Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bj
Bj Burgess

4768 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Appreciating Our Past
6/17/2007 8:52:47 PM

Appreciating Our Past

It is easy to be negative about past mistakes and unhappiness. But it is much more healing to look at ourselves and our past in the light of experience, acceptance, and growth.

Our past is a series of lessons that advance us to higher levels of living and loving. The relationships we entered, stayed in, or ended taught us necessary lessons.

Some of us have emerged from the most painful circumstances with strong insights about who we are and what we want. Our mistakes? Necessary. Our frustrations, failures, and sometimes stumbling attempts at growth and progress? Necessary too. Each step of the way, we learned. We went through exactly the experiences we need to, to become who we are today. Each step of the way, we progressed. Is our past a mistake? No. The only mistake we can make is mistaking that for the truth.

Today, God, help me let go of negative thoughts I may be harboring about my past circumstances or relationships. I can accept, with gratitude, all that has brought me to today.

+0
Ray
Ray Ducharme

95 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Appreciating Our Past
6/17/2007 9:42:09 PM

Thanks for the reminder,remimbering to be gratefull is the key,and today I am gratefull !!! Thanks for being my friend!

http://rayducharme.ws/

+0
Bj
Bj Burgess

4768 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/17/2007 10:29:41 PM

Hi Ray

Hope you are doing great today. Thank you for stopping by and really appreciate you my friend. 

Being able to look at ourselves and our past through our experience is a much more healing process. We have a better way of understanding our strenghs and weakness'. This is what has brought us to where we are now.

Have a great day Ray

Bj

+0
6/18/2007 12:46:42 AM

I know we learn and grow from our past experiences, but many times I wished that the hard times were a little more spaced out,(lol) not pouring out all at once (it seems like it did at that time). 

I do praise God for what my life is today, and thank you for the reminder.

God Bless you Bj,

Gabrielle

God Bless Everyone
+0
Bj
Bj Burgess

4768 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/18/2007 1:07:10 AM

Hi Gabrielle

Thank you for coming by and I hope things are going good for you. You are a Very sweet lady, and I treasure your friendship.

Thanks

Bj

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!