Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Music Is The Abysmal Rainbow
3/25/2008 3:21:08 PM
Hello Jo!

Thank you for the comment and your visit! Goddess of Wisdom, Goddess Sophia is a nice song. Enjoy!

Regards Georgios
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/25/2008 3:58:22 PM
Hello Larry!

THank you for the support and your visit. It is true there are many kind of music and there are people and behaviour. Nice music makes good for the soul and for the mind.

Kindly regards
Georgios
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/28/2008 4:09:26 PM
Hello Gerri!

THank you for coming in. Here is some Music History on Byzantine notes and sounds.

Christos Anesti! Alithos Anesti!

Happy Easter to all my Orthodox brothers and sisters worldwide,particularly in Lebanon,Greece,Cyprus,Constantinople,Ale xandria and the Holy Lands. The choir of the holy monastery of Vatopedi at mount Athos in Greece singing the centuries old Byzantine hymn of the holy Easter
[The Christ is risen from the dead ] . Byzantine music that characterizes this hymn is highly spiritual and has inspired the works of many singers and composers worldwide. Byzantine music is the music of the Byzantine Empire composed to Greek texts as ceremonial, festival, or church music. Greek and foreign historians agree that the ecclesiastical tones and in general the whole system of Byzantine music is closely related to the ancient Greek system . The identification of "Byzantine music" with "Eastern Christian liturgical chant" is a misconception due to historical cultural reasons. Its main cause was the leading role of the Church as bearer of learning and official culture in the Eastern Roman Empire (Byzantium)

Thus,strictly speaking, Byzantine music can be considered as the medieval sacred chant of Christian Churches following the Orthodox Constantinopolitan rite.
Mount Athos (Greek: Όρος Άθως) is a mountain on the peninsula of the same name in Macedonia, northern Greece, called in Greek Άγιον Όρος (Agion Oros, translated often as Hagion Oros), or in English, "Holy Mountain". In Classical times, the peninsula was called Ακτή (Acte or Akte). Politically it is known in Greece as the Autonomous Monastic State of the Holy Mountain. This World Heritage Site is home to 20 Eastern Orthodox monasteries and forms a self-governed monastic state within the sovereignty of the Hellenic Republic [Greece ]. Spiritually, Mount Athos comes under the direct jurisdiction of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople.

The Holy and Great Monastery of Vatopedi on Mount Athos was built during the second half of the 10th century, by three monks, Athanasius, Nicholas, and Antonius from Adrianople, who were the pupils of Athanasius the Athonite. A legendary tradition says that its construction was ordered in the 4th century by Eastern Roman Emperor Arcadius to honour the miraculous salvation by the Virgin Mary of his son from a shipwreck.

Chrictos Anesti -As Sung By Mt Athos Monks

The presented pictures show first the location and region of Mount Athos and the the Holy and Great Monastery of Vatopedi,followed by several icons featuring the cruxification and resurruction of our Lord Jesus Christ.Then comes some pictures of The Church of the Holy Sepulchre [ Ναός της Αναστάσεως ] at Jerusalem, followed by photos from Mount Athos then 2 photos of the main Greek Orthodox church [Evanglesmos] at Alexandria [Egypt],then a photo of the emblem of the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate of Alexandria.Some photos of old Byzantine churches from Greece are then presented [Agdhmhtrios, Agia-triada ] ,followed by 2 pictures from the St. Catherine's Monastery in Egypt's Sinai then a picture of a Byzantine church in Greece [kiriakoselia].Finally,several photos of our most sacred church [Hagia Sophia] in Constantinople are presented, featuring the original building and the current appearance of the monument followed by some icons that were excavated from the church in the 20th century.The last photos shows the Byzantine double eagle emblem,followed by pictures showing the celebration of Easter in one of the churches in Greece.

Greetings from Kilkis
Macedonia, Greece

+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/29/2008 9:35:36 AM

Georgios, Music is a window to our soul.  My husband and I went to a concert featuring the CELTIC WOMAN  group.  These lovely ladies have a true gift for song.  The concert was astounding!!!  They are Angels.

Click the picture below to hear one of their songs.

Pat

link: YouTube - Celtic Woman - You Raise Me Up

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
MUSIC IS PERFECTION AND HARMONY
4/12/2009 5:17:49 AM
MUSIC IS PERFECTION
Front page updated with a nice piture and sounds.

Music is harmony, harmony is perfection, perfection is our dream, and our dream is heaven. There is more music in a baby’s smile than in a thousand symphony orchestras. Music lives in the Flute Mountains that are made of melted diamonds. We drink them. Our eyes sparkle like petals of a black rose. Music to plant beans, to plant corn. Music the burning throne, the prodigal daughter, and rain cloud over the profound branches. Through music life is altered. This energy, if visible, might resemble bands of light stretched across fields of flowing ash going past layers of infinite habitation. The cry of praise, the memory, the entrance to the fire, oupas chanting. The effect pulls on gravity.

Blue Night & Full Moon
Artist: Medwyn Goodall, Album: Moon Goddess
Song: Full Moon Magic, Genre: New Age
Release: 1995

click above

========================================
Disclaimer:
I don't hold any copyright to the image and the music used in forums.
They rightfully belong to their respective artists, writers and owners.
No copyright infringement is intended.
========================================
Love and Respect
Georgios
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!