Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
The Symbol of the Holy Spirit, a Woman
12/15/2007 9:59:13 AM
    In the former  religious dispensations  we have learned that the symbol of the Holy Spirit has been a Dove, a Bush, burning, and maybe a stone in the very beginning.  There has also been the man, a male angel, Gabriel.
SO all the kingdoms have been the carrier of the Holy Spirit.
Stone, probably universal, stoneage.
vegetable, 
Jewish
animal, 
Christian
man,  Gabriel, 
Islam
woman, the Maid of Heaven , the mystic Bride,  
Bahai Faith

A Symbol is a symbol, signifying something else.

Woman has been regarded as a kind of lower creature, to be without a soul and  was even to be counted as the source of evil and so
also her body was counted as evil. The devils favorite.
Not so in the Bahai Faith.

Bahaullah is sometimes referring to 'The Bride'

'The mystic and wondrous Bride, hidden ere this beneath the veiling of utterence,
hath now, by the grace of God and His divine favour, been made manifest even as the resplendent light shed by the beauty of the Beloved.
I bear witness , O friends!! that the favour is complete, the argument fulfilled, the proof manifest and the evidence established.
Let it now be seen what your endeavours on the path of detachment will reveal. In this wise hath the divine favour been fully vouchsafed unto you and unto them that are in heaven and on earth.
All praise to God, the Lord of all Worlds.

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The Symbol of the Holy Spirit, a Woman
12/15/2007 1:11:33 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!