Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Dear ReadersThis might be a sensation for some of you
1/30/2008 3:30:14 PM
  Good evening

I really wish you to examine how Jesus is extolled in the Qouran, showing the unity of religions, therefore that headline above

So Here we go, with quotes from Geoffrey Parrinders book Jesus in the Quouran:

JESUS ('Isa)

The Qouran gives a greater number of honorable titles to Jesus than to any other figure in the past. He is a 'sign', a 'mercy', a'witness' and an 'exemple'. He is called by His proper name Jesus, by the titles Messiah (Christ)) and Son of Mary, and by the names Messenger, Prophet. Servant, Word and Spirit of God.
The Qouran gives two accounts of the annunciation and birth of Jesus, and refers to His teachings and healings, and His death and His exaltation. Three chapers or suras of the Qouran are named after references to Jesus (3,5 and 19): He is mentioned in fifteen suras and ninetythree verses. Jesus is always spoken of in the Qouran with reverence; there is no breath of criticism, for He is the Christ of God.

And here are some of the quotes:
And I hope you are willing to admit that this may serve as a new building of bridges between mistrusting,  if not directly contending peoples ,-that well serve the purpose of reconciliation and friendship.
God is speaking thus in We-form:

2,81/87 'We gave Jesus, Son of Mary, the Evidences and aided Him by the Holy Spirit'
2,130/136:'What has been given to Moses and Jesus and the prophets'
2,254/253:'We gave Jesus, Son of Mary, the Evidences and supported Him by the Holy Spirit.'
3,40/45:'God giveth thee tidings of a word from Himself Whose name is the Messiah, Jesus, Son of Mary'
3,45/52: 'Jesus perceived unbelief on their part'.
3,48/55:'God said:"O Jesus, I am going to bring thy term to an end and raise thee to Myself."'
4,156/157: 'For their saying:"We killed the Messiah, Jesus, Son of Mary, the messenger of God".'
19,35/34: 'That is Jesus, son of Mary, a statement of the truth.'
23,52/50:'We appointed the Son of Mary and His mother to be a sign.
43,63:'When Jesus came with the Evidences'.
57,27: 'In their footsteps We caused our messengers to follow, and We caused Jesus, Son of Mary, to follow, and We gave Him the Gospel.'
61,6:'Jesus, Son of Mary, said: "O children of Israel, I am God's Messenger to you."'
61,14: 'Jesus, son of Mary, said to the apostles:" "Who are My helpers towards God?" (in Swedish =concerning God?)
And this last verse continues like this in my own translation.: The Apostles answered:"We are the helpers of God"; and some of the children of Israel believed, but some did not, and then We helped them who believed against their enemy, so that they became victorious.'

Also, according to a tradition Muhammad is saying:."If you do not believe in Jesus Christ, the Virgin Mary and the holy prophets you are not worthy to believe in me."
Muslims hold another tradition: Jesus spoke when newly born.

How about that?. Will it serve peace or strife to know about other Faiths Founders exalting your "own" Messenger. I think you agree this is not too bad.

Bye for a while
Laila

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Dear ReadersThis might be a sensation for some of you
1/30/2008 3:50:08 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Dear ReadersThis might be a sensation for some of you
1/30/2008 4:10:00 PM
    Hi Nick
Good evening. Here is evening.
Thank you  for responding  with this beautiful picture. I presume you read about  Jesus speaking at birth, since you chose this text shining in the night. It makes me glad.

Kind regards
from Laila

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!