Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Rectitude of Conduct.. Leo Tolstoy in letter.
2/6/2008 7:24:20 AM
    Good day everybody
As I said yesterday I'll recount virtues under the heading
of
KINDLINESS
Rectitude of conduct with its implications of justice, equity, truthfulness, honesty, fairmindedness, reliability and trustworthiness, must distinguish every phase of the life of the Bahai Community.
Such rectitude of conduct must manifest itself, with ever-increasing potency, in every verdict which the elected representatives of the Bahai Community, in whatever capacity they may find themselves, may be called upon to pronounce. It must be constantly reflected in the business dealings of all its members, in their domestic lives, in all manner of employment, and in any service they may , in the future, render their government or people. It must be exemplified in the conduct of all Bahai elections, when exercising their sacred rights and functions. It must characterize the attitude of every loyal believer towards non-acceptance of political posts, non-identification with political parties, non-participation of political controversies, and non-membership in political organizations and ecclesiastical institutions....It must be demonstrated in the impartiality of every defender of the Faith against its enemies, in his fair-mindedness in recognizing any merits that enemy may possess, and in his honesty in discharging any obligations he may have towards him. It must constitute the brightest ornament of the life, the pursuits, the exertions, and the utterances of every Bahai ....
                                                                          Shoghi Effendi

ANIMALS
The true seeker should show kindness to animals,                                                              Bahaullah

The physical sensibilities and instincts are common to animal and man...the poor animals cannot speak....therefore one must be very considerate towards animals ...Educate the children in their infancy in such a way that they may become increasingly kind and merciful to the animals.                                                         Abdu'l-Baha

ASSOCIATION
Consort with all men, O people of Baha, in a spirit of friendliness and fellowship.                                                             Bahaullah

Do not be satisfied until each one with whom you are concerned is to you as a member of your  family. Regard each one either as a father, or as a brother, or as a sister, or as a mother, or as a child. If you can attain unto this, your difficulties will vanish; you will know what to do.                                                                            Abdu'l-Baha

When you love a member of your family or a compatriot, let it be with a ray of the Infinite Love! Let it be in God, and for God! Wherever you find the attributes of God love that person, whether  he be of your family, or of another. Shed the light of boundless love on every human being whom you meet.                                             Abdu'l-Baha

BAD LANGUAGE
It behooveth every man to blot out the trace of every idle word from the tablet of his heart.
Defile not your tongue with cursing or execrating anyone, and guard thy tongue against that which is not worthy.
The tongue is for mentioning that which is good; pollute it not with evil speech. God hath forgiven ye that which is past; hereafter ye must all speak that which is befitting. Avoid execration, and that which is aggravating to man.                                                    Bahaullah

CHARITY
Charity is beloved and acceptable before God, and is accounted the chief among all good deeds. Indeed, this blessed word is, in this connection, a sun among words. Blessed is he who prefers his brother before himself; such a one is of the people of Baha.
...                                                                                    Bahaullah

CHILDREN
Men and women must place a part of what they earn by trade, agriculture, or other business, in charge of a trustworthy person, to be spent in the education and instruction of  the children. It is decreed that every father must educate his sons and daughters in reading and in writing and also in that which hath been ordained in the Tablets...
He who educates his son, or any other's children, it is as though he hath educated one of My children

Here I wish to add that if a family cannot afford to educate all their children, the girl(s) must go before the boys and receive education.Women are the first teachers of their children.
Schools must first train the children in the principles of religion, so that the Promise and the Threat, recorded in the Book of God, may prevent them from the things forbidden and adorn them with the mantle of the commandments; but this in such a measure that it may not injure the children by resulting in ignorant fanatism and bigotry.
Do all you can to encourage spirituality in the children
It is the duty of all to look after the children. Those without children should, if possible, make themselves responsible for the education of a child.                                                                  Abdu'l-Baha

I can present some prescriptions or cammandments every time I write
Now I wish to present a quote by Leo Tolstoy regarding his interest in the Bahai Faith. He
studied the Bahai Writings in several languages. He understood that something very important had happened and wrote about this to a friend.
In a letter  of 1908 to Fridu'l-Khan Wadelbekow he wrote that:(In my own perhaps, falty translation)
Bahaullah is now giving us the highest and purest form of religious teachings, and: I believe that in this very hour, the great revolution that has been prepared during two thousand years in the religious world, has started, - a revolution which shall replace the corrupt religion with its accompanying system of power - the true religion, the foundation for human equality and the foundation for true freedom which all men of understanding are longing for."

I coudn't agree more.
So, perhaps,  you will too go ahead and study these teachings  and find out for yourself, my friends?
In this world when so many institutions and ageold traditions, and dynasties and monarchies are crumpling and falling, we ,the Bahais are with the unfailing guidance of the Universal House of Justice , building up something very precious and solid, beginning from within.  Beginning with a transformation of our character. Sure, we are quite determined about these undertakings.

Bye for now
Kind regards froim
Laila
"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Rectitude of Conduct.. Leo Tolstoy in letter.
2/6/2008 10:34:28 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Rectitude of Conduct.. Leo Tolstoy in letter.
2/8/2008 5:40:34 AM
    Hi Nick
Thank you Nick.Thanks for this rose.
You  want me to tell you why the sky comes all the way down to the ground. We are living by and through it, only the bottom of our feet touch the ground.                                                                                          I discern -it is because God wants to show us that similarly we are all completely surrounded by and dependent on His Invisible power. So, all the time this process of being in and living through the air is a word in the book of Gods Nature, a word for us to read the meaning of..
Nothing out there is meaningless, though sometimes you cannot see that very thing that is indeed full of meaning. But that's part of the game.
I am very fond of finding these things, that you stumble upon.

Bye for now
Have a good day

Keep in touch
Laila
"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!