Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: HTML LESSON 2
11/21/2007 11:27:23 AM
Hello Daniel,

I am following along on lesson two.  I very much
enjoyed your easy to follow and great explanations,
especially the why's, html was named and how it
works, writing to other computers and how the
browser reads this information to show up.  I did not really understand this - I just learned to use these instructions.- yet would never been able to explain
why..

I did my first pages using geocities and the drop and
drag formular, then as I got more experienced I was
able to start sorting out from reading from other
peoples  'source page' (that would let me) - and
copying their frames, what they had in them and adapting with my own information.

I would copy and paste from this first page for my
next page and built up from there.  It has been a long and slow, yet rewarding lessons. 
I went back over my old pages to redo and change
the look. I use to do all my pages from the website,
now that I have my own website I use notepad and keep a copy in my folder to edit.

Kind regards
Amanda
+0
Daniel Meritt

541 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/22/2007 9:20:59 AM
Hi Amanda

I am happy to hear that you are following along !

Thanks Great...It been hard putting this together as I'm not sure where everybody stands as far as their knowledge in HTML.

It can be very complicated to some and very easy to others.

Myself I prefer to use note pad and just save it as an .HTML this way I can play with it until I get It the way I like it then simply copy the code and paste into what ever I'm working on.

I don't like doing live changes until I know the script work's well...As you may of found out the hard way if you make a mistake Its tough to find the error sometimes.

Like you said viewing the source code and taking parts out of it and adding it to your site is a Great Way to Learn HTML.

Just to let everybody know that is not sure how to do this.

Go to the top of your page and clcik on View then Page Source and you can see the Code that made that page.

Practice makes perfect !

Daniel

+0
Daniel Meritt

541 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/22/2007 10:06:02 AM
Hi Folks

I got a nice surprise today when I woke up I looked in my E-Mail and found out that Pauline Nominated me for   POTW    :)

What a Surprise that was !

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/886212.aspx

Daniel
+0
Neil Sperling

1645 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/22/2007 5:38:09 PM
Daniel

GREAT JOB !!!

I'm following along......

I've been using a cheet method.... LOL I have Front Page so it allows me to make my pages by WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) and I copy past the source code on websites..... but I have found a snag with that method as Microsoft uses it's own codes and some websites doNOT reconize that code.... so I am really looking forward to he rest of your lessons!

Just think - Newbies and pros will be able to come to this forum 5 years from now and you wont have to re- do hte lessons --- they are already here.....

You could also make a copy of your lessons (when completed) and save them as a PDF for example and offer the complete book as a download... WOW you are onto something bigger than you ever thought - and I bet you never thought of doing that until I mentioned it.... hook the pdf up to an auto-responder and BOOM you have another way of building a list.....

Now take note - "all you readers of this thread" - I just gave you ALL a huge idea! How do you think the so called internet guru's got their e-books to sell/give away ---- they did it one page at a time --- just like Daniel is doing here ---- what lessons are you able to share that will get you off on another tool for YOUR business's.....

Love Light and Laughter!

Neil Sperling MB

+0
Harold St-pierre

150 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/22/2007 11:24:12 PM

Hi Daniel,

To help you out I just posted a free camtasia so you can better explain html

using the power of videos.

Your friend