Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Read also what Leo Tolstoy said about the Bahai Faith,
1/30/2008 8:35:06 AM
    Dear readers
Today I am telling you all sorts of new things.

Lately in my articles
I have have wished to emphasize that the Bible is a Holy Book for the Bahais, just as the Christians regard the ten commandments and other teachings of the old Testament as holy. Rather, do not the Christians rever the whole Bible from beginning to end? It contains several religions in union, showing a  divine plan. - I recently read at another forum that on the "Day of Judgement" we will be judged according to this Law of Moses, the Ten Commandments.

Still due to old "traditions of mistrust between" religions, religious people  are reluctant to  the thought that religions have the same origine, especially religions that prevail in distant countries. So strange it is then, that in my secularized  country, whenever I speak about the unity of all the  World Religions, people are quite positive to that.Even when they do not inquire how. Why then should the religionists themselves say o, that other faith is not of God, or it is from "another" God, (thereby hastily accepting the idea of at least two Gods!). Strange it is. And "the final stop or barriere for  unity among people would be religion". I have got this answer from a Christian. How sad indeed. How mistaken he is.
But you, my dear readers, are not like that I am convinced. You are openminded and curious. You have stayed with me for months by now.

Because of this   misconceptions that if you belong to one religion you are automatically in opposition to another, quite commonly upheld, I am always on the move to take away prejudices among people,their  misconceptions.The truth is always more exiting. Isn't it?

The most "advanced prejudice" is that many people think the Founder of a religion is false and not of God , because His adherents behave miserably. Are violent.                                                                               I myself have been of that sort. When I learned that the bishops and priests of Christianity sanctioned the killings of the Indians in both South and North America unless they let themselves be baptized + when I learned about other crimes on the part of Christians  a thick veil came in between me and Christ. But,...

In truth it may be, that the Founder in question in His revelation is praising the Founder of the religion of that other
religious group .  Today many people , especially in the West are looking upon Muhammad in very much the same way as they look upon terrorists who say they die for Muhammads Faith and are going to be rewarded the blissful pleasures among the 70 maidens of heaven.
 And a grievous veil is put in between them and  The Founder of Islam.
I sometimes think of the fact that by now the Islamic Faith is approaching the age that the Christian had at the  time of their slaughter of the Indians in South america, 14- to 1500 years old. It also tells you something.1)

Then there is the far Eastern Faith of Buddha,about Whom it is said is not even speaking about God. It might not even constitute a religion. Very confusing,especially when you ponder upon how monks and adherents of Buddha are risking their very lives , like in Burma recently, for others peoples sake, for freedom's  and justice's sake.
How come that the Bahai Faith is even thinking of the unification  or  of a union of all these Faiths. What does Bahai mean by Union one might ask? In Hinduism, people say, there are hundreds of Gods, it is said. There is even an elefant god with a long nose. And yet there are Hindus saying there is only one God, but He has many attributes,. These attributes are, at the best, transformed into gods in the minds by common people. So within the religions there are opposite opinions. The Jews think, THINK, that the Trinity means three Gods, whereas Christians are saying, there is only one God, at the same time as they say Jesus is God, He even created the creation.

It does look like a mess on the surface. On the surface.
This phenomenon all together is like an ocean with stormy waves tossing high, creating a white sheet of foam that  makes the vessels of our minds lose sight of a safe harbour, preventing us from seeing and realizing the depth of the ocean.
But in the depth pearls are to be found, well hidden for centuries, the precious gems covering the whole bottom of that sea.
Today Bahaullah has opened those mussles and shown us the road to union.
Today when "all people are gathered ", prophesied about in the Bible, we have come to know each other, every day we learn more of each others litterature and cultures, even the religious litterature. We live already since many decades side by side. the world is one homeland. Students from all countries come to distant lands to study.I do not need to dwell upon this which we see all the time. Bahais have come to my country as refugees from Iran and told me something revolutionary.
and as a consequence I and millions of others among the adherents of Bahaullah have come to know that Jesus is spoken of quite frequently in the Qouran. Also , Jesus' mother Maria and the Prophets of Israel. The Christians should know this. Only a veil of old traditional prejudice  and an undefinable bad taste are in between them and the truth.
I have a whole book about JESUS IN THE QUORAN, I have studied  it in parts, never mind what the adherents of Islam have done towards the Bahais or what supposed Islamic terrorists are doing to create panic in the West as well as the East.
Never mind all this, - I have found a hidden gem, Muhammad, the Prophet. He came to a people who were absolutely wild, among whom the custom was to rob each others wifes, who buried little girls alive in the sand, who constantly were waging war, they were idolators and very cruel. Muhammad made of this people a flourishing world culture., which saw many a learned doctor and wise men.In Spain there was a  florishing friendly co-mixture of Jews, Christians and Muslims for a prolonged period, from that age the beautiful Alhambra architecture.
I could tell you at length about the benifits of Islam, but I just want to show there is a hidden gem which the Muslims themselves have forgotten. It is for the rest of the world to dive for it, I have "dived so deep" that I have even had wonderful dreams about the Prophet Muhammad. I have felt a mild spirit of love when coming to meet muslim women at a cheramic course i attended. This is the great triumph of the Bahai Faith.
This is the way to reconcile the religions. This is the divine pedagogics .It is through the Faith of Bahaullah and the new Insight of the oneness of religions He installs in you. It makes you stand alone against the whole world.
Don't you agree that this Insight is needed in this one world, our little home in space?
I have given you the key to it, it is in the Faith in Bahaullah, in the faith in His divine revelation.
Leo Tolstoy said:.
"We are spending our lives to unlock the mysteries of the universe, but there is a prisoner in Akka, Bahaullah, who has the key"!

Bye for now
Kind regards from Laila

1) I explain the moderated  Christian Faith of today as due to the influence of the  spirit of the new Faith, which is Bahai.
Just as the Renaissance was the result of the influence of the florishing Islam ,  -- well, this is my Faith.
How would you otherwise explain that we now see women as priests for one thing? This is common in my country and  in the Nordic countries.

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Read also what Leo Tolstoy said about the Bahai Faith,
2/1/2008 2:12:09 AM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/1/2008 4:18:48 AM

Interesting story, thanks, Laila

Where Leo Tolstoy said this?

Listen to this 100% original song is a tribute to "EVERYTHING" both Positive and Negative. GHANDI'S philosophy was influenced by LEO TOLSTOY.
LEO TOLSTOY embraced "EVIL" and "NEGATIVITY" as essential and necessary elements of the human condition.
It can be difficult to wrap ones mind around the concept of accepting "EVIL" as much as accepting "LOVE" but one would be surprised at what piece of mind it can provide. Acceptance is a key to any spiritual fullfillment. Whats better to accept than "things" that are everpresent and are NEVER going away.

This concept gives new meaning to the street term "IT'S ALL GOOD

((youtube id="XxYlf8KGGCM"))((/youtube))

Greeting, Lydia

P.S. Take part in my forum Lingvo Club please.

+0
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/1/2008 9:01:21 AM
    Hello Lydia
I immediately sought your forum Lingvo Club. Very good idea.. People like this.
I answered you there.
Sadly enough I couldn't get that youtube song started. It was ended.

You may always send me Russian songs that I may weep a little.

A great hug to you
and thanks
Bye
Laila

I have a Finnish nam,e. My mother was from Finland
"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!