Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Beware: Politically Correct info about homosexuality and hate speech
7/19/2007 3:44:21 AM

http://www.hatecrime.org/subpages/hatespeech/hate.html

hitler.gif

NEW
Nazi anti-Jewish speech compared to religious right anti-Gay speech
CLICK HERE

Matthew Shepard Online Resources  

The Religious Right and Anti-Gay Speech:
In their Own Words

"
'Unless we get medically lucky, in three or four years,
one of the options discussed will be the extermination of homosexuals.
"
Dr. Paul Cameron, a "scientist" often quoted by religious right groups (see below),
speaking at the 1985 Conservative Political Action Conference

Religious right attack on Matt 
This photo of Matthew Shepard "burning in hell,"created by a prominent conservative Christian church, came with a link permiting visitors to hear Matt "scream in hell."

Welcome: Anti-gay hate groups have called gay Americans everything from pedophiles to Nazis, yet continue to insist that their anti-gay speech is a "message of love."  This site is an effort to document that speech, and let the visitor decide for themselves how loving these supposed Christians really are.

After you visit our site, we invite you to try an experiment.  Click on one of the two buttons below to see how the quotes on this page would read if the word "gay" was replaced with the words "blacks" or "Jews."   If the quotes aren't hateful, the word change shouldn't offend.

+0
Bruce Macomber

216 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Beware: Politically Correct info about homosexuality and hate speech
7/27/2007 12:06:59 AM
I don't understand your forum title.

What makes this clearly anti-Christian distortion of truth politically correct?

Surely you do not think the so-called Westboro Church represents Christian views?

Please clarify.

Thanks.

Bruce
http://christiansoldiersonline.org <== the only promotion that matters.

+0
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/27/2007 2:17:18 AM

Bruce Macomber Posted following message

Subject

I don't understand your forum title.What makes this clearly anti-Christian distortion of truth politically correct?Surely you do not think the so-called Westboro Church represents Christian views?Plea.....

Hi Bruce... How are you tonight?

Luckily I was looking for a email regarding my blog that I'm trying to work on.... I'm about 18 months behind the curve when it comes to network marketing and blogging...

and I came across your message/post notice...and since we got off on the wrong foot to begin with... and I have the other answer to the question from your email/message that I think I forgot to send on to you.... so, this is a good way to discuss this because it is a very serious issue and peoples beliefs are represented in different ways depending on what media you happen to come across.... to put it as carefully as I can on such short notice.

I would like to say (for the benefit of other readers( that I came across this link on your website :: that is was connected to your site under the category homosexuality? and here it is again ::   http://www.hatecrime.org/subpages/hatespeech/hate.html

Here is your webpage where the link should be found... http://christiansoldiers.real-estate-investors-resource.com/homosexuality.php

indeed,even now Christians are being accused of just that  - here is just one example.

You ask several questions. Allow me to address them one at a time and offer my personal beliefs or insights concerning these delicate subjects.

First :: My forum name is ::  Social Networking Works!    It used to be a different forum name and I had a separate thread for my own political and commentary topics that one could either view or not view as the case may be.... and it took me a long time to post any progressive if not out and out bleeding heart LIBERAL stances in politics, life and theology.

Here is the title for this particular thread!

Politically Correct  

what does Politically correct mean?   this is difficult to explain unless you were a small child in the early 50s and you remember being taught not only by your mother but also the other mother's in the neighborhood that the 'N' word was not to be spoken.    

At that time...as children....we puzzled how we were going to not say a kind of pastry/candy that was called 'N' toes... because of the shape of the confection or candy. I can't recall exactly because I was less than 4 years old and that was before my mother died.

That is what it is to be politically correct. There are things that just aren't said.

We did not say things like..... "I could just k*ll him"       That was a taboo thing to say.

We did not say things.... or rather we were the first main generation taught to be politically correct who were wasps or whatever whitebread label you can attach to this social setting I was raised in... North of Chicago where lots had moved to get out of the city.

Ok..... now where am I?    

your next comment is:

What makes this clearly anti-Christian distortion of truth politically correct?

This is a very convoluted question! (smile) plz allow me to work thru this one as well            

There is an assumption that this is an "anti-Christian"  distortion.     There are people who claim to be Christians and they write the things and preach the things that are what is phrased 'god-awful'  which is a phrase I rarely let pass my lips.... i do swear like a sailor when I'm upset! but there are things that i have restrictions on......

No... I do not think any C H U R C H represents the love of Christ........

Homosexuals are born that way! My opinion? maybe... medically validated? maybe.... have they been a part of the culture of humanity since the beginning of time? Certainly.....

Freedom of Speech, Religion, pursuit of happiness, my choice to choose the medically ethical procedure for my mind, body and spirit is my right as an American Citizen... (((I can never remember how to spell 'citizen' .... I think i like the   z   if it's incorrect....(smile)

Friends?

Beth

+0
Bruce Macomber

216 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/27/2007 2:24:16 AM
Sorry for the confusion in terminology.

Thread title, then.

There is really nothing convoluted about this.

You post a site that is clearly biased against what they perceive to be Christian sentiments against homosexuality, citing the West Baptist Church - which, if you do your homework, will find is no church at all - as an example.

+0
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/27/2007 2:36:06 AM

p.s.

There is an assumption that this is an "anti-Christian"  distortion.     There are people who claim to be Christians and they write the things and preach the things that are what is phrased 'god-awful'  which is a phrase I rarely let pass my lips.... i do swear like a sailor when I'm upset! but there are things that i have restrictions on......

No... I do not think any C H U R C H represents the love of Christ........

Homosexuals are born that way! My opinion? maybe... medically validated? maybe.... have they been a part of the culture of humanity since the beginning of time? Certainly.....

Freedom of Speech, Religion, pursuit of happiness, my choice to choose the medically ethical procedure for my mind, body and spirit is my right as an American Citizen... (((I can never remember how to spell 'citizen' .... I think i like the   z   if it's incorrect....(smile)

Friends?

Beth

if you go to The United Nations you will see that these rights are for all !

+0