Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: GREEN WIZ I love PLANTS !
10/7/2007 6:02:12 PM
THE GREEN TEAM!!!! http://www.greenwiz.com/members/grimlock Sign-up now to Grow the Good $tuff!
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: GREEN WIZ I love PLANTS !
10/8/2007 11:29:41 PM
THE GREEN TEAM!!!! We have a money Tree ! http://www.greenwiz.com/members/grimlock Sign-up now to Grow the Good $tuff!
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Money Tree
10/9/2007 1:05:02 PM
We have planted a MONEY TREE come join our Branches ! Terminology ! Abortive Only partially developed such as incomplete seed or frost-nipped bud. Accent plant to catch attention because of it's color or form. Acid rain Rainwater that contains sulfur dioxide and other pollutants. Acid soil soil with a ph lower than 7.0 (higher would be alkaline). Acidity is measured by the amount of lime (calcium) contained in your soil. Aeration Loosening or digging the soil to increase air and water penetration Alkaline soil with a ph level of more than 7, (lower is acid). Amendments substances added to the soil to improve its quality Annual a plant that completes its life cycle in a single year. Annual ring A concentric circle of wood produced in the tree trunk. These rings can be used to determine the age a tree. Aphids insects that look like black, yellow, green, or white grains of rice, and suck the juices of new growth on plants.
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Money Tree
10/9/2007 1:07:35 PM
Balled and Burlapped (B&B) a method of plant preparation in which the roots are contained inside a moist "ball" of rich planting material, and wrapped in burlap to protect it during storage and transport. Bareroot plants sold or transplanted with the roots loose rather than contained in a wrapped soil ball or container. Often used for roses. Bed a specific area in your garden or yard in which plants are grouped together. Often with a plastic, brick or wood border but not always. (flower bed, vegetable bed) Biennial a plant with a life cycle that spans two years Bolting vegetables which quickly go to flower rather than producing the food crop. Usually caused by late planting and too warm temperatures. Bonsai the art of growing carefully trained, dwarf plants in containers. Broadcast to randomly disperse seeds or other material across a set area. Bulb thickened underground storage organ of the group of perennials which includes daffodils and tulips. Bulblet an immature small bulb formed at the base of a mature bulb; e.g hyacinth.
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Money Tree
10/11/2007 11:44:44 AM
The Seven Principles of Health 1. Fresh Air & Sunshine 2. Water 3. Whole Foods 4. Physical Activity 5. Loving Relationships 6. Passion 7. A Good Night’s Sleep
+0