Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
A website that is fighting the Nigerian Scammers
7/27/2005 11:43:28 AM
Hello Everyone. Whilst researching something totally different, I came across this website that is fighting the scams & cons eminating from Nigeria.

The owners of this site are now under constant threat of physical violence from the so called Nigerian Scammers.

We tend to find these con/scam emails as irratating or nuisances.
The thing is, lots of people are falling for them & it is a very lavish source of income for these people, as some gulible unwitting people on the Internet, let their greed for easy money overcome their common sense.

As this site is trying to educate users of the Internet on the dangers of getting involved with these criminals, even to just replying to them, let alone actually believing them & getting involved. They now are receiving abusive threating emails. See for yourselves the extent of this menace, & why these scammers feel justified in what they are doing.
"Warning"
The language & content of a lot of the emails on this site from the scammers is very offensive, if you feel you may be upset or in some way offended, please do not read the threats that this site has on file from the scammers.

http://www.nigerianscams.org/

I am in no way connected to this website, I just thought that as a lot of Adlandpro members have commented on these emails in the past, that they might want to see the extent of the menace & the violent criminals behind them.
Be warned about them, before you get caught by these criminals Anthony.
+0
Donna Lira

572 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: A website that is fighting the Nigerian Scammers
8/22/2005 1:26:17 AM
Hello Anthony, I just got an email from one of our Adlandpro members about this same thing and wanted me to help her spread the word about a Lottery scam. Here is what had happened: From Giovanna Romano: WARNING.. PLEASE READ AND HELP ME SPREAD THE WORD!! Date: 8/22/2005 Hi.. I am writing to you because very recently a friend of mine was robbed of $ 50,000 all because of a personal deal offered through a similiar letter like the one below.. Please note that these are fraud letters.. I receive one almost everyday.. The Canadian RCMP have told her that they are in no way able to help her at this time.. they have 750 cases in their hands of such nature.. and so it will be 2 years. before they can assist her case.. I am begging you to please ignore these letters and don't give these people the satisfaction to rob you of your life savings.. My friend was supposed purchase a house with the savings and instead now she has to sell her furniture.. She went to the UK to meet some wonderful business people .. supposedly.. and refused to tell me what it was all about, insisting that it was a surprise.. and when she was going to return .. she would invest in my business.. and everyone would be happy...The worste part .. is that these people pretended to be true Christians.. very familiar with scriptures.. and joined her in the Christian chat rooms.. and played along with her.. until she made that trip .. and they stole her money.. then they disappeared .. Be aware.. a true lottery or fund transfering favours do not need any money upfront.. so be aware of who you are dealing with.. One man went to look for these people who had robbed him and never returned.. These people are not afraid to kill ..stay away from them..I am warning you because many of them are part of business groups.. and they hide among us and try to scam us.. Two years ago my brother almost got scammed.. but he sensed something fishy when they asked for money as deposit.. he backed out! Thanks to me and my other brother.. we knew it was a scam.. This is team work.. IF THERE WEREN' T CUSTOMERS THERE WOULD NOT BE ANY PROSTITUTES.. So let's educate our friends and families.. and business collegues.. and networking friends.. let's do it together.. PLEASE SEND THIS EMAIL TO ALL PEOPLE YOU KNOW ON YOUR EMAIL LIST.. AND SPEAK OF THIS TO ALL YOU KNOW.. I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.. IF ALL OF CANADA AND USA AND ALL OTHER COUNTRIES BECOME AWARE OF THESE SCAMS.. LET'S SEND A GLOBAL WARNING.. IF YOU HAVE FRIENDS IN THE MEDIA .. TELL THEM TO WRITE ABOUT IT.. LET'S PUT THESE PEOPLE OUT OF BUSINESS! THANK YOU FAITHFULLY iiuva@sympatico.ca =================NATIONAL LOTTERY UK-LOTTO Headquarters: Customer Service Ref: /DISGIL/763276/03 Batch: 074/05/ZY3 02/03/2005 WINNING NOTIFICATION We happily announce to you the draw of the UK-National Lotto Sweepstake Lottery International programs held on 25 March, 2005 in UK. Your e-mail address attached to ticket number:26-47-19-26-47-74-46,with Serial number 5073-11 drew the luckynumbers:26-47-19-26-47-74-46 ,which subsequently won you