Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Agreements between Christs Faith and the Bahai Faith,+ my spiritual adventure
12/13/2007 10:50:15 AM
 Hello Everybody

Today I wish to tell you about the agreements between the Bahai Faith and the Christian.

The Bahai Scripture is one with the Bible

To be one with another doesn't mean to be exactly the same. We may say that just as the Old Testament differs from the New Testament, so also The Bible differs from the Bahai Faith. OK
Abdu'l-Bahá son of Bahaullah says:
The Cause of Bahaullah is the same as the Cause of Christ. It is the same Temple and the same foundation (Bahai World Faith 400)

Bahaullah says:

We testify that when He (Jesus), came into the world, He shed the plendour of His glory upon all created things. Through Him the leper recovered from the leprosy of perversity and ignorance. Through Him, the unchaste and wayward were healed, Through His power, born of Almighty God, the eyes of the blind were opened, and the soul of the sinner sanctified.(Gleanings 86)

The Guardian says:
The Faith of Bahaullah - if we would faithfully appraise it- can never, and in no aspect of its teachings, be at variance, much less conflict, with the purpose animating, or the authority invested in, the Faith of Jesus Christ. (World Order 185.)

Sometimes it is heard, the Bahais have accepted the Faith of Bahaullah simply because they do not know the Bible and the teachings of Christ. This is not the case.
Abdu'l-Bahá tells of the Bible as 'Holy Bible' , (Promulgation of universal Peace,198-9)  the Holy Book', (Tablets of Abdu'l-Bahá Abbas,218). He  says: people 'fail to understand its priceless beauty' (Paris Talks,48) He
urges Bahais to  'know the value of the Bible' and that: 'I beg of God through the confirmation and assistance of the True One thou mayest show the utmost eloquence, fluency, ability and skill in teaching the real significances of the Bible' (Tablets...143).
Again He says:'Look at the Gospel of the Lord Christ and see how glorious it is! (Paris Talks,48). 'You must follow the example and footprints of Jesus Christ. Read the Gospels' (Promulgation...42)

In Persia Bahaullah promoted the Bible,QAbdu'l-Bahá tells at an audience in America 1912):

Fifty years ago no one would touch the Christian Bible in Persia. Bahaullah came and asked,'Why?' They said, 'It is not the Word of God.' He said,'You must read it with understanding of its meanings, not as those who merely recite the words.' Now Bahais all over the East read the Bible and understands its spiritual teaching. Bahaullah spread the Cause of Christ and opened the Book of the Christians and Jews.

The New and Old Testament propounded throughout all regions the Cause of Christ and were the pulsating power in the body of the world.
(Selections from the Writings of Abdu'l-Bahá 223)

'let it be stated without any hesitation or eqivocation that....the divine inspiration of the Gospels is fully recognozed (The Promised Day is Come 109).

My Christian adventure:
Back in the beginnings of the 70ies I had been introduced to the Bahai Faith. I studied it for  about a year and , finding that my heart had been quickened or rather that I had got a new fresh one, "a honeyheart" I didn't know of before, through 'immersing' myself 'in the ocean of Bahaullahs Words', I declared my faith in Bahaullah and also His institutions, -the Administration. It was so simple. I wrote my name on a card, then I received each 19th day  a newsletter . I was also able to support it with material means.Anonymously .
I had organized myself , but still I tried to deepen myself still more. I found that as I was already organized I had to, according to the Bahai rules, step out of the organisation called" the Church".At that time "The Church was a "state church". I went to the Churche's office whereone's name is written , so one can get married  in the church and  pay tax to the church and so forth.
I said I want to leave "The Church". "Why", I was asked. "I have become a Bahai", I said. OK, he said, and my name was overstroken in the church book.
Very undramatic. Then I crossed the square at whose other side the old sand stone building of Lunds "high church" was erected one thousand year ago. I went inside to meditate and feel my feelings about what I had done. I read the verses of Bahaullah, sitting on the bench, I started also to read the Psalmbook. I began to sing the verses and I understood them!!! . They were not dull and lifeless as before,and all of a sudden , inside of me, I was lifted up in an indescribable Illumination and I was so amaaazed, I sat there being transported to still another heavenly dimension, which was Christs, on top of the one Bahaullah had transported me too earlier!!!!! I could  understand with a new Insight the immensity of Christs Immensity. The significance of His Significance, the Holiness  of Jesus Christ  and the inner meanings of all the Christian pious and humble prayers that had been prayed in that old building for hundreds of years. The building itself felt as if imbued with a new atmosphere, letting the prayers still vibrate between its high pillars. Letting the air breathe with a new Breathing. Words do not suffice here, I know, but one always tries to describe these things nevertheless. O heavenly Magic, how sweet it is.And there was such joy in all, that was the main thing, it is so dear to me all this .
I felt the tears , but I tried to sing the psalms, then I cried, then I sang. And
I wanted to sit there a long, long time. Maybe I did. Now, when I write about it, I feel it all over my body and still I am soo touched. This is such a precious Experience that one takes it with you right into the heaven of God and all His Messengers if one has ever felt it. I am really looking forward to see the Smile of Jesus, that Ihad recognized Him. Before, being Bahai, I had read Bahaullahs
scriptures praising Christ, urging me to study the Bible. I had come to understand why that day in church. The Bible is its own proof.
Its own Proof of being the Book of God. I do believe in spiritual resurrection.
How much I wish to convey to all and everybody that there is a Spiritual Awakening , a  Doubled Spiritual Adventure such the world hasn't seen since the old days, if you turn to both Bahaullah and Christ.
I am glad that I can tell you, my audience, about this.                                       When I have  told people over here about it, they get embarrased and look the other way. Only my Bahai friends have appreciated it , nodding their heads slowly and also in some cases told similar stories.I have kept  this story  of mine to you too, -now I feel there was a meaning that I should meet the Adlandpeople. at the Religion and Belief pages.

Bye for now

Laila

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Agreements between Christs Faith and the Bahai Faith,+ my spiritual adventure
12/14/2007 3:22:07 AM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!