Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Joyce Sanders

259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: But, you know, those three words ...
6/17/2007 11:30:30 AM
Hi all,

I think asking for help can be easier than "giving" help because most people feel as though the are not experts enough to give help.

I have found this amazingly true!  I myself have felt at time I am not qualified enough to help people.  However, I wil try and tell them all I can to help them. 

Often it turns out others know so much more about a subject but do not recognize this fact. 

Sometimes a "little knowledge" is a powerful thing.  Turns out we often know more than we think we do about a subject, therefore, we look like experts to those that know less.

It never hurts to try and help.  Who know, you might unbeknowingly be and "expert"!

Warmest Regards,

roadcat
11:30:25 AM
+0
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/17/2007 10:06:47 PM

thanks Bogdan,

I've often not said those words when needed.... or sought help even without saying the words.... which can be done and you don't even have to admit that's what it is..... hmmmm.... but it is so much better to admit to needing help... besides... the sooner you realize that... i believe the sooner you're able to be a truly helpful human yourself!

Beth

+0
7/8/2007 9:03:10 PM

Hi, All! Three more words that have a powerful meaning are   I AM SORRY.

I don't think we hear these words enough.

Judy Koivula

+0
7/25/2007 8:57:22 AM
Yes Jacqueline you said it right! Swallowing your pride and asking for help is one of the toughest things I have ever had to do.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!