Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Love and Justice and Unity. New Jerusalem
2/19/2008 8:02:39 AM
    Dear friends
Today I will mention what has been said about Love and Justice. First I'll quote from "The Law of Love enshrined" by W. Hatcher, who better than I can express himself concerning Love, Justice and Unity, then I will come to Abdu'l-Bahas eulogizing of the force of Love, and I'll explain the New Jerusalem as well here::

"
Unity, the fundamental Goal of the Bahai Faith.

It is important here to stress that all of the laws, institutions and principles that Bahaullah has established are expressions of the two fundamental principles of justice and love. Justice has to do with the recognition of and respect for the role, status and worth of a given individual, of a given social function or of a given institution or principle.                                                                                               Justice provides the component of stability and order to the social fabric and to human relationships generally.                                     Love is the underlying dynamic and motivating force of the whole of creation.                                                                                                   Without love, justice degenerates into dry formalities, and without justice love may be improperly channelled and therefore unproductive of effective results.
The principles of justice and love are thus complementary and each is essential to the fundamental Bahai goal of establishing the unity of humanity at all levels of human interaction. Indeed the unity of the material world itself results from the natural laws (justice) which regulate the dynamice interactions(love )among the different physical forces and entities. According to Bahaullah, the ultimate expression of the unity of humanity will be the organization of the life of the entire planet into one coherent social system based on justice and cooperation:

'The well-being of mankind, its peace and security, are unattainable unless and until its unity is firmly established.'

Given the breathtaking scope of Bahaullah's vision of the future of mankind, we might anticipate that His system would exalt justice over love, order over dynamism. However, we will see that, if anything, the opposite is true: love is the most fundamental principle of all and the laws of (His Law-Book, the Most Holy Book,)1) reflect the fact that, in all of God's creation, justice is the servant of love.
As Abdu'l-Baha has expressed it:
'Know thou of a certainty that Love is the secret of God's holy Dispensation, the manifestation of the All-Mercifful, the fountain of spiritual outpourings. Love is heaven's kindly light, the Holy Spirit's eternal breath that vivifieth the human soul. Love is the cause of God's revelation unto man, the vital bond inherent, in accordance with the divine creation, in the relities of things.
Love is the one means that ensures true felicity both in this world and in the next...Love is the most great law that ruleth this mighty and heavenly cycle, the unique power that bindeth together the divers elements of this material world, the supreme magnetic force that directeth the movements of the spheres in the celestial realms...Love is the spirit of life unto the adorned body of mankind, the establisher of true civilization in this mortal world, and the shedder of imperishable glory upon every high-aiming race and nation.'

What else could be said upon this. Not very much. In my smaller world of art I find metaphores for many things of spiritual nature. The painting of the painter is an exemple of law and love. The frame is the law, the play of colours and lines are an expression of love, love of the motive).
All the former Messengers have each had a specific task.From Abraham came Holy Descendants through his three wifes:  Jesus,( Sarah) Muhammad ( Hagar)and the Bab(Hagar) and Bahaullah(Keturah) , . Moses taught the Israelis to worship only one God, Jesus came with love, Bahaullah stresses justice alongside love.
The Local and National Spiritual Assemblies will later change its name to Local and National Houses of Justice.

1) The Most Holy Book, the law-book is named  Kitab-i-Aqdas
in Persian. This is the name of the Book symbolized in the Book of Revelation as the New Jerusalem  See Rev 3:12.

Bye for now

All the best to you
Laila

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Love and Justice and Unity. New Jerusalem
2/19/2008 11:24:37 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!