Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Alaska, My Home for 30 years.
8/4/2005 11:10:05 PM
Hello and welcome to our Forum about Alaska. Alaska was my home for 30 years, until 1988, when we moved south. I wanted a change and wanted to get warm. :) So we moved to Alabama. What a drastic change. Even though it was time for a change, my heart is still in Alaska. I absolutely love the summers there. The winters are beautiful, but way toooo long. You can read some of my stories about growing up there and working there at my website: http://www.JimAndKathysCorner.com You can also find my husband's short stories about growing up in Alabama at that same website. Tell us where you lived in Alaska or where you visited. Did you drive up there or did you take a cruise? What is your favorite spot? Favorite activity?
+0
Craftie Linda

1349 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Alaska, My Home for 30 years.
8/5/2005 5:59:35 AM
Hi Kathy Thanks for the invitation and the information about your Country. Linda
+0
Len
Len Berghoef

1472 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/5/2005 11:49:18 AM
Hi Kathy, I love Alaska! I spent a lot time there in my younger years before I was married. First time I went there was in 1966. I went there to visit my uncle. I have driven there from Michigan many times, 4500 miles one way. Anchorage is a beautiful city with all the mountains surrounding it. My wife and I lived there just a few years. We loved to go to Portage Glacier. We have climbed Flat Top Mountain, hiked through Crow Pass. There were so many great places to go camping and fishing! There is no place quite so special for me as Alaska. Glad you had the opportunity to live there. I'm sure you have many stories to tell. I will be sure to visit your website. Your friend, Leonard Berghoef
Start a 2nd income and get out of debt! http://alturl.com/aw4yv
+0
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/7/2005 2:05:33 AM
Leonard, Thanks for the response. I agree Anchorage is a beautiful city. I miss the mountains. Here in Alabama, they refer to the mountains, which look to me like hills. They don't know what they are missing. We also love going to Portage Glacier and seeing all the blue ice up close and personal. We used to go their and put our car on the train to ride thru the tunnel to Whittier and then catch the ferry to ride around the Glacier Bay. What a place. You see birds, otters, whales, etc. Until recently the only way to Whittier was thru this tunnel. Now you can drive there. One of my favorite hidden spots is Hope, Alaska. One of the last working Gold Mining Towns. They still have mailorder brides. This is a beautiful and rustic spot. True Alaska. More later...
+0
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/7/2005 2:07:14 AM
Linda, Nice to hear from you. I see you are from the UK. Never been there yet, but it is one of the places I would love to visit. Have you ever been to the USA? Talk to you soon,
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!