the lottery in the 2nd category. You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of BP 500,000.00{FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND BRITISH POUNDS}in cash credited to file REFNO.SGIL/763276/03 .This is from a total cash prize of GBR 10,000,000.00{TEN MILLION GREAT BRITISH POUNDS} shared among the Twenty lucky winners in this category. All participants were selected randomly from World Wide Web site through computer draw system and extracted from over 100,000 companies. This promotion takes place annually. Please note that your lucky winning number fall within our West African Bureau as indicated in your play coupon. In view of this, your GBP500,000.00{FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND BRITISH POUNDS)would be released to you by our payment office in Europe when you must have been cleared by our office in West Africa. Our West african agents will commence process as soon as you contact them to facilitate the release of your funds as soon as possible.You have 1 month to do this .Your prize awards has been insured in your names and ready for claim. To begin your claims therefore, you are advised on final notice and as a matter of urgency,to contact our licensed and accredited claim agent for Overseas Lottery Winners for the processing of your prize awards winning and payment to your designated bank account after all statutory obligations have been concluded satisfactorily. Contact thus: CONTACT OUR FIDUCIARY; Donald Smith (MSc) Austin_James20042000@yahoo.com with the following information: Your Full name......... Age........... Sex........ Reference Number....... Batch Number......... Country of origin............ Residential Address........ Occupation .......... Position............ Telephone And Fax Number..... For due processing and remittance of your prize to you. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Yahoo! Sports Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football =================================== Dear Friend, I am very sure that this mail will bring lots of surprises and curiosity to you since there was no previous correspondence before now between us. I am Dr Lloyd Wright, a solicitor at law to late Sir Avinash Magiwah, a late Indian businessman based in the United Kingdom. As the attorney to late Sir Avinash Magiwah, I was his confidant as he shared with me virtually everything about himself, his family and his business. I was his attorney for 15yrs and during that period I wrote his will and was also named as the executor, which has since been fulfilled after his demise. I am also aware due to my closeness to him that the amount eighteen million British pounds (18,000,000) deposited with a bank in Europe was not willed out. He told me of this on his sick bed and even instructed me to prepare a codicil to that effect. However, before I could finish he passed on. After his funeral and execution of his will, I launched an investigation through his personal assistance to ascertain the information at my disposal and found out there is no next of kin to the fund (18,000,000) British pounds. It is necessary for me to move the money out of the bank before the bank regard it as sundry expenses, which gives them the right to claim the money. I cannot move the money in my name because he is my client. Neither can the personal assistance do that, for it could arise suspicion. Hence soliciting for your assistance is inevitable. I hereby solicit for your assistance and consent to present you as the next of kin to the deceased so that the proceeds of this account valued at eighteen million British pounds (18,000,000) can be paid to you. I am ready to concede up to 37% of the fund to you as your share if you will help me pull the funds through your account. I will secure all necessary documents to back up our claim. I will be responsible for securing letter of administration without will from the probate and personally apply on your behalf to the bank for the release of the funds to you. I guarantee that this will be done under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of law. Have my assurance that there is nothing to fear about, as I also need your assurance that you will work with me with utmost good faith and confidentiality. In the light of above, the following will be required to achieve this goal, Names Address Date of Birth Telephone and Fax numbers Your positive response is a key to the successful completion of this transfer. I look forward to hearing from you through my email. :kwammz@mighty.co.za Take care and have a great day. Sincerely, Lloyd Wright Impey & Associates ===================================================== Dear Friend, E-mail tina_obki@yahoo.co.uk RE: CONSIDER MY CONDITION I presume this letter will come to you as a suprise,but as things