Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Good Morning Nick,+ what the paleoantropologists found in Africa
12/13/2007 8:29:52 AM
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, this is a great moment.You have also written a sweet letter!, and I feel most comforted , it really means a lot to me, you should know!!!! I feel so good, know this! I have received your card and your greetings with the greatest joy. This is so wonderful.
You see I have been met with silence for about 37 years. But,  I have developed some obstinacy upon that.  You see ,Here were I live people are  mostly onesidedly believers in science as a model of philosophy, leaving the question of God and His blessings on the shelf, not daring to touch the question of life hereafter, which is the cornerstone of Faith."Just in case there is no life". Who, they say, "could possibly know anything about such an abstruse thing". Well, I have taken them seriously, such is their state of mind, but still friends of mine they are. However, I am looking right out into space instead, sending signals, and there you are Nick! and some other people who seem to be gathered here. Hello to you too, all of you! Welcome to write at my Forum, you are invited too. This is an open forum, one doesn't have to be a member.
Smiles, yes aren't they important. I very much liked the St:Claus kissing the little white dog, which he held in the air. And I also remember other cards which made me laugh and feel good. They are  really funny many of them.
"Laughing is spiritual relaxation" says Abdu'l-Bahá.

I can tell you that my art, garden pots, made of painted fibre-concret, are often smiling or meditating: see:WWW.Newartforgardens.com. The site begins with a broad smile by miss Rococo and ends with (in"Utvalda verk") with a clown, a selfportrait, called Sjalvportratt. The very last face with the ribbon across the eyes is me on becoming a Bahai  stepping out of spiritual  blindness, the ribbon being removed by   Master Designer God.----I make my pot-faces smile and so I smile and then we go on smiling at each other.When the eyes are designed I feel that somebody is looking at me, and I get as people say, a kick out of that. I love faces, and as there aren't faces enough around, I fetch them from  my memory or my fantacy.
If I make anything nowadays it is small African faces of women,even while sitting in bed.  I have recently made figures  for an archeologic exhibition, figures called hominines or hominoids, those peoples who later developed into Homo Sapiens, our one and single race. I have dived deep into the paleoantropologists litterature about the the ages when man was developed. On the basis  of photos of  more or less "mended"fossils,  I have madesmall 40 cm:s high figures with paperclay who represent them, to be shown at the Medieval Museum nearby. I have come to know that man developed fully into Homo Sapiens while still in Africa around 200 000 B.C..  This is my favorite theme. They started to emigrate around 80 000 or 90 000 is is discovered.Into the mediterranean area. But these figures may change. This is what is known nowadays.
When I had come really close to these findings made by the tireless paleoantropologists a few decades ago I was  filled with a new sensation of wonder and a very fine feeling of having come HOME TO MANKIND!!!!. Before this I only knew about the 15 000 year old cavepaintings  of Altamira (Spain) and Lascaux (France) and of Venus from Willendorff, which is quite old.                Now, studying these early peoples I realised that science, in this field, our origine, so clearly and comforting was in agreement with the Bahai Faith, BUT  Bahaullah was first more than hundred years ago, to say mankind is ONE ORGANIC UNIT. At that time people were trading and keeping Africans as slaves, fully exposing the age old shameless view that some peoples are worth nothing. But not until the years of 20 or 30 years back from now, had man himself found that there is actually only one race of men, Homo Sapiens. All the others have disappeared, that is the hominids, hominoids, one of which is the famous type Lucy,( Australopithecus afarensis) They had spread too,( like the fast runner Homo Erectus,), at intervals in very remote ages, several millions. The last hominid "died out" on the island of Flores about 12 000 years ago. It was a population of dwarfsized Homo Erectus. Several sceletons were found. They were only 98 cm:s tall. And around there were dwarf elephants too, which they probably hunted, and huge reptiles.
I have been so exited about this and receiving a new fresh feeling of love for mankind as a family of mine that I think it is one of the workings of God, who confirms that when true religion and true science are free to  complement each other, these feelings of happiness pops up into your heart.
I even think I have experienced this, which is said by Abdu'l-Bahá: "When religion, freed from superstition, traditions and unwise doctrines, show that it is in agreement with science, a great, uniting and cleansing forcewill  be infused into the world, a force that shall wipe away war, disharmony,troubles and strides and then mankind will be united through the power of Gods Love.
If I cannot say I have travelled in the dimension of time,  I can say that it is wonderful and surely a blessed thing to be at work, combining my art , some scientific knowledge and my faith into a harmonious unit.
In spring I hope to make a site of my own on a studying course, teaching webdesign, if I am not too stupid. It, the site, shall contain these  Australopithecuses, like Lucy and other great personalities of the millions of years that are behind us.

I have made a long pause since I made those works, I am mostly sitting at the computor,delivering as many messages  as possible about what I hold to be the Message of the Age. I am waiting to start another job in january too so I have some time to "contact the world" in between. And the world has contacted me, that's YOU. Thank you  again, for your friendly response, Nick.

I thought I would write about  agreements between the Bahai Faith and Christs Faith but, there will be  new threads for that. Welcome to read that too. Nick.

Bye for now
Laila

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Good Morning Nick,science and religion are in harmony
12/16/2007 10:46:02 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!