Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: WOMEN OF COURAGE - THIRD EDITION
1/14/2008 8:37:38 PM

Bless your heart Barbara,

These stories are all too common.  I really doubt that your mother caused the daughters to go crazy.  There is probably a hereditary factor.

I am so glad that you are so much better.  As for your sister, I will post this link again.  It belongs to a friend of mine who is a psychologist.  I will tell you that this diet will take care of your sister's mood swings.  And being that she is not on any medication, she will discover that as long as she follows this diet, she will not need any.  I would encourage her to read the entire site. 

http://www.hypoglycemia.asn.au/articles/beating_anxiety.html

Hugs,

Luella

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/14/2008 9:11:15 PM

Mike!!!!!!!!!!!

You have said it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you are correct in everything that you say!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,

Luella

PS.  Thank you and Shirley for the wonderful interview.  Ahem.... By chance have you spoken to Shirley yet or are you still sleeping?  I learned two things today.  Do you want to start with the good news or the bad news?  Okay, let's start with the good news.  Once I unmute the guest, even though the switchboard goes down, the guest is still connected.

And now for the other news..... Drum roll please.....  Just because the show has run out of time, and I even get the confirmation that the show is over, does not mean we are automatically off the air.......

My first blooper.

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/14/2008 9:26:52 PM

Hi Shirley!

Thank you for dropping in.  Becky is a member of Adlandpro.  I forgot to put her profile link under her picture.  I will post it here so you can invite her to be your friend and also on the first post.

http://community.adlandpro.com/go/116634/default.aspx

Hugs,

Luella

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/15/2008 12:02:46 AM

Hi Dear Friends

Luella May and Carla

Dear Becky

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
1/15/2008 4:42:22 AM
Thank you Carla, Luella and everyone for honoring me here. You've all made me feel very special. I do need to say one thing though...

It's hard to learn to trust doctors considering all the quacks out there who do subscribe medication without understanding or caring about the person or what it will do to them long term. But...there are circumstances that require the right medication and there are some wonderful very well educated physicians who do know what they're doing, It's easy to give advice to people and tell them to do this or that, but what works for one doesn't always work for everyone. We need to be careful about telling people not to take their meds or trying to prescribe anything when we don't fully understand and we're not fully trained to diagnose or treat anyone else.
I had years of experience with these drugs and had a lot of really good doctors. I don't blame them for the problems either. But the medicines they're giving today are based on a lot of studies and research and it's not the same thing as it was 30 years ago. I'm still bipolar and still need medication at times to help me manage it.
My advice to anyone who has problems with mood swings, social anxiety, obsession, compulsion or any other disorder that affects relationships, is to first understand that it's not your fault. Be open to receive help, and get with a doctor you trust. Be honest and open and tell them exactly what's going on with your thoughts and your moods. Don't try to hide it or cover it up, just let it go.
Realize that it's a chemical thing and not something you can control by "acting better" or trying harder.

You can't make it go away by pretending it doesn't exist. It's a real illness and it responds to medication. Just the same as diabetes or heart disease responds to insulin or nitroglycerin. When a doctor prescribes something for bipolar and it's the right drug for the specific person who needs it, it doesn't make you high or make you feel anything at all, it just makes you feel normal. And that's a good feeling when you forgot what normal feels like.

Becky
DID YOU KNOW? The U.S. Social Security Board reports that 85 out of 100 Americans reaching age 65 don't possess as much as $250. And only 2% are self-sustaining (the rest dependent on family, church, or the government)! Want to know what the "2-percenters" know that you don't? www.sfi4.com/11579740/FREE
+0