Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
The book of Certitude, Interpretations of the Jewish, Christian, Muslim scriptures
12/16/2007 2:44:26 PM

During His sojourn in Baghdad Bahaullah wrote  three of His most important works. One of these are  the 'Kitab-i-Iqan' (the Book of Certitude, which interprets the scriptures of the Jews, the Christians and the Muslims..
The Book of Certitude is a challenge to all agnostics and an answer to everyone who hold up to ridicule religion because of the  manifold  abstruse speeches and events, that have been written down in these scriptures. It also tells the story about continous and progressive Revelation and elaborates the mystic unity and connection that exists between the great world religions.                                                      'The Seven Valleys' was written as an answer to a learned sufi. In the language of mystic, deep and beautiful prose Bahaullah describes the different stages and conditions that the seeker must travel through during his spiritual quest and development."

For you, readers I have presented a small portion of this Book earlier
"The title of the article is,"T
he true seeker hunteth naught but the object of his quest"                                                 I have also  presented  some verses  from The Hidden Words. The article tiled The Hidden Words
see below:

"While Bahaullah was walking along the  riverbeds of Tigris He meditated upon how close God is to man and how far man is away from Him. He thought of the essence of all religion and wrote Hidden Words:"...

In the name of the Lord of Utterance, the Mighty

O YE PEOPLE THAT HAVE MINDS TO KNOW
AND EARS TO HEAR!
The first call of the Beloved is this: O mystic Nightingale!
Abide not save in the rosegarden of the spirit. O Messenger of the Solomon of love!
Seek thou no shelter except in the Sheba of the well beloved, and
O, immortal phoenix" dwell not save on the mount of faithfulness. Therein is thy habitation, if on the wings of detachment
thou soarest to the realm of the infinite and seekest
to attain thy goal.

The fame of Bahaullah was spreading continously and many people sought His help for  solving material and spiritual questions alike.
The Islamic priests , in their envy and fear, sought at whatever cost, to undermine His increasing influence. One of them took the task to visit Bahaullah and from Him demand an undisputable proof of the station of the Bab. The messenger came back and reporeted that he didn't find anything but the truth and righteousness in Bahaullah and that He was willing to expose evidence in this  matter, if the clergy thereafter accepted His authority..
Bahaullahs offer was rejected.They were afraid Bahaullah could convince them of His Truth. Instead the priests induced the shah to start negotiating with the Turkish sultan in order to get Bahaullah expelled there, to Turkey. The sultan agreed to this and  a short time after that Bahaullah was for the second time banished, as He received the order to turn up in Constantinople (Istanbul).

While a caravan was being supplied (furnished), a caravan that was to bring Him to Turkey, Bahaullah  and His nearest family and friends spent  twelve days in a garden He named Ridvan outside of Baghdad.. Their tents were pitched in beautiful surroundings of green trees, fluorishing  spring flowers  and  the singing of birds.
Here Bahaullah proclaimed His Revelation and His Mission, that He was the One Bab had promised to come, "Him Whom God would make Manifest". He declared this on 21st of April  in 1863
From that day His adherents were filled with the uttermost enthusiasm. Large crowds gathered to se a glimpse of the Prophet of the New Era and the governor of Baghdad came to pay his respect to Bahaullah.
The journey to Constantinople was somewhat like a triumf.
to be continued
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bahaullah+and+the+bahai+faith&search=Search
see also: www.Bahai.org    and   www.Bahai.us.
Bye for a while
Laila
"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The book of Certitude, Interpretations of the Jewish, Christian, Muslim scriptures
12/16/2007 3:37:53 PM

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: The book of Certitude, Interpretations of the Jewish, Christian, Muslim scriptures
12/16/2007 4:08:20 PM
    Hi Nick ,that was just  1 lovely
and 2 funny.
Thank you for making me laugh every day and keeping me company.

Bye for a while
Laila
"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!