Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Writings of the Bab
2/17/2008 10:46:59 AM
    Hello again
I just gave you a few prayers.
Now I will give you some Words by the Bab, the martyred Herald of Bahaullah, and Who also may be called the return of Elijha:

O peoples of the earth!
 Bear ye allegiance unto this  resplendent light wherewith God hath graciously invested Me
through the power of  infallible Truth...

Bab.

Tablet to the First Letter of the Living.1)

This is that which We have revealed for the First Believer in Him Whom God shall make manifest, that it may serve as an admonition from Our presence unto all mankind.

In the Name of the Almighty, the Best-Beloved!
Lauded and glorified is He Who is the sovereign Lord of the kingdoms of heaven and earth and whatever is between them. Say, verily unto Him shall all return, and He is the One Who guideth at His Own behest whomsoever He pleaseth. Say, all men beseech His blessings and He is supreme over all created things. He is indeed the All-Glorious, the Mighty, the Well-Beloved.
This is an epistle from the letter Tha' unto him who is the First Believer
Bear Thou witness that verily He is I, Myself, the Sovereign, the Omnipotent.
He is the One Who ordaineth life and death and unto Him shall all return. Indeed there is none other God but Him and all men bow down in adoration before Him. Verily Thy Lord, God, shall presently recompense every one as He ordaineth, even swifter than uttering the words 'Be thou, and it is'.
God hath in truth testified in His Book and so also have testified the company of His angels, His Messengers and those endued with divine knowledge, that thou hast believed in God and in His signs
and that everyone is guided aright by virtue of thy guidance. This is indeed a boundless grace which God, the Ever-Living, the Self-Subsisting hath graciously conferred upon thee aforetime
and will confer hereafter.
And since thou 2) believed in God before the creation, He hath in truth, at His own behest, raised thee up in every Revelation. There is no God but Him, the Sovereign Protector, the All-Glorious.
It behooveth thee to proclaim the Cause of God unto all created things as a token of grace from His presence; no God is there but Him, the Most Generous, the All-Glorious.
Say, all matters must be referred to the Book of God; I am the First to believe in God and in His signs;
I am the One Who divulgeth and proclaimeth theTruth and I have been invested with every excellent title of God, the Mighty, the Incomparable. Verily, I have attained the Day of the First Manifestation and by the bidding of the Lord and as a token of His grace, I shall attain the Day of the Latter Manifestation.3)
There is no God but Him and at the appointed Hour everyone shall bow down unto Him3) in adoration.
I render thanks and yield praise unto God for having been chosen by Him as the Exponent of His Cause in bygone days and in the days to come; there is none other God save Him, the Glorified, the All-Praised, the Ever-Abiding. Whatever is in the heavens and on the earth is His and through Him are we guided right.
O people..Those who embrace the Truth must turn unto Me, as ordained in the Book and divine guidance will be vouchsafed to whosoever attaineth My presence."

1)The disciples or apostles of the Bab,
2)The first believer , returning in any revelation. In this dispensation, Mulla Husayn
3) Bahaullah

Dear friends I hope that you will ponder upon what I have presented to you here, I suggest that you also ponder upon how the Bab gave His life willingly not because of the miracle that was involved in it(that was, though remarkable, for the spectators mainly) but rather you can think of that "Lamb" spoken of in the Book of Revelation, and return to those pages once more.(The "murder" of the Bab )
  The seed or a nut gives its life to the earth that there may grow a mighty tree. Jesus said something like that. That is so true, so inevitable and such an ancient phenomenon that, I'd say, it is really surprising that some people believe there would be no sacrificing at the event of the universal Holy Return. Of course there will be resistance in the rows of priests and others who possess worldly power. The Bab proclaimed to His First Believer His Mission in 1844,   the very year when the Gospel had reached to all the corners of the earth, (as the sign of "the end")and when the Jews were allowed to return to their ancient homeland" as a witness (of "the end") unto all peoples"  and when the prophesy of Daniel, (referred to by Jesus) was fulfilled.  "The"end is to be understood as the end of the old world order, that is the worldly world order with its sovereign nation states, (not that the earth itself should "stop" in some way).                              Why is that, you may wonder, the Bahai answer is,- because Gods Kingdom will unfurl its banner revealing its divinely ordained institutions, which we ordinary people will build, are building, supported with the hosts of divine virtues (see the role of the individual previously) to be offered as a gift to mankind + the forming of a world government and a world commonwealth.
For prophesies, please go back to those previous articles.
You may not believe, just like that, that anything could be "a gift to mankind." But, I can tell you that the Bahais are in fact serving at these institutions as a priviledge. To be called to serve in the Spiritual Assembly is indeed to receive a gift too. Abdu'l-Baha has said: "The mystery of sacrifice is, that it is no sacrifice". The power to feel in such a way comes from the power that is released by the sacrifice of the Messenger of God. This is the power that underlies the emergence of civilizations, isn't it?.
Moreover, Bahaullah has said.:..." I will make you quickeners of mankind" and accordingly you receive that power  required channelled through His institutions, His Word Order. On top of fishing men we have to face the whole of mankind as our own family. This duty is not difficult at all, because of the love that  it is enshrined in .                                                                                       Bahaullah released His divine power during forty years and is releasing it now, I believe even stronger now . His life of "the outer world" was sacrificed to redeem mankind, at the same time that it gave Him time to compose His Laws and prescriptions for all the worlds people. His Predessessor, the Bab, the "Gate" to the New Era of fulfillment, sacrificed His life, His Son sacrificed His whole life for the benefit of mankind, serving the Cause while a prisoner too and stands as a Centre of the Covenant.

Today also I have been thinking about the state of indifference that one can encounter, for days or occasionally, when nothing special is dragging you along, -I have found in myself that on certain days I have to decide first that I need  to be open for new things, new feelings, new energy. It is the nature of men to estrange themselves, actually.  BUT, with even the shortest possible  little step towards the Sun of Reality, you will be drawn towards it  by its own own Force. Then one's own longing for the Sun is awakened and realized as a help  on the way and then, finally, one recognizes that Sun by its own light and warmth.
You see, even the material sun is a guide on the way towards the Inner Divine One.
Dear friends,
Bye for now and all the best I wish for you
Laila
"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Writings of the Bab
2/17/2008 3:49:15 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Writings of the Bab
2/18/2008 6:48:35 AM
    Hello Nick and good morning     

Thank you for those true words. They make me think of  how spring arrives. The very first ones to welcome the spring in the forest are not the high oaks, nor the beeches, but the lowly ones near the ground are stirred by the very first rays of the spring sun, the blue hepatica and the wood anemones. The wood floor is often  wholly covered with the white flowers. And in that state will soon my garden be outside my cottage. But the proud oakes and beeches wait until may and sometimes june before the leaves come out. They are just like the emperors and kings, slow like Constantine and people  of his sort.
In nature signs are generously given" for men of discernment".(Bahaullah) There is not a single phenomenon in nature that is not a carrier of a divine  sign, for us to read.
If people would read just the ground and what grows upon it, instead of fighting each other with the  abstruse sayings of old, that would be much more favoured of God.
I found God and God's Word for this Age without knowing anything about the divergent literal interpretations of the old Books,. Afterwards I realized that God had sought me out first of course. Then God taught me about the old sayings, which people simply jump over right up to this day. And He taught me the spiritual interpretation of them.
Now I have reminded you about them. Isn't it wonderful to see what hardly anybody has seen?
So what do you say, Nick?
Guard your independency in spiritual matters  and say your own meaning! That is what is meant by the coming of age of mankind.

All the best
Let there be Sunshine on you
Laila

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!