Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Thanks Nick, How about a new Calendar starting at 1844
12/15/2007 5:04:24 PM

Thanks for reading my articles so diligently.Sweet cards as usual. thanks!                                                                                                                  We might as well have a new calendar,or what do you think!

All the great Revelations of the World Religions  and the civilizations that have sprung up from them have their own calendars. There is the Jewish, the Christian, the Islamic one. All these old calendars are unsuitable for our age. The world is one, mankind is one, the calendar must be one, a better, universal one to suit this international world.
And there is one, the Bahai Calendar, which is suitable for universal use. It is already in use by millions of people. As each day passes, as each hour, in a steadily increasing speed, the number of peoples who use it are growing.
Its Originator is the Bab, Herald of Bahaullah. It starts with 1844 and is a solar calender. The first day of the year is 21 March, at vernal eqinox, when the sun stands at the equator and day and night are equally long.
The year is divided in 19 months having 19 days and nights in each month. Thereupon comes 4 intercalendar days and nights, which are added by a leap-day every forth year.

The names are  wonderfully named with the attributes of God:

1  Bahá        Splendour           21 March

2  Jalal         Glory                    9 April

3  Jamal       Beauty                28 April

4  Azamat     Grandeur           17 May

5  Nur           Light                     5 June

6  Rahmat     Mercy                 24 June

7  Kalimat     Words                13 July

8  Kamal       Perfection            1  August

9  Asma        Names                20  August

10  Izzat         Might                   8 September

11  Mashiyyat  Will                   27 September

12  Ilm            Knowledge        16 October

13  Qudrat       Power                 4 November

14  Qawl          Speech              23 November

15  Masa'il        Questions        12 December

16  Sharaf        Honor               31 December

17  Sultan        Sovereignty     19 January

18  Mulk           Dominion          7 February

Ayyam-I-Há -Intercalendary  Days

26 Febr.- 1 March incl..

19  Alá             Loftiness            2 March

The 19 days of each month have the same name as the 19 months.

The Bahai Faith also have 9 Holy Days when we do not go to work.
Then there are 7 other days which are holidays, but we go to work on those days.

The International Bahai Community is a non -governmental non-political organisation working at UNESCO.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bahaullah+and+the+bahai+faith&search=Search

www.Bahai.org    www.Bahai.us

Bye for now
Laila

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Thanks Nick, How about a new Calendar starting at 1844
12/16/2007 4:07:03 AM

We are stuck in our houses up here in Brampton because of the storm so I am just sitting here having a Bud and wondering "What's Up"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwmjOUWr4rM

Click Above

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/16/2007 7:46:55 AM
       Yeaah
Whass up

Funny guys.

Yeahhh
ha ha ha
"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/17/2007 11:52:24 AM

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/17/2007 3:18:17 PM
    Hi Nick
I do not know if you got the letter me explaining why the photo of Bahaullah should not be published. You may have received a notice simply saying the photo is not to be published, you see  the photo is to be seen only as part of the pilgrimage program. That is correct. So why does this William publish this photo in a book. A photo of Bahaullah is not to be circled around because we humans are meant to know Him through His Word, which is the lovecreating, peacebringing  Word of God. When we meet Him , mysteriously, through His Oceanic Revelation we are Truly meeting Him, that is, in Spirit. Jesus said something similar, happy are they that do not see but still believe, remember. For the same reason there are no picturing of Muhammad either.

No  great harm done I also said,Do not be sad for this. But I took it away.
I just wonder if the photo of Bahaullah ,that you showed is a faked one. Could be. I cannot possibly understand how otherwise this William so and so would ever produce one. I learned that there is only one photo of Bahaullah when I was  on pilgrimage very long time ago, and  I remember He did look very stern, and weary, shortly released from the Black Pit, this one , of Mr William,is taken more from the front. If it is Bahaullah. I hardly remember His traits or features from that one photo which I watched for five minutes in the beginning of the 80ies.. The other photo of all those people, with Abdu'l-Bahá in the midst I have seen. It is circulated. There are several photos of Abdu'l-Baha. He did not want to be photographed either though. But He did it finally. For our sake. Also Abdu'l-Bahá is to be met through His Writings, that is the true meeting with Him too. Yes. And I have. I have even dreamt about them,doing things for me, once in a classroom. and these meetings are also true, because they are filled with love.
You made me very surprised, indeed.
But better is to study Bahaullahs  Word and  then only look at Him while on pilgrimage.
There is actually a portrait of Bab too. At the Archive. A painting in the old oriental stile, beautiful. He sitting under a tree, I think. Maybe it is the portrait that was done by the  artist that the Russian ambassador brought with him for that.
Anyway you haven't caused the heaven to crush down on us, not at all. But I will find out about that fellow.
What was his name again William?
I want to add that I feel you wished only well doing this publication as if for me, so thank you anyway.
Greetings from Laila
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!