Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Rachel Gawith

9 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Alaska, My Home for 30 years.
9/26/2005 5:20:29 AM
Would love to visit Alaska someday! Rachel **************************************** Have you never really succeeded online? Never made a decent income? Would you like to start now? http://www.M2CGlobal.com?id=786644 ****************************************
+0
Craftie Linda

1349 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/26/2005 5:49:09 AM
Hi Kathy No I have not and I am not to sure with all the weather trouble. Thanks Linda
+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/28/2006 10:39:11 AM

Hi Kathy,

I spent an enjoyable 3 months (Sept 1981 through november 1981) Working as navigation consultant for the dredger Bima and its support survey ship looking for gold just off shore from Nome.

The main thing that impressed me was actually seeing the northen lights litterally just above me during the long nights. Also just before I left the sea was starting to freeze over and that is also something amazing to see happening before your very eyes.

I was also very suprised that once used to it I didnt really notice the low temperaturs as long as the winds were not adding a chill factor.

I also had the privelidge to see the famous Calypso with its special vain sails that Jaques Coustau (spelling?) ownes there. Unfortunatly I didnt get to see him. 

+0
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/28/2006 10:46:05 PM
BJ, So good to hear from someone that has been there and experienced the beauty of Alaska. I have never been to Nome or seen the sea freeze before my eyes. That has to be an awesome experience. Did you find Gold? The Northern Lights are truly a great sight. A ghostly, yet beautiful sight. When we first went to Alaska in 1957, the lights were such bright colors and now they seem less colorful and still they are beautiful.
+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/29/2006 5:51:47 PM

Hi Kathy,

The short answer is yes, there is gold to be found in the seabed there, but I am still bound by my oath not to reveal details. Only the company I contracted to could do that.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!