Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Unanswered questions about "The Secret"
7/24/2007 8:48:22 PM

I get a lot of questions about "The Secret" or "Law of Attraction".  Here is a little more information if you don't think it's working for you.

The Secret is about the Law of Attraction "only".  There are other natural laws that play a part in our ability to manifest our dreams. 

The Law of Attraction is a belief that energy manifest things. Positive energy creates or attracts positive, and negative creates or attracts negative. 

Your energy is your life force.  As we go through life we invest our energy.  When we invest in positive things, or moments we get energy dividends.  When we have negative moments or experiences, it takes our energy, or makes a withdrawal.  If your energy is in the past then it is not with you in the present to create, or manifest your dreams.

Life example:  You go through a divorce (negative moment/energy withdrawal) BUT not only the moment takes your energy, but the negative memory takes your energy.  That's why it is so important to heal, and let go. 

So with the Law of Attraction, if your energy/life force is invested in the negative past, you are going to attract negative in the present.  Negative attracts negative. 

That is what I do.  I figure out where people have their energy invested, and help them invest their energy, by choice, into what they want to manifest, create, or attract.

I hope that answers some unanswered questions.  I do Life Coaching over the phone, in person, workshops, and Seminars.  If that is something your interested in please email me ( april@breakthroughwithapril.com ), and we can schedule an appointment.  Have a wonderful day.

Life Coach April Corbit

April Corbitt Life Coach www.breakthoughwithapril.com sales@breakthroughwithapril.com 619-442-1341
+0
Bruce Macomber

216 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Unanswered questions about "The Secret"
7/24/2007 9:07:45 PM
Hi April,

I saw "The Secret" flash across my scree in the post preview box and I had to post this.

I understand that not everyone holds a Biblical view of life.
I do fear that many who do miss the signifcance of The Secret.

This review expresses my concerns fairly well:

Books that promise health and wealth for their practitioners are published every day. But few associate such promises with Byrne's breathtaking audacity. She proclaims to her readers,

You are God in a physical body. You are Spirit in the flesh. You are Eternal Life expressing itself as You. You are a cosmic being. You are all power. You are all wisdom. You are all intelligence. You are perfection. You are magnificence. You are the creator, and you are creating the creation of You on this planet (p. 164).

If that weren't blasphemous enough, realize that the book your neighbors and coworkers are reading more than any other also tells them,

The earth turns on its orbit for You. The oceans ebb and flow for You. The birds sing for You. The sun rises and it sets for You. The stars come out for You. Every beautiful thing you see, every wondrous thing you experience, is all there for You. Take a look around. None of it can exist, without You. No matter who you thought you were, now you know the Truth of Who You Really Are. You are the master of the Universe. You are the heir to the kingdom. You are the perfection of Life. And now you know The Secret (p. 183).

This would be beautiful if it were addressed to the God of Heaven. But as Byrne thinks this is what we should say to the person in the mirror, it is the heresy of heresies. Her "Secret" is nothing less than Satan's original lie in the Garden of Eden, "You will be like God" (Gen. 3:5).

http://biblicalspirituality.org/secret.html

Thank you for allowing me to share my views in your forum

Bruce
http://christiansoldiersonline.org <== the only promotion that matters.

+0
Re: Unanswered questions about &quot;The Secret&quot;
7/25/2007 1:43:16 AM

Thank you for sharing your beliefs.  Part of the reason I posted this was because some people are watching The Secret, and believe that is all it takes, and becoming frustrated that their dreams are not manifesting.  There are other natural laws, laws to co-creation that factor in.  If people really belief in The Law of Attraction they need to learn, and understand the co-existing other laws of nature.  Again thank you for your thoughts.

Life Coach April Corbitt

April Corbitt Life Coach www.breakthoughwithapril.com sales@breakthroughwithapril.com 619-442-1341
+0
Bruce Macomber

216 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Unanswered questions about &quot;The Secret&quot;
7/25/2007 12:20:17 PM
Hi April,

I truly appreciate you allowing my post to stay.

co-creation   :-o

Don't worry, I won't turn your forum into a debate.  :-)

But I do feel a Newsletter coming on!

All the best to you!

Bruce

+0
Re: Unanswered questions about "The Secret"
7/25/2007 1:34:11 PM

No worries it's not a debate.  Peoples beliefs are extremely important to me.  I love hearing peoples beliefs and views.  If several people ask me a question about the bible, Religion, Mythology, Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Shinto, Judaism, Islam, or Christianity I would post the information, or knowledge that I have obtain on that question.  It's up to each individual to take it in, meditate on it, and decide if that coincides with them. 

I say co-creation because if you believe in energy, or Gods Spirit, or anything, there is no creation if we do not exist. (Co-creation) God gave us free will.  We can chose to not create with him, or co-create, and allow him to manifest things in our lives.  You chose to live your life in harmony with God, and that is awesome.  Matthew 4:10 "It is God your God you must worship, and to him alone you must render sacred services."  I understand, and respect why it offends you that people believe they can manifest their dreams without God. 

I have a question for you; when you want something, happiness, love, a home for your family, so on, do you ask for this in prayer?  If you do, do you belief God will just manifest it, or it is your actions and God's Spirit that will Manifest it?

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!