Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Getting to know the color green personality
2/28/2008 5:54:42 PM
On my previous thread I wrote about the color yellow, the nurturer. For this thresd I will write about the color green which makes up 35% of the population as does yellow. It is a known fact that 92% of the population hate agressive and pushy people. If you are in sales or marketing or just want to know more information about yourself read on. I do want to thank Michael Dlouhy for putting this information in an easy and conscise manner. This can be a tool but certainly not the only tool you should use in sales. After all sales in a business of people and trust not sales. I will use the same format as I did on my previous thread so you may compare. A email to the the color green must be spelled and grammatically correct or (s)he may even send it back with the corrections listed.They are left sided brain people so they are logical, analytical, and pessimistic by nature. 1, They work hard to get the children through college, are usually expressionless,soft direct voice, their handshake is slow and soft, their arms are crossed.They walk in a stiff direct manner. 2.Their professions are: CPA,accounting, using spead sheets of any kind or a professor. The dress formally, yet use coupons, hunt for the best deal(frugal).The job is okay, as long as you follow my plan. 3.The dislikes are:not having all the facts, hate being late or anyone else being late, pushy agressive salespeople 4.The likes are: their job as long as you follow my plan, spread sheets, just the fact and figures, once with a team a green will help you sell anything. 5.The strengths are: organized, perfectionist great follow through,planning,task persistent,information junkies. 6.The weakness:over analyze everything, hard to please, pessimistic about everthing,perfectionist,risk persistent, but must show them reality. 7.Their office has a globe in it, picture of home, and the office. 8.Build a realtionship first, they need all the information you have, give them articles, show the compensation plan, tell them reality, speak your reality into existance. Ask "I know we can help you do that, is it a fit for both of us? What is your position"? 9. Focus on strengths and give him the information, lots of information before your presentation. I would be helpful to have a spread sheet of somekind, visuals are good. 10.Once they are part of the team they help others sell anything.They can be your best team leaders. Their motto is usually, lets get the fact and figures. Green's think they are the smartest people in the world. At times are so caught up in analyzing and reanalyzing that they have lost interest. You as the sales person are frustrated by the constant request for more and more information to no avail. Try to explain that you know how intellegent he is. Would he at least like to try it with a money back guarantee, or free? What have you got to lose. You are not outsmarting them but building trust and moving that timeline along a little quicker. Your patience will payoff http://www.adlandpro/
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Getting to know the color green personality
2/29/2008 9:42:57 AM

Hi Frank,  I like to work with what you call "green people".  I can appreciate people willing to question and at least listen.  It is the silent, won't ask for help, won't tell what they are thinking types that frustrate me.

A "green person" exposes what they need and then one can meet those needs.  Diolgue altho frustration with lots of questions is a chance to present what you have to a thinking person.

Thanks for this information, but will e-mails reveal whether they are a yellow or green person? If they  fire back questions, then I guess you know they are green?

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!