Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
The murder of the Bab II
12/10/2007 2:43:31 PM
    That youth was immediately arrested. He was thrown into the cell together with the Báb and was sentenced to death along with Him. Already while the Bab first time had passed through Tabriz, journeying to the prison in Mah Ku, Muhammed Ali had come to know about the new Faith and immediately become a believer. He had longed to visit the Báb in His prison to give his own life for the Faith, but his step father, who was one of the most known citizens of the town  had refused to let Muhammed leave the city. He feared that his step son would put the family to shame through his public confessing of his belief in the Báb. The youth was strictly confined in a room. During this isolation forced upon him, he suffered much and became severely ill.
But one day, while he lay in his cell, he experienced a mighty vision, a radiant dream that was real to him, and in which the Báb stood infront of him, smiling and greeting him with these words:
'Arise! Rejoice!, the hour is approaching, when I, in this town (Tabriz) shall be hung up in front of  the eyes of a multitude and when I shall be the victim of the fired arms of the enemy. I shall choose none other than thee to share the chalice of martyrdom. Rest assured of this  My promise to be fulfilled.'
'I was filled with extacy at the beauty of this vision, Muhammad told. 'When I had calmed down I was as if immersed into an ocean of joy, the radiance of which all the sorrows of the world couldn't conceal. That Voice kept  ringing in my ears, the sight of it followed me day and night and the memory of that smile has taken away the solitude of my imprisonment.''
In a state of tranquillity and joy that youth lived on with a firm belief in   the visionairy meeting he had had with the Báb and that the promise was  beginning to be fulfilled as he was brought into the death cell together with the Báb.

Already forty days before the order was issued that He was to be transferred to Tabriz, the Báb had placed His manuscripts, documents, seals and His pen box in a big box, that was sent to Bahaullah by one of the  eighteen pupils of the Báb. Bahullah was that Great Person, Whose appearance the Báb repeatedly had proclaimed. The first sound of the trumpet had called. The Message of the New Age and the Promised Manifestation had been  delivered to men, the door had been opened and the Bábs heroic sojourn on earth was approaching its fulfillment.
The eye witness Siyyid Husayn has told us about the last eve of the Báb on earth. His, the Bábs countenance was shining with joy. Happily and joyfully He communicated with His friends and He seemed wholly untouched by the strom that raged around Him. The sorrows that had engulfed Him were  completely blown away. He had fulfilled His Mission, The moment of liberation was at hand and He prepared His friends  for His being dead the next day.

Early next day, on the 9th of July 1850, the the officer on guard came to fetch the Báb to the leading group of jurors of Tabriz. They were to authorize   the sentence of death by their signatures and in that way avoid the signing of the document by the prime minister himself and who  had  the  full responsibility (for the execution of the Bab)
The Báb was at that time engaged in a conversation with His secretary Siyyid Husayn, who had spent his time together with the Báb during the whole period of imprisonment. Báb now gave Husayn a few prescriptions during those last minutes and told him, among other things not to reveal that he was a believer,in order that he later would be able to tell the world what he alone would come to know and be the witness of.

To be continued

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bahaullah+and+the+bahai+faith&search=Search

www.Bahai.org    and    www.Bahai.us

Bye for now
Laila
"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!