Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
How to Win Friends and Influence People
1/21/2008 4:36:17 PM

***** NEVER sell a product or service.  Sell YOURSELF. *****
- It's really the only thing that people (need to) buy. -  
- a presentation by Gunther G.

Above is the key to the seminars and sales training workshops I have been giving since I "retired" in 1991.

Below is what has been the source of what has given me everything I will ever need in life.

How to Win Friends and Influence People is one of the first bestselling self-help books ever published. Written by Dale Carnegie and first published in 1937, it has sold more than 16 million copies. It has been translated to the main languages of the world. It was a New York Times best seller for 10 years. It is already over its 42nd edition.

The book gives tips and strategies for communicating with people. In contrast with some modern theories of psychology, which emphasize autonomy, self-expression and assertiveness, it echoes Lord Chesterfield's view that pleasing others is both a duty and a paradoxical route to personal success.

The book has four major sections. The core principles of each section are listed below.

Fundamental Techniques in Handling People

• "Don't criticize, condemn or complain."
  • "Give people a feeling of importance; praise the good parts of them."
  • "Get the other person to do what you want them to by arousing their desires."

Six Ways to Make People Like You

• "Become genuinely interested in other people."
  • "Smile."
  • "Remember that a man's name is to him the sweetest and most important sound in any language."
  • "Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves."
  • "Talk in the terms of the other man's interest."
  • "Make the other person feel important and do it sincerely."

Twelve Ways to Win People to Your Way of Thinking

• "Avoid arguments."
  • "Show respect for the other person's opinions. Never tell someone they are wrong."
  • "If you're wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically."
  • "Begin in a friendly way."
  • "Start with questions the other person will answer yes to."
  • "Let the other person do the talking."
  • "Let the other person feel the idea is his/hers."
  • "Try honestly to see things from the other person's point of view."
  • "Sympathize with the other person."
  • "Appeal to noble motives."
  • "Dramatize your ideas."
  • "Throw down a challenge."

Nine Ways to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment

• "Begin with praise and honest appreciation."
  • "Call attention to other people's mistakes indirectly."
  • "Talk about your own mistakes first."
  • "Ask questions instead of giving direct orders."
  • "Let the other person save face."
  • "Praise every improvement."
  • "Give them a fine reputation to live up to."
  • "Encourage them by making their faults seem easy to correct."
  • "Make the other person happy about doing what you suggest."

My friends, when you STOP SELLING and start making friends you will have taken a tremendous step towards your own success.

Care to join me?  Become my Associate and PASSIVELY promote yourself and you business interests here and join the others that have already done so. 

Here are 3 of my favorite quotes that will help you achieve success in whatever it is you do as they appear on my primary website.

"When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life." - Greg Anderson

"There are none so Blind, Deaf, and Dumb, as those that fail to Recognize, Understand, and Promote TRUTH." - Gunther G.

It ALWAYS hurts when you pat yourself on your own back. It's meant to. A much better way is to act in such a way that others will pat you on the back for what you do. That way BOTH parties feel better about the experience.  Gunther G.

Recommended websites to learn more about me and what I do.

http://viralurl.com/GENGRO/selfgrowth

http://viralurl.com/GENGRO/gengro4success/

Gunther G. - GENGRO Accounting and Business Consulting Services GENerating GROwth for Business and Individuals since 1991
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!