Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
This just in from freePress.net :: Rescue Internet Radio ~ Sign Petition :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::
6/19/2007 3:04:57 PM

I dclicked the below link and that  is an ended campaign.... I think they're looking for donations now!

Dear Adland,

Online music is in danger.

A recent ruling by an obscure regulatory board threatens to put independent and
public radio on the Internet out of business.
Rescue Internet Radio:
Sign the Petition

The "Copyright Royalty Board" is dramatically increasing the royalties "webcasters" must pay every time they stream a song online. Public Internet radio like NPR is especially at risk.

The rules could shut down nonprofit and smaller commercial Internet radio outlets and force larger webcasters to play the same cookie-cutter music as Clear Channel. So much for new online alternatives.

Rescue Internet Radio: Sign the Petition

This is not just another petition. The Copyright Royalty Board isn't used to hearing from the public, so your action can really make a difference. And we need to stop them before the new charges go into effect.

Artists must be compensated for their work. But the new regulations don't even differentiate between public outlets, small upstarts, and the largest commercial companies. The proposed increase would silence many outlets that play independent artists and musical genres you can't find anymore on the radio dial.

As soon as smaller webcasters start to attract a sizable audience, the royalty costs would be astronomical -- and likely fatal. And nonprofit stations like NPR should not be forced to pay so much money that they actually fear an increase in their listeners.

Industry-wide consolidation has destroyed musical diversity and shut out independent and local artists on broadcast radio. We can't let the same thing happen on the Internet.

The Copyright Royalty Board -- or if necessary, Congress -- needs to fix the rules so that artist and musicians thrive alongside a new generation of Internet radio webcasters. Send them a message by adding your name to our petition.

Tell Your Friends

Our goal is collect 50,000 signatures by Monday. Help us get there by telling all your friends that now is the time to take action.

Thanks for all you do,

Josh Silver
Executive Director
Free Press
http://action.freepress.net/ct/epe4StF16j5u/

P.S. More than 15,000 readers rely on the Media Reform Daily for the latest news on media issues. Click here to subscribe -- it's free.

Visit the web address below to tell your friends about this campaign
 Tell-a-friend!

If you received this message from a friend, you can click here to become a Free Press activist.

free press action alert
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: This just in from freePress.net :: Rescue Internet Radio ~ Sign Petition :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::
6/19/2007 3:08:00 PM
Thanks Beth
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: This just in from freePress.net :: Rescue Internet Radio ~ Sign Petition :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::
6/19/2007 3:15:04 PM
Thanks Beth,

Been following it since earlier this year.  My favorite internet radio stations are:

TGAMM and Beethoven.com.  Awesome Stations, can't let them go away.
***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
6/19/2007 3:34:58 PM

Dear Friends:

First, please don't get concerned about this, I'll explain in a moment.

Joe D. wow, what a super thing to place in print, thank you.

To anyone who reads this forum, here is the deal about TGAMM.

Early on we knew this day would come. We have joined with other Internet radio outlets and formed a board of directors, so to speak. It is called AMERICAN MEDIA INTERNATIONAL, of which, TGAMM FM and BCN News are stated as being affiliates. To add to the validity of our operation , we purchased a business licence to operate, though none was needed. We also invested into a company that provides us the express right to all the music requested by our global audience. By doing this, all 25 radio stations on the Internet were then merged under one roof, thus affording us more protection than was needed.

With that said, the only thing that can take TGAMM off the Internet is the loss of electrical power, or tech situations happening with our IP providers.

Again, not to worry. Big brother only has power over you when you give it to him. Not until.

Always in friendship,

Joe Buccheri

TGAMM FM RADIO

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/19/2007 3:44:20 PM

Doing a Good Job TGAMM staff. Its like Sirus radio but on a computer. Have nice day.

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!