Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Panda Pointers-Spam can be good
9/6/2007 12:05:09 PM
Spam Makes a Mighty Fine Sandwich When my husband was a student at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan we had only my teaching income of $4,300 to live on for the year. The last meal before Fri. pay day was either a can of spam or a can of tuna. Now one cannot fool themselves with the can of tuna but the can of soup and some veggies made it palatable. However the spam, could be scored and cloves could be inserted to give it flavor. The cloves and a little brown sugar and we believed we were eating the poor man's ham. Modern American suburbanites will do anything to rid the yard of dandelions to the point of spending count ess hours of digging them out or pay big bucks to have them poisoned by TruGreen or Lawnworld. The other option would be toeat them. After all we can thank the English for bringing them to America when they wanted nice salad greens. So what is the point of this discussion? Well it would be so obvious you would wonder why you didn't think of it. Don't you just hate getting all that advertisment in your personal mail. It could make you so angry causing you to send very unkind words to the sender. OOO---stress is not kind to our health and certainly does not win friends or influence people. Spam on the internet is a swear word or wait maybe it is the word for opt-in lead. Yep, each person who contacts you is another person who can be a listening ear to what you want to promote. Sending back an ad is not what I mean. Perhaps a nice note or thank you would catch the eye of the so called spammer. When they look at your signature line, might they see who and what you represent. Invite them to join your friends list. Do the same when you delete a post. So I would say, Spam by another name could be the poor man's ham. Well, unless you want to pay for old names of non-existant lead-ins. Personally I like a live name, with an address that has a profile that can be reached.
+0
Bruce Butler

186 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Panda Pointers-Spam can be good
9/6/2007 12:40:05 PM

Mary: I remember eating spam during the 2nd world war and enjoying it as I do today. 

I would like to mention one of the members suggested we send out cards which is a great idea, but not too long ago people were sending cards containing very bad virus's and worms so be very careful

Thanks, Bruce  Seaweedman

http://www.Seaweed4u.ws Seaweedman Help Veterans
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/6/2007 12:59:06 PM

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the memories.  Since I stopped eating meat, I'd almost forgotten how good a Spam Burger, with a healthy slice of vine-ripened Tomato and a juicy slice of Vidalia Onion, could taste.  Now I'm hungry again.

Once again, you're right on the money with this helpful tip.  Some of my best Friends, as well as some of my most productive Associates, were once upon a time Spammers.  In their case at least, all it took were some kind words and a friendly invitation.

Thanks Again My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
9/7/2007 4:56:52 PM
Hi Mary, My opinion of edible Spam isn't too high, so I'll leave it be. But if Phil is still listening, the Boca burgers and Morningstar black bean burgers are excellent with tomato and Vidalia onion slices! I'd agree with you, Mary, about Spam that is received here in Adland sent by Adlanders. However, using the technique with your outside mailboxes might cause a real backfire effect. Let's say you receive a Spam letter. Sometimes the person is sending out a 'one time only' mailing and there's no harm done sending back an ad. But there are some who are using automatic mailers that only need to know that the mailbox is 'live' for the machine to start spitting out mail by the bushel. Caution, my friends! Now, pass the tomatoes, please...
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/7/2007 7:07:31 PM

Hi Lorraine,

Thanks to Mary, I am now aware of that "little box" up in the left-hand corner, so I can keep track of Forums I'm following, so yes, I've got my ears on.

Edible Spam is definitely an acquired taste. I have to assume that my Mom made certain that we acquired it when we were growing up.  My mom was cursed with Diabetes, High Cholesterol and Hypertension, among others, during the final 10-15 years of her life, so I am very familiar with Morningstar products, and I agree that they are quite good.  My Jury is still out on the Bocca Burgers.  Let's face it, with big ol' slice of Vidalia Onion and Juicy Tomato, just about anything tastes good.  You ought to try it with Fried Liver Pudding or better yet, Liver Mush.

But back to the original subject, thank you for pointing out that what works here at Adland, doesn't work nearly so well outside in that other world.  I was remiss in not mentioning that myself.  Isn't it great to have friends that care?  I have fallen victim to the dreaded auto-responders many times in the past.  Thank Heavens for filters.

Thanks Again And Have A Blessed Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!