georgios,

You have chosen a wonderful person to feature in your forum. You have described him in a perfect way.

I am honoured to have Rajaram as a friend of mine here. He deserves to become the next POTW and I support his nomination.

Congratulations Rajaram to be featured in Georgios forum. You know, we Greeks feel closer to your culture (ok, not all of us but me and Georgios for sure).

((youtube id="ohdfURAmMEs"))((/youtube))

Love and peace,

Dimitra
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/29/2008 12:42:35 PM
Hi Georgios,

Rajaram, nice to see you featured here. I wish you the best of luck in the POTW this week. It looks like an exciting race.

Georgios, thanks for your support for the two POTWs.

Voting ends on Friday at midnight.

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/1040913.aspx

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Philoxenia Features # RAJARAM - A Man of Honor and Word
5/29/2008 2:08:01 PM
Hello Georgios,

What a beautifully done feature again :-)
RAJARAM is such a wonderful choice with a great timing ;-)

He's Forum is indeed a very interesting one; I like visiting his place and reading he's posts; they are so instructive. I can say the same about the many interesting "Mountaineer" posts?! He always shows nothing but respect, kindness and lots of common sense in whatever he does and where ever he go and post!

CONGRATULATIONS
RAJARAM
for being Georgios' guest of honor today and here! Your contribution to the Adlandian society is so much appreciated.

Wish you the best of luck with the POTW poll! ;-)

I'm looking forward to celebrate you soon, as The POTW Award Recipient!

so many beauties of India!

With friendship,
Anamaria

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!