Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: THIRTY NINTH EDITION - WOMEN OF COURAGE
8/1/2007 10:38:11 AM

Hello Shelley!

Welcome to Women of Courage!

I am glad you enjoyed reading about Jill.  I am deeply affected whenever I see anybody held in captivity.  We feel a sense of relief when they are released.  However, in their execution we feel despair and sorrow.

We honor the families of the hostages that were not released.

Hugs,

Luella

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/1/2007 10:45:34 AM

Gorgeous!

While I can see that someone might go into a volatile environment because of a death wish, I didn't get that impression with Jill.  By what I have seen aread about her, she has a very loving heart.  She is simply passionate about her beliefs and acts on them no matter what the situation.  Therefore, it must be the hand of God.

I cannot imagine putting myself in that situation.  I am so glad Jill was released.  She is very young and will contribute much during her lifetime.

Muah!

Luella

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/1/2007 3:57:57 PM

Thank you so much for this story.

This is a great forum with extraordinary stories to tell.

I am ashamed to say that due to pressures it is some time since I posted here but I am so glad that my friend Geketa sent me here.

Roger

+0
8/2/2007 3:52:26 PM

A great story of courage. Thank you Geketa for sharing this.

Jill is just 1 example of women and men that find that deep pool of courage when facing adverse circumstances. I think of missionaries who place themselves on that same line line every day and say " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".

Doug

I've Recently Discovered the Secrets to Making Money on the Internet & Enjoy Sharing With My Friends
+0
Vel
Vel Am

319 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/2/2007 9:10:32 PM

Not many of us can say we have gone though such a tough ordeal.   An she survived to write about it too.  

Vel

- - Matthew 6:33 “Keep on, then, seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness, and all these [other] things will be added to YOU. 34 So, never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Sufficient for each day is its own badness. .. . . . http://www.presidentialfield.com/abelchat/ Jeremiah 33: 3 ‘Call to me, and I shall answer you and readily tell you great and incomprehensible things that you have not known.’”
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!