Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Nominations forum for the Photo of the Week Contest
6/5/2008 6:05:32 AM
Dear Sara :-)

Thank you for your post, and here is how things are with that pic and with that specific series: the pictures are mine as before uploading them here I asked for the photographer's permission - a very good friend of mine and a colleague here in my office! There is nothing to stop me to nominate it here! I even could have not ad that accolade that I'm not the one who took it
IN FACT
! - but I didn't thought it to be fair. Technically the picture is mine and I can nominate it and I also have the approval and agreement of the "taker"

Hope this is going to bring some light upon this issue.

If you have any trouble with this, than I'll withdraw the photo and it will be fine for every one.

Wish you all the best and a nice day.

With friendship,
Anamaria

+0
Lia
Lia Kovacs

105 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/5/2008 7:18:56 AM

HELLO EVERYONE!

My name is Lia, I'm new here at Adland. I heard about this community from my friend (I think you know her very well), her name is Ana Maria Padurean. This is my first post so please be gentle :) . I took this picture last Easter here in Oradea. It was a very warm spring day. I like to share beautiful things with my friends. Ana Maria loved that picture and posted it here, I don't know the rules of this "contest" but I'm happy that she showed you all this amazing flower.

BYE ! Have a nice day!  LIA

+0
6/5/2008 9:00:50 AM

Ana Maria, I certainly did not want to start a controversial issue here.  However, if what you state is true, then any of us can post any pictures that are in our possession by getting the photographer's permission.  Is this correct?

I just copied the rules from beginning of forum thread:

All photos in this forum are sole property of the photographer.

Folks, please be sure to provide the link to the location of the photo.

Rules (Some new):

1. Only the photographer can nominate his or her photo. We've had problems with photos getting nominated that don't even belong to the person who has it in their gallery. We only want the photographer nominating their own photos because we don't want legal problems in case someone was to win who didn't own the photo nominated. The person who nominates their photo must attest to being the owner of the photo.

2. Photo must be posted here at AdlandPro's Gallery.

3. Photo should appropriate for the contest, no objectible material.

4. You can nominate a photo from a previous week if it didn't win. We want to give everyone a chance to win.

5. You can only make one nomination per week.

Ana Maria, dear sweet person, I have no problem with your picture, it is beautiful and I love magnolias.  There have been problems with this issue in the past and I wonder if you want to open that can of worms.  One photo won the cash award using a picture from a Google search and it appeared in emails all over.  The photo was later removed.  Also, another person posted & won from a picture sent to them but it was ruled that it should be withdrawn.  I don't care how you folks handle it, I like the photos and the contest and rules can be broken.

And yes, you could have posted the picture and not say you did not take it.  That is not something I could do.  Honesty has always been first and foremost with me. Please don't be upset with me.  This is a fun forum and I have supported it as long as I have been with Adlandpro.

God bless,

Sara

+0
6/5/2008 9:05:01 AM

Lia, may we be friends?  I will send you an invite.  Your picture is beautiful and I am happy that it was posted. 

Welcome to Adlandpro and thanks to Ana Maria for bringing you here.  We would love to see many more of your pictures and I hope you will soon become familiar with the rules.  However, since Ana Maria is one of the rule makers, maybe you won't have to.

Look forward to seeing more of you,

Sara

+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/5/2008 10:08:23 AM
Hello Sara :-)

Here is going to be NO CONTROVERSY as basically you're true; when I posted it I didn't thought of it that way; first of all I wanted to PAY the "COMMENTORS" attention - ??? who knows maybe they've seen it!!!! - that I'm sick and tired in deleting their "RINGTONES" !!!! This is why I posted also the "COMMENT"
Besides, Lia - the photo taker (by the fact) said to me to nominate it as she agrees to do it in my name - but I DIDN'T THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FAIR TO TAKE THE CREDITS AS THE ONE WHO ACTUALLY TOOK IT! - this is why I thought it to be fair to write it there.

... and I thought about this paragraph of the rules:

We only want the photographer nominating their own photos because we don't want legal problems in case someone was to win who didn't own the photo nominated.

BUT, this picture in no way can be compared with those you were talking about! You may GOOGLE for them as much as you want... but it would be a pity for your time :-) - and would/could in no way be the case of any legal problem.

Well, as soon as some of your points are to be taken into consideration I'll do my best "to pursue" Lia to nominate the picture in her name. But do I have first to teach her to upload it to her profile or may it be in my photo album for awhile yet?! Hm??? Now, this is the question?! :-)

... and one more thing, rest assure I'm in NO WAY UPSET with you. I have no reason :-)

With friendship,
Anamaria

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!