unfold,we will know each other better and how I got your contact.I will start by introducing myself to you, I am Mrs Tina Obaseki,the wife of Chief Jackson Gaius Obaseki, the Group Managing Director and Chief Executive of Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) I am very sure that you will be of a good assistance after carefully reading my letter. For many years of marriage now between me and my husband,I have not given birth,and this has really troubled my husband.This is as a result of so much respect attached to local Tradition Culture and Custom in there community. And now my husband is dead, In short to be sincere and honest with you,with the present situation of things now, I am being treaten daily by my husband family to get me out from the house. My husband parents and brothers are not left out in this matter.This situation has really affected me psychologically, most of the time I am in the church to pray and rest myself,because there is no room for rest in my own home again. As I am writing to you now,I am no longer assured of a matrmonial home, hence I seek for your urgent assistance and help me out, which I know will go a long way in geting me settled down finally.I want to use this pportunity,since my husband family are tring to abandoned me because of childlessness,to move this amount of (US$32M) million us dollars into your custody for safe keeping,pending my arrival in your country. Be informed that this said amount was given to my husband as gratification from some foreign oil companies he helped in securing Allocation for the Drilling of Crude Oil in Nigeria. As a civil servant then,he does not want to be esposed, so he gave me this money to keep in my personal account, this was when the going was okay between us,so that he can exonerate himself from the eyes of Government security operatives and the civil service commission(CSC)which is the body that scrutinizes the activities of all civil servants in Nigeria as checks and balances for official misconduct. Please i need your urgent assistance because my husband family are tring to take all i and my husbnad has labourd for and throw me out of the house, please don't let this happen to me come and save me out of this truouble and i will be forever be geatfull to you. To be sincere and honest with you,this money is never connected with drugs, money aundry,firearms and looting,which I beleive might put fears in you and consequently withdrawing your help for security reasons. Hence the source of this said money is clean and clear. This money was eposited in my personal Domicillary Account and I have discussed with the bank manager who is very close to me, my intention to transfer the money out of Nigeriaand he promise to render to me all the assistance I needed to transfer the money out of Nigeria.All I need now is for you to send me your bank account and other informations,to enable my bank apply for foreign exchange at the Federal Ministry of Finance with your name as the beneficiary of the fund.This is how my bank has planned it,to avoid any suspicion from our apex bank. Be rest assured that this transaction is 100% risk free, As soon as I receive your response and your willingness to help as regards to his I will furnish you on the next line of action to take immediately. Note,as soon as the money is successfully transfered into your account, I will start coming to meet you in your country.I romise to compensate you very well at the successful end, this is the guranttee I am giving you from my heart of heart.Be informed according to my bank manager,this transaction will not last more than 7 working bank days and it will be concluded because every necessary/vital arrangements has been put in place, take note. Your negative or positive response will be highlyappreciated by me,Thanks and Godbless your family. Yours Sincerely, Mrs Tina Obaseki ADLANDPRO FRIENDS PLEASE BE WARN!!! CHECK OUT ANTHONY'S LINK...
+0
8/22/2005 9:02:13 AM
I always send a nasty email back to them in return. I have thought of flaiming them with some hacker tools from the net. Anyone on this list that is not on my friend list feel free to add me. I welcome the invite.
+0
8/22/2005 4:58:56 PM
Donna, Thank you once again for accepting our invitation. Mrs Tina Obaseki is mentioned at the Nigerian Scam website above. Thank you for the warning post.
+0
8/22/2005 5:04:27 PM
Corey, Be careful about answering these emails. Check the Nigerian scam website & you will see all the death threats that the owners have received from these scammers & their blatant disregard for anyone they hurt financially & their hatred for America & other Western World countries. Be warned though, the language these scammers use & the threats they make are not very nice.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!