Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: FORTY-THIRD EDITION: WOMEN OF COURAGE
9/9/2007 7:33:41 AM

Dear Luella and John,

Somehow seven too fast birds of the week`s days have flowen away, and I could miss to come and thank you for honoring this incredible woman of courage. 

Her story has touched me very much. All so called "regions in transition" suffer due the same illnesses: luck of human rights, black economy, big crime - and mafia have control on all aspects of life .

Unfortunately, we at my region, struggle with the same temptation. A lot of young girls and kids from Eastern Europe (the most from Moldova, Ukraine ....) come here through illegal channels and they are sold in so called "white slaves" ... What can ONE MAN DO ?

Somaly Mam shows us - at least :  single man / woman with enough courage can help the rest of "normal" world to pay attention  :(  .    AND WHAT NOW???

I am sure they will not benefit because I cann`t stop crying ...

SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL!

Dear Luella and John, thank you. This is a Corner of The Better World and I will cherish it the most is possible!

HUG AND BLESS YOU,

Branka

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/10/2007 12:24:06 PM

Hello Sam!

Thank you for your visit.  Somaly through her actions of one woman saving innocent girls now makes a dent in the world as the makes their plight known to the entire world.

Hugs,

Luella

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/10/2007 12:26:44 PM

Hi Sharon!

And I have ordered it through Books A Million.  I plan to go in and talk to the manager.  Maybe through Somaly's story he will be compelled to feature her book.

Hugs,

Luella

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/10/2007 12:36:28 PM

Hello Terry,

It is very amazing that man has to mar such a beautiful world with such ugliness.

One woman who had her innocence taken from her in such a way now helps others.  Not many possess this selfless love.

Hugs,

Luella

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/10/2007 12:39:56 PM

Hello Beth,

Somaly indeed needs all our prayers.