Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: WOMEN OF COURAGE - CAROLINE KENNEDY
2/1/2008 10:11:13 PM
Hi Luella,
  My Trashcan is out being cleaned.  Yes, looking back it was quite an experience.  My parents were considered rich, even though they did not have that much money.  Their richness came in the friendships that they had.  My father was always honest with everyone, therefore he was a person that you could trust.  Although I was not old enough to remember his first automobile and the fact that he was the first person in our little village that obtained a drivers license, I do remember my brothers telling me that he also became one of the first driving instructors.  He did not have a set price.  Whatever a person could afford was alright.  By the time I came along, my father had already served in World War I and at the time of my birth was serving in World War II along with three of my four brothers. 
  It was interesting that my father referred to my mother as "The Little Woman."  She was 4'11".  It is true that she was little, however my father was  4'11 1/2".  That half inch gave him the edge.  There was a gas station/garage that my father frequented quite often call The Midget Twin Gas Station.  It was, obviously owned by two brothers who were twins and Midgets.  Many people did not take their cars there until they drove by one day and saw my father's car in to be fixed.  He was small, however the way he treated people, both rich and poor made him a Giant among men.  Most of my family were, and still are sophisticated in nature knowing the legacy that my father left behind.  I chose not to follow that path because I would rather be equal among friends.  That's why, although I did brush up against some famous people as well as the young Norma Jean Harlow {Brunette}, strange voice, I would rather be myself as opposed to trying to be someone I am not.  I wonder where I could get some of those Holiday cigarettes?, the ones that came in Pastel Colors?????  I used to smoke Camels but the humps got caight in my throat so I swirched to Marlboro but kept falling off the Horse.

GOD BLESS YOU

MIKE

http://yagatta.com/signup/friend_YagattaknowMike
Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!