Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Panda Pointer-Make Your First Forum Part 2
9/18/2007 1:27:36 PM
MAKING YOUR OWN FORUM PART 2 If you did all the pre-planning suggested yesterday, let's begin making your first forum. >>On your main page, click on networking tab >>On the left menu bar, click on forums >>choose Admin (administration) a new page opens You will see this message: Welcome to Adlandpro Setup Wizard We will guide you through all steps needed to create and optimize your Community Forum. Please enter all required information to ensure setup success. >>choose next: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Edit an Existing Forum (actually you are making your first forum.) >>Enter Forum Name >>Choose category >> Write a description >> Choose to Moderate or allow free posting >> Membership, choose public, moderated, or Private >> click on next Here's a sample: forum name: Celebrate Our Different cultures description: Adlandpro is a group of networking friends from many different cultures. Let's celebrate..........................etc. etc. I choose moderate to make sure posting is to the subject and not ads. I choose public because I want it to be announced to all my friends. If this was my uvme business it would be a private forum so that I can work with my team. Going away for a vacation, choose moderated. >>choose next or go back and change previous information +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Invite Forum Members You will see your forum name and category >>Choose friends to invite or click on select all friends box. Note: as you add new friends always come back here and click the little box to add the newest friends to the invite. >> choose < back (to change information), next> (to go to next page) or skip (you have already done this page and just passing through again. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ New Friends: add people from your downline lists, address book. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ New Thread------Post a New Message ( this is actually your first thread) >>Give your page (thread) a title >>subject: write your message(body) of your thread >>choose to finish DON'T CHOOSE SKIP or there will be no thread sent with the forum notice. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Last page just tells you the url for your forum, which you might like to put on your favorites menu. It is the link to your forum, your threads will have their own urls. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Next Thread: >>Go to forums on menu >>choose admin your forum page opens >>click on your forum name >>page opens, choose the button for new forum. >>make a title for your thread and type your message, >> scroll to the bottom, click on spell check, click on post button The second thread won't be as easy as you will be dealing with 2 different types of printing modes. Type your script on notepad and make sure you are on simple mode unless you are familar with html. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ I hope this covers the subject correctly as making the first forum is a little different than when I struggled through the process. Hopefully your frustration will be a lot less than mine was. Note: On your admin page, there are two little buttons "Edit" and "delete". Edit will take you to the wizard where you change the information on your forum. Watch out for the button (red circle with white cross) as you will lose the whole forum. That also is the method of removing a forum. Managing the forum will be the next subject on Part 3 We will also work with the different modes of script.
+0
Re: Panda Pointer-Make Your First Forum Part 2
9/19/2007 12:07:29 PM
Hi Mary, So for me to invite all my new friends I need to go back to the Wizard, right? I'm so behind on this that I'd like to send the invite to all my friends; will it confuse people who are already members? Then I can start keeping up as I add new friends along the way. I never knew how to invite new people to my forum - I always thought that by clicking 'notify all members' all my friends would be notified. Silly me!
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Panda Pointer-Make Your First Forum Part 2
9/19/2007 12:54:11 PM
Hi Lorraine, Oh so "We Never Stop Learning". Friends who have been following your forum threads have no idea who you have invited. Every forum thread gets mailed to someone following your forum but now you are offering the opportunity to others to join.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!