Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
The
The Drummerboy

1069 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
How to get behind?
6/6/2007 6:41:55 PM
How To get Behind

If there is a sure-fire expressway to getting ahead, there is a steep slide to getting behind.

• Just do nothing.
  • Stay in bed.
  • Roll over for another hour.
  • Be late for work.
  • Miss appointments.
  • Be unreliable.
  • Do sloppy work.
  • Complain a lot.
  • Grumble when you are assigned a task.
  • Move slowly.
  • Frown.
  • Just be lazy.

Solomon understood this and spoke of it in Proverbs 6:9-11;

"How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep? Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep: So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man."

Why does he call it a little sleep and a little slumber? Because that is what we call it when we rest excessively. Everyone needs sleep. God designed us so that we require down time. However, the sluggard wants a little more and a little more and a little more.

He never gets caught up!

He is extremely successful at failure and, while he may feel or confess to be miserable, he is unwilling to do anything to change that state.

It takes effort to get out of bed. It takes an inner drive and a shock to the system to wake up and do what needs to be done. it may even be painful for you.

What you have to ask yourself is, "What is the greater pain, getting up or being broke?"

It is really all up to you.

Tired of being broke?

Time to get up!

~ Drummerboy Keep on thinking positive…..thank God for everything that’s good in your life……..and make it a great week!

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: How to get behind?
6/7/2007 1:09:30 AM

Hello Brian!

I hear what you are saying and you put it together so well but this is my retirement unless the luck of the lottery decides to hit  lol

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!