Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Women directly addressed by the Almighty
12/15/2007 9:30:56 AM
 In former religious dispensations  men, solely, were given the revealed word by the Messengers. WOMEN WERE NOT EVEN ADDRESSED Women were to seek knowledge from their husbands. Even  the glorious Paul prescribed the old ways(Jewish) for women, to keep quiete and just listen in the assemblies.                                                  A letter by Bahaullah reveals He hath lifted the position of women

O My handmaiden and My leaf!
Rejoice with great joy inasmuch as thy call hath ascended unto the Divine Lote-Tree and is answered from the all-glorious Horizon, the Wronged One, the Exile.
  We have revealed Ourself unto men, have unveiled the Cause, guided all mankind
towards God's straight Path, promulgated the laws and have enjoined upon everyone that which shall truly profit them both in this world and  in the next; yet they have pronounced judgement to shed My blood, whereat the Maid of Heaven hath wept sore, Sinai hath lamented and the Faithful Spirit (Jesus) was made to sigh with grief.
 In these days the people have barred themselves from the effusions of divine grace by following in the footsteps of every ignorant one that hath gone astray. They have cast the Ocean of divine knowledge behind their backs and fixed their eyes upon such foolish men as claim to be well versed in learning without being supported by any evidence from God, the Lord of mankind.
  Well is it with thee inasmuch as thou hast forsaken idle imaginings and taken fast hold of the Cord of God - exalted be His glory. How numerous are the kings and queens on earth who, despite much yearning, anticipation and waiting, have been debarred from Him Who is the Desire of the world, while thou didst attain. God willing, thou mayest accomplish a deed whose fragrance shall endure as long as the Names of God - exalted be His glory- will endure.
By the righteousness of God! The title 'O My handmaiden' far excelleth aught else that can be seen in the world. Erelong the eyes of mankind shall be illumined and cheered by recognizing that which Our Pen of Glory hath revealed.
Blessed art thou and blessed is the mother that hath nursed thee. Appreciate the value of this station and arise to serve His Cause in such wise that the idle fancies and insinuations of the doubters withhold thee not from this high resolve. The Day-Star of certitude is shining resplendent but the people of the world are holding fast to vain imaginings. The Ocean of divine knowledge hath risen high whilst the children of men are clinging to the hem of the foolish. But for the unfailing grace of God- exalted be His glory - no antidote could ever cure these  inveterate deseases.
  Convey My greetings unto the handmaidens of God in that region and give them the joyful tidings that His tender mercy and grace are vouchsaved unto them. High indeed is the station We have destined for thee. It behooveth thee to yield praise and thanksgiving unto thy Lord, the Bountiful, the Most Generous. Glorified be God, the Exalted, the Great.

THE BAHAI  FAITH PROCLAIMS EQUALITY BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN

For the first time  in history  this has been proclaimed in a religions revealed books.This happened more than a hundred years ago in old Persia, where the religion of Islam was in a terrible state of decay , so this statement was regarded as dangerous in the highest degree , dangerous for the stability of order.              
( Sverre Holmsen, the enlightened Horizons)

Abdu'l-Bahá says: (My own falthy translation)
'In the past the world has been ruled with force. Men have dominated due to their aggressiveness, their physical strength ... But the balance is about to change. The language of force is loosing its dominating position, while spiritual awareness, intuition, love and serving _ the power of women - will  be rightly recognized.
The new era will be less masculine, more permeated by female ideals, or  more exactly expressed: The male and the female elements of civilization will  be   balanced..'

'I foresee a solar man and a siolar woman, he free from his power, she free from her slavery, and an unconquerable love that enlightens the black  emptiness. All must  give way for these  glowing eagles' Octavio Paz (My transl.)

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bahaullah+and+the+bahai+faith&search=Search

I will write more about women and the Bahai Faith

Bye for now
Greetings from
Laila
"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Women directly addressed by the Almighty
12/15/2007 3:21:17 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!