Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
The
The Drummerboy

1069 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Slow down and enjoy
5/23/2007 8:08:04 PM
Slow down and enjoy

Racing through life is very stressful. If we stay in high gear too long, we lose our ability to shift down. And when we're stressed, we can't access happiness, appreciation, fun, compassion, generosity, awareness of beauty and other wonderful qualities. High stress also triggers negative emotions like frustration, impatience, anger and fear.

Life has so much to offer if we will slow down and truly experience it. We must always remember that we are the ones in control of the accelerator. We CAN choose to brake.

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast -- you also miss the sense of where you are going and why."

-- Eddie Cantor

~ Drummerboy Keep on thinking positive…..thank God for everything that’s good in your life……..and make it a great week!

+0
Slow down and enjoy
5/23/2007 8:39:08 PM

Thank you for the reminder!  Especially this week, I know how important balance is.  Yet, sometimes we are on high gear to much.

Have a great week!

Lori

Health Tips Lori www.whoislorijones.com
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Slow down and enjoy
5/24/2007 11:56:45 AM

It is so easy for that balance to start tipping in the direction of stress and the rush, isn't it Brian?

Stop and smell the roses isn't a pupular old saying for no reason!! 

I have to remind myself more often than I should that life is short, and we only have TODAY!! It is a great reminder that each of those days should be lived to the fullest. 

Great thread  - I needed the reminder!!

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Slow down and enjoy
5/24/2007 4:05:24 PM

Hello Brian!

I think the picture explains real stress!

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!